Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok here is another.... Dont think I wrote this one yet but lord my mind is gone these days so if I did bare with me.....

My moms cousin passed a few years back. She had a house with her husband here in So Cal and after she passed he sold and moved to S. Carolina to be with their daughter. Anyhow.... the family who bought the house started renovating. She is there with them. They got ahold of the husband and talked to him about it. The new owner husband has seen Phylis and talked with her even I guess. She has helped them find things around the house even. My mom was so excited about this being how much she believes that she got in contact with them and they told her about it. Guess they smell her perfume often too. Pretty trippy when a total stranger confirms what you believe. Phylis has also been seen in my moms room at night a few times, just as if to say hi.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - Awesome stories and no you haven't told that one. Are the new people freaked out by this, I wonder? Now that ghost hunting is almost an obsession with some, it's surely far more acceptable to have a house full of ghosts. My buddy John hasn't been on in awhile (MISS YOU [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION]) but he's also ghost hunted for real. When this genre of TV show first came out (Ghost Hunters), I was hooked. Even though some of it seems kinda hokey now, I still am compelled to watch them. Lately, it's been me wincing when Britt says anything on Ghost Hunters. Sometimes, he says the kookiest things when trying to get an EVP. (electronic voice phenomenon for the uninitiated...lol)

MORE STORIES! Who's next? :meeting:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I know we have watched them since the beginning too. The original ghost hunters was the best. It has slowed a bit lately and the other shows are fakey but we still watch. We just love that stuff but I cant think about it when hubby goes out of town for school. haha I avoid these shows a good while before so my mind is clear, or as clear as it can be anyhow. hahahahaha

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
This thread is so funny because just the other day I was telling my sister I think Gio sees ghosts! He will stare at a wall and do a low bark/grumble for 30 minutes at a time and just sit and watch the same spot! He will do this pretty often too, maybe once every couple of weeks!! Sometimes he will be in the middle of playing and running around crazy then all of a sudden just stop and start to do the bark/grumble noise while looking at the same spot, or he might even be in a deep sleep and wake up and do it! It's crazy!! I live in a 100+ year old house and have been convinced that it's haunted even before we had Gio! And the spots that he looks at are the same spots that we have always heard noises, always around the dining room!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] totally didn't answer you... :lol: from what my mom got from talking to them they liked having Phyllis there in the home. Totally welcomed her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
This thread is so funny because just the other day I was telling my sister I think Gio sees ghosts! He will stare at a wall and do a low bark/grumble for 30 minutes at a time and just sit and watch the same spot! He will do this pretty often too, maybe once every couple of weeks!! Sometimes he will be in the middle of playing and running around crazy then all of a sudden just stop and start to do the bark/grumble noise while looking at the same spot, or he might even be in a deep sleep and wake up and do it! It's crazy!! I live in a 100+ year old house and have been convinced that it's haunted even before we had Gio! And the spots that he looks at are the same spots that we have always heard noises, always around the dining room!

My exgirlfriend was CONVINCED that Bea saw Mable when she was little. She would do as you've described when we'd go out the back door to potty. She's not done it in a long long time now and Bo never has. I think Gio is on to something! Have you ever done any historical investigations on your house? An EVP session perhaps? Details! Details!

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] totally didn't answer you... :lol: from what my mom got from talking to them they liked having Phyllis there in the home. Totally welcomed her.

Awesome. Why be freaked out when you can go with the flow? Less stressful for everyone - including Phyllis!

I forgot about this story - probably because it's not really mine to tell. It's my brother's - but he died so I'm going to have to tell it for him. :D

My brother and a couple of his friends rented an apartment that was attached to the Pacific, Washington volunteer firehouse. (back then it was between Algona and Pacific - not sure if it's still there or not) The one roommate, Tim, was completely freaked out by the stuff that used to happen there. My brother, Cory, named the ghost and made a joke out of it. It didn't bother him at all. I don't remember what the third guy thought of it. Anyway, lots of things happened. Pots and pans used to "fall" out of the cupboards for no reason. Noises. Voices coming from the firehouse - where the pool table was located. The most intense thing that happened was the ghost GRABBED TIM'S FEET one night, as they were sticking out of his covers as he laid on the bed. (This surely added to Tim's anxiety about the ghost) My brother used to tell that story with much finesse!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
My exgirlfriend was CONVINCED that Bea saw Mable when she was little. She would do as you've described when we'd go out the back door to potty. She's not done it in a long long time now and Bo never has. I think Gio is on to something! Have you ever done any historical investigations on your house? An EVP session perhaps? Details! Details!

Awesome. Why be freaked out when you can go with the flow? Less stressful for everyone - including Phyllis!

I forgot about this story - probably because it's not really mine to tell. It's my brother's - but he died so I'm going to have to tell it for him. :D

My brother and a couple of his friends rented an apartment that was attached to the Pacific, Washington volunteer firehouse. (back then it was between Algona and Pacific - not sure if it's still there or not) The one roommate, Tim, was completely freaked out by the stuff that used to happen there. My brother, Cory, named the ghost and made a joke out of it. It didn't bother him at all. I don't remember what the third guy thought of it. Anyway, lots of things happened. Pots and pans used to "fall" out of the cupboards for no reason. Noises. Voices coming from the firehouse - where the pool table was located. The most intense thing that happened was the ghost GRABBED TIM'S FEET one night, as they were sticking out of his covers as he laid on the bed. (This surely added to Tim's anxiety about the ghost) My brother used to tell that story with much finesse!

haha always messing with the one who is afraid, how sad. :lol:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok so my friend bought the SB-7 Spirit box, the same one the guys from Ghost Adventures use. Basically it sweeps through all radio stations from 88.0 to 107.9 really really quick. It is believe that the band sweep produces a white noise enviorment which enebles spirits to speak more freely through it.

