Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Me and my buddy [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] are crazy for ghost hunting. We watch all the shows and - unlike me - John has actually BEEN ghost hunting!

It's time to share your ghosty stories! Have you seen a ghost? What happened? DEETS!

Here's my contribution - lame as it is: After my grandmother died, my grandpa was up visiting from Oregon. He was taking his typical afternoon snooze on the couch in our giant rec room. My mom was behind him, near the sliding glass doors, working on the ironing. All of a sudden, grandpa JUMPS up to a sitting position; clearly something was amiss for him to go from snoring to sitting up looking startled like that. My mother asked him, "What's wrong dad?" My grandpa says, "Don't you see your mother standing there?"

CHILLS! We didn't see her of course - sadly. I would have loved that. *sniff*

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Sorry. The only ghosts I have ever seen are the ones who left the dishes/clothes/gatorade bottles all over the house because my kids swear it wasn't them!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I like watching the shows, but other than that... I got nothin'.

L

Lucy-licious

I have never personally but my Granma did when she was stil with us..God bless her soul :heart:

The story goes that.....around 2 months after my Grandpa died my gran had gone to bed early feeling unwell and a bit dizzy. Shortly after midnight she was woken by something tapping at her window, she got up but no one was there. Thinking it was maybe just the wind or something she went back to bed. Around 2 am she was woken by somebody banging on the door and shouting out her name "Mary, Mary" She went downstairs to the door and out onto the street..no one was there or in sight. When she went back in the house to the kitchen she went to get a cigarette and calm down. as she took the cigarette from the packet she smelled gas. She had left on the burner on the stove, unlit. Obviously she opened windows and doors and turned off the gas.
She believed it was my Grandpa waking her to make sure she didnt blow herself up or die from the fumes :heart:

I am a sceptic in these matters...ironically my Grandpa taught me that "If you cant see it, It isnt there!!" but something woke my Gran up and thankfully she lived to tell us all that Grandpa saved her life :love:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok here are my stories:

I started my own ghost hunting club way back in high school...we spent most of our time investigating an abandoned T.B hospital in Staten Island called Sea View and always came up empty handed.

Fast forward a few years later and I decided to go to the Stanley Hotel in Colorado with a few friends to ski and snowboard. We stayed on the top most floor of the hotel and above us apparently is just a crawl space used for storage. A full sized adult would have to crouch up there and nearly every night around 2AM/3AM my friends and I would wake up to the sound of fast paced boot steps above us. I'm not afraid of this stuff but my one friend is totally terrified of it and one night he sobbed for a good hour wanting to go home lolol.

Sometime thereafter I went on a weekend trip to Gettysburg, PA. They offer ghost hunting tours at night and boy did we catch some crazy stuff. We were at Jenny Wade's house (only civilian causulty of the battle) and her room had a chain link fence going around it. After the tour moved on my gf and I hung back and started asking questions, taking pictures ect...and out of no where the chain link fence started rocking back and forth. There were no breezes in the house and neither myself or gf touched that fence. That pretty much woke us up after that!! At night you arent allowed to go into the battle field but they didnt say anything about sitting right outside the battlefield! So we went and after about and hour of sitting there and keeping our eyes peeled we saw what looked like some one walking with a lantern through the field followed by a loud bang. It wasnt lighting or thunder but sounded instead like cannon fire ( I had a hunch so I youtubed what a civil war cannon sounded like and it was pretty much the same).

We did a spooky tour in Washington D.C and we snapped a photo of a woman with a victorian dress on and what looked like an umbrella. She was transparent and off in the distance but when we showed everyone in the tour the vote was unanimous that it was a women with a victorian stlye dress on! I can get the picture but have to find it on my computer.

I am a big believer in energy and since we are made up of energy and it cannot be created or destroyed sometimes, during episodes of severe tramatic emotions, that energy gets rubbed off or imprinted onto something else ( in this case the battlefiled). Hard to suppress the feeling that 50,000~ men died over a 3 day period on a small battlefield.

