Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    HOLD THE PHONE, JOHN!

I am going to be in WA DC to see my kiddo the week of Mother's Day. Ghost Tour? I AM DOWN FOR THAT!!! PLEASE advise any pertinent deets on this, John! What tour did you go on? Would you go again? Any other suggestions? If there's a reservation to be made for this I surely wanna make it. Me and my kid are both Ghostie Show Watchers so Rhiannon would L-O-V-E going on a WA DC ghost tour! I love that you captured something and I especially love that you freaked two people out! YOU GO MISTER! LOL I know you work koo for cocoapuffs hours so don't worry about the pic for now but DO tell me what/where on this Ghost Tour thing. I am so there. So. There.
    Yup, Washington DC is considered the most haunted city in America, and I would totally do the tour again. It took place down the block from the White House and we basically were led around "Tragedy Square". The guide would stop at locations/homes to tell us stories associated with each. We did not do any investigating per se, it was more historical than anything else. It lasted around 1.5 hours if I remember correctly, and yes, they do require reservations/tickets ahead of time; you can find out more info on their website: http://www.dcghosttours.com/

I enjoyed this tour a lot since the guide was dressed in period clothing and carried around a lantern which really set the mood. I went around Halloween time so it was extra special.

There is a slew of other companies that do different tours in different parts of the city, check hotel lobbies for brochures. I remember seeing one in Maryland that actually let you "hunt" in a cemetary at night, but don't remember the name of it

Best advice I can give is bring a nice point and shoot/DSLR camera and take TONS of pictures, you never know what you might find. I captured the woman towards the center of the park/square and accordingly would take a plethora of pictures focusing on the park area. They do not allow video cameras on the tour.
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 04-30-2013 at 03:37 PM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@BrooklynStar - John, I spoke to my daughter about this tour yesterday on the phone. She knows the guy (Justin) who goes out and gives the tours! hahahahahaha Small damn world, ain't it?
    @bluesteelapd = Lilly Tomlin? Criminy. I'm cooler than her.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Ah well, although I don't doubt your level of coolness (your posts crack me up)...I'm figuring there aren't gonna be too many more times I get an opprotunity to see Lily Tomlin...ya know? It sucks getting older and seeing all your favorite stars aging. Saw a video of Fleetwood Mac the other day and Stevie had on dark sunglasses...figured it had something to do with her eyes, and getting older.
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

@bluesteelepad told me to post my ghost experiences here, So I am lol
    When I was younger, like 15 I lived in this huge white house. Many times I would feel pushed as I was going up and down the stairs. One day while walking down I felt another push on my back, but this time I seen an image of a woman laying face down at the bottom of the stairs with about 5 cats gathering around her. After that I was never pushed again. But she would turn my bath water on for me if I was in the tub. Cold if my water was too hot and hot when my water got cold. One night I was getting ready to go to sleep on the living room floor when the heavy drapes in the picture window, that didnt open, billowed out in the shape of a woman. Another experiences I had was when I was working at the Burger King in L'Anse we had a ghost. One night I was closing and I went to put food away in the walk in freezer I caught a glimps of a mans legs. I looked again and they were gone, so I assumed it had been my imagination. But when I got to the spot he had been standing I could smell mens cologne. The only other person in the restaurant was my manager Chip, and he had been in the office doing computer work for the past 15 minutes. I saw legs again while working one morning in the kitchen. He was always wearing a brown suit. I grew rather fond of him, and would often talk to him. Then one morning I went into the walk in to grab biscuits and such to start the day, and I got this voice yelling at me in my head to get out. So you can bet I hustled my butt outta there. When I got out the opening manager, Theresa said that my ghost was back, I asked why she would say that. (He would go and then come back. Or maybe he was always there, just was inactive sometimes) She replied by saying that right after I went into the freezer she saw someone out of the corner of her eye, walk quickly back there. Keep in mind the store was still closed, doors locked.
    So these are my major experiences, I have had a few little ones here and there. But these are my favorites.
    Psycho Pixie
    In love with my little Eloise M.Wigglebottom

Look me up on facebook https://www.facebook.com/EloiseMWrinklebottom

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPixie View Post
    @bluesteelepad told me to post my ghost experiences here, So I am lol
    Awesome stories! MORE MORE MORE! I would have to say that you are a sensitive. Have you always been so connected to the other side? If you have more stories, you'd better spill em -- or I will drive you crazy with my begging! heh heh What I wonder (as I fantasize about being as connected) is why aren't you afraid? If I saw men's legs in the walk in fridge in a suit, I think I'd kinda freak the frack out. I mean SERIOUSLY!!! How do you keep your cool???

