OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow! These stories are awesome! I do have two animal stories that I forgot about.... I already told the one about my cat Tommy in another thread - but after he passed, I used to hear his tags hitting the water bowl in the kitchen - and there was no water bowl. He was an only cat at the time so I put it up when he died. (My daughter always makes me tell that story when she's home from college - she likes ghost shows too).

Here's one I forgot about:

Back when Bea first came home - as a puppy - part of our morning ritual was going out the patio door, around the side of the house, to the back yard for potty. I live in an extremely quiet neighborhood. The four homes in the culdesac behind me have no dogs, no kids and I'm up at o-crack-thirty. There was a period of time when Bea used to act like she saw a dog when we were walking around the back of the house. Her body language was exactly that; head down, sometimes a butt wiggle. Sometimes she'd stare out into the culdesac and even bark. This went on for some months and then abruptly stopped. I mentioned it to my girlfriend at the time and she said, "It's Mable." (my five y/o bullie who has passed in December of that year) Made sense to me!

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Ok here are my stories:

Fast forward a few years later and I decided to go to the Stanley Hotel in Colorado with a few friends to ski and snowboard. We stayed on the top most floor of the hotel and above us apparently is just a crawl space used for storage. A full sized adult would have to crouch up there and nearly every night around 2AM/3AM my friends and I would wake up to the sound of fast paced boot steps above us. I'm not afraid of this stuff but my one friend is totally terrified of it and one night he sobbed for a good hour wanting to go home lolol.

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Stanley about 2 years ago on Halloween - what a wonderful old hotel with a colorful history. We never heard anything except the windows shaking from the wind, but here is the one picture of an orb I got that was certainly not dust.
imageCA67Y8VO.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok I am on the computer so I will try and type fast. lol My personal stories arent toooo many but my mama has 100's that are all my favs to hear over and over again. Let me start with the little I have. First my wedding party/reception wasd being held at my cousins house who he has always said was haunted. We were talking bout it cuz we all are so into that stuff and we were sitting at the bar listening to the bartender friend telling us her story when the blender turned on completely by itself. Yes it is electrical so there is your skeptics "out" BUT there were 4 of us sitting there and it was timed so right that we all jumped. My other cousin (brother of the homeowner) had passed a couple years before so we think it was him messing with us. Totally something he would do. Fast forward to us in our first home, after having Sierra (first born baby). Ever since she came we have had stuff happen, little random things and most you could say are ok, electrical. BUT not all. Toys go off randomly. One was so awful it would go off, then repeat over and over for up to a half hour at a time, back to back to back. ANNOYING! I would get mad at it and tell it to stop. Most the time it happened when Sierra was asleep, like to say "Hey, come and play." We let those batteries die. haha There are more toys but that was the most annoying of them all. lol. The most real thing that has happened tho was back at the same time, when Sierra was under a year. I was getting ready to go somewhere and I had given her a banana in her high chair and pushed her to the bathroom so I could be sure she didnt choke. I was in my bathroom and she was facing me just out the door, in the hallway. Well our master bedroom doorway is right there so my husband who was getting ready in there could see her completely from the side. Anyhow, we were talking and all of a sudden the high chair pushed forward a few inches (maybe 5 or 6). It was clear as day and so obvious. My husband who saw this just kept talking so I leaned around the corner to look at him like "wtf did you not see that?!" He assumed Cutty had somehow pushed her from behind, which he did not. And after rethinking it over and oevr again, there is no way he could push from behind the way th4e chair is, only from the front. THAT was trippy. About a year ago the dishwasher was running and the girls were both eating lunch so we were all in the kitchen. The dishwasher started beeping at me, while running. It was driving me crazy. Couldnt think what it was. Actually I was getting mad to think this new few year old dishwasher was having problems. I opened it, which stopped the cycle, closed it etc... Couldnt figure it out but then after it was done washing and I had emptied and closed it, it started beeping again. Now that it wasnt running I could see what it was doing. The delay wash button was being pushed. You know you can add an hour before the wash starts etc. Well I was watching the number go up with each push, from 1hr to 2 hr to 3 hr. Creepy to be right next to it when that happened. It did happen again that same day, like to confirm. It has never happened since. That was trippy. I always see shadows too. On more than one occasion I have seen the shadow of what I thought was my husband walking into Sierras room. He had been in bed still so I thought, oh daddy is up. Nope, nobody was there. BUT I saw it so much I actually went and looked. I know there are more but that is what I can think of right now.