That's it for now...hope you guys dont think im nuts! lol

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo out there! Jordan and I loooove that kind of stuff. We watched Ghost Adventures religiously and really wanted to go on one of their public lockdowns but sadly, they were always sold out and then Jordan got sick and we couldn't go anywhere because of the chemo.
Someday we want to rent the little axe murder house in Villisca Iowa with some friends and do our own little lockdown there. Fun eh? Anybody up for an EBN investigation team?! :p

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Will have to wait to answer this til I am on the PC. Love ghost hunter shows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ohhh I have a couple of good ones from my childhood, specifically the man that used to stand by my bed. :eek:. Will have to tell them later tonight or tomorrow.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
This is all I've got.

120207_2.jpg

My cousin is really active in a ghost hunting group in Ohio. I haven't followed it a lot but have it on my Facebook.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I believe in ghosts and spirits and the supernatural in general.
When I was around 12 yo I remember laying down on my bed with my door open, able to look at my little brother's doorway across the hall. He was just a baby at the time, and I saw this apparition, all in white "glide" into his room. I immediately thought it was my dad b/c he owned these white PJ's. When i got up to go to my bro's room, no one was there except my sleeping little brother. My theory has been that it was the spirit of my maternal grandma watching over my brother.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] Pick me Pick me \
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I knew I liked you two for a reason. I love those shows and am a firm believer!!

When I was in the Navy I was stationed at Naval Hospital San Diego. My unit was a in the old surgery suite of the old hospital (basement). The unit was locked with top security clearance. One day myself and a civilian were the only ones on duty (skeleton crew for holidays). We heard foot steps (dress shoes on marble tile that echoed loudly) coming down one of the halls. Again, only entrance was locked and secure and the door was right next to room I was in. The door never opened or shut. I looked out the room I was in to see who it was and no one was there. I looked back in the room and my face must have been white because the civilian knew right away something very strange happened.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
okay here are my stories. My grandfather would babysit me while both my mom and grandma worked. The two of us were so very close!!! He pasted while I was in Junior high school, but while in college he would "visit" me. I went back to college after a divorce and I didn't want to move me kids just so I could go, so I commuted. I drove from the So side of Jacksonville to Gainesville 6 days a week. Leaving extremely early (I had an awesome baby sitter) the whole drive (90 mins) I would get a sensation in my car. You know how kids will put their feet on the back of your seat and push? you get a lumbar pressure sensation. That would happen over and over at times I would zone out during my travels. After a while I would ask....Grandpa, is that you? and it would happen again. So I started talking to him. If I asked a question or directed the need for support for an exam etc....it would happen. I am so convinced it was him. Once I graduated and stopped commuting, it stopped.

Story 2; we moved into a older home soon after graduation. The neighbor next door got their house extremely cheap since there was a suicide in their back yard. Well from the time we moved in, our Belgium Malanois would wake up and go to the top of the stairs and bark, every night at 3:14 am. The kids and I would joke about a ghost. Well one day we were outside at the pool and had the radio on. During our lunch on the patio the radio receiver switched over to the CD player and even switched CD's to a specific one.....NO one was inside!!! We all laughed and said the ghost did it. We are so convinced! Old wives tales state that in the South Spanish moss does not grow on trees in which a spirit lives....guess what? our house is the only house on the block with no Spanish moss in our oaks! all of us have huge Live Oaks and Water Oaks and full of moss, but ours don't!

Story 3: Terri Dad passed away just before we got married. He was not a man of many words an rarely ever called, never visited us, we always went to his house. About a month after he passed, the phone rang in the middle of the night. I woke up and for some reason handed the phone to Terri to answer. All she heard was a "hey" and then white noise. She was sitting straight up and in a blank stare.....I asked her who was it and She said, Leslie, that was my dad! It still gives her chills to talk about it. Funny thing is, it was before we ever saw the movie or knew about white noise. When we told some friends about it, they were freaking out and said...OMG White noise, so of course we had to rent the movie.

I believe and I am not scared.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I was exhausted from work and went to bed early, all of my family was downstairs. I was dreaming about a little girl standing by the side of my bed, but then got the feeling she was there to do me harm, so I woke up and tried to scream for help but I couldn't make a sound, I tried to move but it felt like I was being pinned down! Then suddenly it was over, so I got the heck outta there! Told some coworkers what happened and they said that I had been visited by "The Hag" not sure what the hag is, but it never happened again. Thank fully! I had some weird stuff happen when my dad passed away too, so yeah, I believe in ghosts and since I'm a redneck hick I believe in aliens too! Hahahah!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.