Anyway we went to Greenwood Cemetery which is one of the largest privatley owned cemeteries in the country and parked right outside one of the gates around midnight. We shut the car off and started the spirit box session. Almost instantly we recieved voices of all sorts through it...We asked if they were at peace and a woman said yes we asked if she was with other people and she said yes...I then asked if she knew the name of the person i was sitting next to and she said Christopher (it was the same exact voice for alll three responses)...it was the MOST INSANE experience of my life EVER! Now I know without a doubt there is something after we pass away. I'm not exactly sure what or where it is but having witnessed and experienced this myself, direct contact with a spirit, totally blew me away. We are going to an old revolutionary war cemetery in Brooklyn next friday to see what else we can find.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
That seems like a very interesting piece of equipment [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION]. At first I really questioned it on the show but the more i watched it def caught my interest. They can be so quick to use some that I just dont buy into so much. That is so neat that you caught that and very interesting anyhow. Maybe you will start recording this stuff and come up with your own new show. haha Isnt that how ghost adventures started out anyhow? ;) Do you guys know anything of night terrors? My cousin has had these her whole life. Odd dream-like things where she wakes up tripping as her husband would say. I guess last night she awoke to a kid in her room. A little boy who looked like her son and he was trying to climb on the bed. She even described him full body aside from his face. she said he disappeared and popped up on the other side of the bed and she asked if he was ok (still thinking it was her 3 yr old) and he shook his head no and when she got up he was gone. Trippy. Of course she ran to her sons room who was sound asleep. She is terrified of this stuff but sees so many things at night. Not sure if this would fit into the night terror side as much as just a vision, ghost whisperer style but she has had crazy terror dreams like waking up trying to dig in the mattress to get her brother out from under and save him etc. Drives her husband crazy. lmao.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] The house used to be the only one on the block, it was an old farm house with woods all around it long ago. I am pretty sure the mother of the elderly woman who used to own it in the 70s passed away before her daughter owned it, not sure if she passed away in the house, but this was the last house she lived in. I haven't done too much research on it and haven't done any EVP but am very interested too!! I also think that if I did do any more investigating I might freak myself out hahahha, I am pretty used too the noises now....but once in awhile I will get freaked out! Especially one night I heard a very strange noise in the room over and right when I turned around to look Gio did the same thing! It literally sounded and felt like someone was watching us!!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
We are going to an old revolutionary war cemetery in Brooklyn next friday to see what else we can find.

I am DYING to hear the results of that investigation! I was suspect of that thing at first too - but if you will recall, Ryan Buell used one in Season 1 at some asylum so those things have been around a long time. Surely the technology is perfected over that early version way back when.

That seems like a very interesting piece of equipment [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION]. At first I really questioned it on the show but the more i watched it def caught my interest. They can be so quick to use some that I just dont buy into so much. That is so neat that you caught that and very interesting anyhow. Maybe you will start recording this stuff and come up with your own new show. haha Isnt that how ghost adventures started out anyhow? ;) Do you guys know anything of night terrors? My cousin has had these her whole life. Odd dream-like things where she wakes up tripping as her husband would say. I guess last night she awoke to a kid in her room. A little boy who looked like her son and he was trying to climb on the bed. She even described him full body aside from his face. she said he disappeared and popped up on the other side of the bed and she asked if he was ok (still thinking it was her 3 yr old) and he shook his head no and when she got up he was gone. Trippy. Of course she ran to her sons room who was sound asleep. She is terrified of this stuff but sees so many things at night. Not sure if this would fit into the night terror side as much as just a vision, ghost whisperer style but she has had crazy terror dreams like waking up trying to dig in the mattress to get her brother out from under and save him etc. Drives her husband crazy. lmao.

Wow. How often does this happen? It's a bummer that it scares her; she could be gifted! (I'd probably freak out myself so I can hardly blame her)

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I haven't done too much research on it and haven't done any EVP but am very interested too!! I also think that if I did do any more investigating I might freak myself out hahahha, I am pretty used too the noises now....but once in awhile I will get freaked out! Especially one night I heard a very strange noise in the room over and right when I turned around to look Gio did the same thing! It literally sounded and felt like someone was watching us!!

Oh man....I'd have me a digital recorder in there pronto! Who knows what you could learn!? Bea and Bo will bark at random crap - but with these two, it's hardly other-worldly. The other day they're freaking out about something and upon investigation, I discovered a car alarm going off blocks away. THAT was the source of the anxiety. ha ha My neighborhood is so quiet; it's rare there's anything to bark about. Last night though, I got to hear what "genuine alarm" sounds like as the aid car was at the neighbor lady's place. There were EMTs and stretchers and her dog got loose so I was chasing a Jack Russell down the street in my PJs and bare feet at midnight. I did catch "Sparky" - thankfully.

Who's next? More ghosty stories!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow. How often does this happen? It's a bummer that it scares her; she could be gifted! (I'd probably freak out myself so I can hardly blame her)

This happens actually VERY often and it totally freaks her out. I would take a guess at even as much as 1 a week? Everyone thinks she is nuts but she knows I love to hear the stories so she always tells me about them. She started talking to them because that was what everyone has said, why dont you just talk to them and see what happens? So this is what she is starting to do now.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] living in a house that old would creep me out I think. Sad cuz I LOVE them but you know with history like that there is def something there, how could there not be?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.