My sister grew up seeing a little girl sitting in her corner of her room, floating. She does NOT believe in ghosts but you ask her about that girl and she KNOWS she saw it, her whole life mostly. She said she actually saw her within the last 10 years even 1 time. I know I have posted a pic here somewhere with an orb that was my cousin I believe on a camping trip when we saw a bear. Was right above my husband who was in the picture looking at the bear. Let me see if I have that still in photobucket.....
CCF04262011_00000.jpg

My cousin had just died this year and this was the first trip he would have come on with us since his passing so we believe that orb WAS him. Yes you could say this is dust, being that we were camping but having been my whole entire life, you dont catch these types of things in the pictures, seriously ever.

Dont get me started with my mamas stories. Well I will say one thing.... In her family they have always believed that the person who passes can take an ailment of someone living. Well we had taken care of my moms aunt and she passed at the age of almost 92. Before she passed, we knew it was getting close, I asked her to take my mamas migraines. She nodded as if she understood me. My mom has NEVER had one since and this was 15 years ago. She would get them so bad and so often it was heartbreaking. She thanks me for that all the time. Ok I will stop now. I could go on and on.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Man, we could tell enough stories here at my house to be able to fill a book. I guess our craziest one was the one I called pervert. You could be kicked back relaxing in the tub and he'd play with your hair. Stuff would move in a room while you were changing clothes or going to the bathroom. My husband didnt believe any of it until the perv stuck his face to the shower door one night while my hubs was in it. This story about him could go on forever.

I have TONS of ghost stories. I use to help run the site Reneesghost that had Vincent the clown. lol

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! Please continue! I could read these all night...and I know [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] could too. John, why don't you tell us about some of your official ghost hunting trips? When my daughter comes home from college to visit, we get all up under a big fuzzy blanket and sit and watch these nonstop! *cue scary music*

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - what's your mom's most AMAZING story?
[MENTION=4339]jen74401[/MENTION] - tons? Let's hear some!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh gosh...bare with me on my phone... The most known and told would be that my brother (one of twins) was born with a herniated belly button. To the point that the Dr said surgery was needed. Her dad had passed like a month before. She was asleep on the couch at night, had a window in the door to the nursery with a light on. She awoke to the sound of the babies cooing or making happy noises. She saw a shadow of her dad in the window. She knew instantly he fixed the belly button and she went right in and looked. It was an inny. To this day it is a normal belly button. Another more recent.... My moms cousin passed a few years ago. My mom saw her in her room, more than once after. Like just standing there glowing or floating. The house her cousin lived in actually has been renovated by the new owners and they have since met her cousin. My mom has actually had contact with them and they have told her stories of Phyllis being there. Details and all. Can't remember them but these are total strangers to us so that proves something to me anyhow. Her dad was very in touch also. It is in her blood really. She is my step mom and it isn't so much in mine. Or maybe my mind can't handle it so much I figure is why I don't have these experiences. Another story... When my cousin passed some years ago we didn't find or until late morning. I was about to go to school when I found out. In shock I went to school but had to leave. Went to hubbies house (boyfriend at the time) and woke him up. He knew before he opened the door something happened. Turns out he was asleep before this and woke (sort of) to someone sitting on the edge of the bed. You know how you feel the bed sink? He felt that, it woke him and he re remembers saying, "its cool bro, you can sit there." That was it. He didn't at the time think much of it til I came over and her woke up completely. We now believe my cousin was there. Not sure why but that isn't something my husband has ever in his life felt before or after. There are more but can't think clearly now. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh another... My mom and dad were having a heated argument. None of us kids were there and they were in their bedroom with the door closed and locked. My dad had said something ugly to her and all of a sudden the door shook violently. She knew it was her brother (who had passed long before I was around) and instantly told my dad that was Joe and to watch out. All windows in the house were closed. My dad who is Mr science and thinks this is all for crack heads, actually searched the house with his gun, it was that real. He now down plays it but she says his face turned white and really thought someone was in the house.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhh I have a couple of good ones from my childhood, specifically the man that used to stand by my bed. :eek:. Will have to tell them later tonight or tomorrow.