Speaking of @bluesteelapd - where's your ghost hunting story? In the garden thread you seemed to imply........! Spill it sister. Pronto.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@PsychoPixie Those are some seriously cool stories! and I copy Vicaroo's sentiment about how calm, cool, and collected you've been in the presence of these ghosts. Wow! I mean I would've been running for my life as if the devil himself was chasing me. So those are your favorite stores, what are the other ones? Be it big or small, we are an equal opportunity ghost story loving family here, so come on.....
    @Vicaroo1000 well, I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you once again my friend. I think I already posted my stories. About growing up in my cousin's house and feeling his father's presence in certain spots. I think I also mentioned asking for a sign that my dear friend who committed suicide show me a sign that she was with me by playing a particularly (at the time) unknown artist on the radio....

My ex girlfriend's (girlfriend at the time) father passed away and we all went to the funeral and services then came back to her Mom's house. As soon as we walked into the house and her Mom flipped the kitchen light on, they flickered off, then came back on. Little did we know at the time the Mother made a silent pact with her husband that if he was safe on the other side he do something to the electricity in the house. Believe it or not, when my ex's Mom died, the EXACT same thing happened after the funeral!!! Then about a year and a half after her Mom died, Lauren, my ex's sister, was telling me a story about someone who was house sitting for her while her and her family went on vacation. (The same house her parents owned and had the lights flicker in) Lauren's father died on hospice in the big part of the living room area where there was now a pool table. I just found out that the guy house sitting was in that room and the pool balls moved! Freaked him out!!!
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

I just never felt afraid.There arnt many. Once a few buddies took me to an old abandoned house, and we were walking around the out side, laughing and goofing around, and all of a sudden I got this horrible feeling. Something evil. I wanted to just start crying I was so afraid. I ran to the truck and made them promise not to ever go back there. Another time I lived in this upstairs apartment, and it had this huge yard. We lived in the back so we got the view of this huge yard. Well along one side was a small patch of woods between us and the school. I had this odd feeling to look out side, so I glanced out the sliding glass doors, and when I did I seen a monk. In a robe and hood. I couldnt see his face, but I could feel him look at me, as I looked at him. He wasnt nice. A few other things happend here too. I went to put something into my sons room, and the hall light was on so I didn't turn on his light, and I saw something move. I just assumed it was my rabbit, but after coming out of the room I realized that I had given my rabbit away a week earlier due to allergies. Another time Shane's dad was at a friends house, and I was in the bedroom with the door open waiting for him to come home, Shane was a little baby, and asleep in his crib next to the bed. the bed was in front of the door, that opened up into the hallway, that led to the living room, kitchen, dining room and the front door. I heard what I thought was the door, then I heard some noises, then I saw a shadow person walk acrosed the hallway, like he was walking from the kitchen to the living room. Thats when I realized it wasn't my ex at all. So I freaked out, called him and told him someone was in the apartment. He of course took an hour to drive 10 minuets lol But thats a whole other story lol Thats all I can remember right now, If I remember any later I will let you guys know lol
    Psycho Pixie

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I don't care what anybody says. I love this thread. heh heh

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@PsychoPixie Holy cow! Wow those are some freakin awesome stories. I'm literally on the edge of my seat reading them, as if I were watching a ghost show...full attention! Do you think your gifted? Does anyone else in your family have this ability, too? If so, do ya'll ever sit around and talk about it?
    When I was probably 8 my Aunt, Mom, Uncle and Grandmother all sat around telling their ghost stories in the house where we could feel my cousin's father's spirt. I don't think I could sleep that night. I've never seen anything as a child or an adult. As a child I would feel my cousin's father's spirt (we called him Granddaddy Barfield - long story) but I never saw it. As an adult I only "get feelings" about people that are alive and that I have a somewhat deep connection with. My Dad (even though I am not emotionally close to him) and for some odd reason, sometimes my student advisor at school. My Mom gets these "feelings" regarding my Dad, too. We'll be going through a regular day and all of a sudden this deep, almost sad feeling will come over us and we both immediately think..."Walter" (my Mom would say) and "Dad" (I would say). And my Mom lives in Georgia and I live in NJ. Distance doesn't matter.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Bulldog(s) Names
    Eloise M.Wigglebottom
    Likes (Received)

My family has special talents. My Aunt Linda will have a dream your pregnant before even you know. My moms great grandpa was amazingly gifted. He could find people who were lost. Knew where his children were even when they wernt where they were supposed to be lol
    I have only told a few people about this, because I have no control over it, but I have dreams that come true sometimes. I dreamt that a friend of mine and I visited a girl we know while she was working in a bakery, a week later she told me that she had gotten a job in a bakery. Another time I had a dream that she was with a guy in our group of friends, a few days later she came out and told me they were seeing each other. I had a dream that me and my boyfriends buddy Matt was arrested for trying to break into a church, the next morning I told my boyfriend about my dream, 15 minutes later Matt's mom called Ryan to tell him that he had been arrested because he had seen the lights on in the church he had grown up in, but the door was locked so he left. Cops stopped him to ask him, and then found out he had weapons on him. And then the latest, and the one that has made me go looking for someone to mentor me, and teach me more on this. I had a dream that my boyfriend got a hold of a girl on facebook messenger on his phone asking for this girl he knews number. The message was "Hey Jenn, do you know Megan's number?" A few days later I found out he added this girl on facebook. (She caused him alot of problems, and was nothing but trouble) So it caused us to fight, so I thought that's what the dream was about. I asked my boyfriend if they had a mutual friend named Jenn. He said her sister, who had killed herself a few years ago was named Jenn. Ok, creepy right? Then the next day I get a text from my boyfriend saying that the girl Megan was dead. Her obituary was in the paper that morning. I of course freaked out lol I had assumed my dream was him asking for her phone number, not hey, her number is up kinda thing.
    I have been talking to my Aunt Julie about this, and everything. She is a Wiccan, and agrees that I should find someone who can help me understand this more. Growing up in the family I have, It's not to freaky. My grandma had something similar I've heard. My mom used to be able to look at photos of houses and tell if they were good or bad. My Aunt Julie used to wake up speaking French, and she dosent know French lol
    My mom likes to tell how I used to see a "Funny man" when I was like 3 and 4. I suppose I could have some sort of gift. I heard that sensitives affect electronics, and I am going on my ninth cell phone in less then 3 years. They all end up screwy. My new laptop the school gave me my first semester (I just finished my second) is acting up, and the laptop my bf gave me, that worked just fine when he had it, started acting up the day after he gave it to me.
    lol Sorry this is so long. Hope you all don't think I'm nutso now lol
    Psycho Pixie

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@PsychoPixie, I know what you mean about sensing an unexplainable fear. When you are around something evil it chills you to the bone. I have a fear of moving into a house that has "baggage." My daughter told me when she moved into her apartment that the light pull in the closet would start swinging by itself. They would hear the clicking of the pull as it rotated. She also said that my grandson, who was 2 at the time, would stare past her at something on the wall. She watched him follow a path up the wall with his eyes one evening and asked him what he was seeing. He said "baby." He was smiling at whatever he saw. We contacted a paranormal investigating team. The woman who responded to us told us that it didn't sound like a dangerous entity so we let it drop. I am not comfortable in her apartment and would never sleep there.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@PsychoPixie Super duper cool stuff! Thanks for sharing with us. You are certainly gifted. Wow.
    @ChrisRN that is a crazy story about the light pull swinging! Has your daughter had any other experiences?
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Remove Ads