Um...how about now? *waiting* *hand on hips* No pressure though.

This is all I've got.
My cousin is really active in a ghost hunting group in Ohio. I haven't followed it a lot but have it on my Facebook.

Can you share his "best story"? (copy and paste maybe?) :yes:

I love the idea of an EBN Ghost Hunting Team [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] - but when would we get the time with these bullies and their issues???! hahahahaha

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have lots of little things happen around the house, footsteps, things moving in the kitchen when no dogs or people are out there. But here's one that gave me chills when it happened to another person:

My grandfathers brother passed away in the 90's. He and my grandpa used to e-mail eachother back and forth because his brother lived on the coast and we are in NE.
A year or so after he passed away my grandpa got an e-mail from his brothers account with an audiofile attatched to it. The e-mail didn't have any script just the attatchement. When he opened the attatchement it was made by a program where you can type and the computer will put what you type into a voice. It was the really generic robot sounding computer voice because this was in the 90's.
The voice file said "I am watching over you little brother".

My grandma explained it away and said that his brother probably recorded it before he died but seriously...even if that were true, how did it get sent in an e-mail? No one had access to those except him. He didn't have any kids at home or a widow or anything. We all listened to it a bunch of times and I could tell my gpa was thinking that there was a more "supernatural" explanation too!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - I love that Mr. Science Dad was freaked out. Heh heh. Awesome stories, girl! Clearly your family has the gift.

[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] - OMG! I believe. I sure do.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Can you share his "best story"? (copy and paste maybe?) :yes:

She has a website. w ww.paraex.net Although when I tried to go there just now it wasn't working.
She has gone on some ghost hunting things with the TAPS group and is somehow affiliated.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
She has a website. w ww.paraex.net Although when I tried to go there just now it wasn't working.
She has gone on some ghost hunting things with the TAPS group and is somehow affiliated.
Oh yes....you can apply to be part of the "TAPS FAMILY"....

I'm gonna check it out! Thanks for posting! See that [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] ?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Um...how about now? *waiting* *hand on hips* No pressure though. :yes:
Oh geez, I totally forgot. :ashamed:

Ok, here's two.

When I was a kid (about 2nd grade) we lived in an old house in Santa Barbara, CA. We had a German Sheppard at the time too. My sister and I shared a room and we each had our own bunk beds. I loved sleeping on the top. Our bedroom door was always partially closed. I recall waking up in the middle of the night and there would be there man, a tall figure, slender build, wearing a light brown jacket standing to his side at my bedroom door on the outside in the hallway. I froze every time I saw him. One night I awoke and he was standing next to me at my bed (gives me a weird shaking feeling right now typing this). That was on the only night I remember him at my bed. Then the last time I saw him, he was being chased in our house by our German Sheppard. It wasn't a dream. I've always been a vivid dreamer and this was no dream.

Another story, my husband's Mom passed away 2.5 weeks before we got married nearly 11 years ago. Her husband, Gerry, passed 5 years later to the date. For the next year I would get a strong whiff of men's cologne in my kitchen where we live now. He was the stuff HE wore. This happened quite often and always when Mike wasn't around. I would walk in the kitchen it would hit my like a cloud and as I continued to walk I would pass through the smell. Sometimes, not always, the smell would stay for a bit. I felt a presence in a sense. During this same time, my lights hutch in the other room would coming on during the evening hours. Both of these have not happened now for about 4 years. I knew it was Mike's Mom and his Stepfather Gerry. They were wonderful wonderful people.

I have a another one but I'll save it.

Most Reactions