Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Super cool story, Kazz! The pictures are really cool, too. I love to look at old pubs, there's so much rich history there in the UK.
    I love Eddie Izzards joke about American history vs UK history..In America we say "And we restored it to the way it looked over 50 years ago" - LMAO

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    That's a very cool story, Karen. I love the pub pics too. How old is this pub and is it still being used as a B and B or just a pub? would love to visit there one of these days. Are you still delving into fortune telling/tarot card reading?
    Driffield itself seems to date around the 11th century but the Buck is not THAT old so I'm thinking it must have been built sometime in the late 1800s. I've no idea if it's still used as a Bed & Breakfast. It had all the rooms upstairs so it would seem silly not to, and on our living area level there was a massive dining room that you could serve meals in. But who knows!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    Super cool story, Kazz! The pictures are really cool, too. I love to look at old pubs, there's so much rich history there in the UK.
    I love Eddie Izzards joke about American history vs UK history..In America we say "And we restored it to the way it looked over 50 years ago" - LMAO

I Eddie Izzard!!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Awesome story @kazzy220. How in the world you kept from bugging the crap out of that nice German girl about her abilities, I'll never know! She would have quit from being pelleted with questions night and day from me. I so admire those folks with those kind of abilities. And you? You knew about the girl too. Clearly you have some abilities as well. Your life story sounds like something right out of a book! I am fascinated with that stuff and the histories behind those places. There's a channel on YouTube that I watch religiously that often features English Pubs and their nighttime patrons from the OTHER WORLD...! *cue scary music* American History cannot hold a candle to what they've got going on back there. Yes, Great point @bluesteelapd

I used to love that English show -- with Derek the psychic? What was that called? Oh yeah: MOST HAUNTED. What ever happened to that lot, I wonder? I believe I read something about Derek being exposed as a big phony and I didn't want to believe it. I've seen a couple of the cast on other shows but what ever happened to Yvonne, I wonder? *rhetorical* If anyone has any insight DO advise!
    @cali baker; I suppose you get used to living next to a cemetery over time, but with my poor eyesight and penchant for ghosties, I'd have had a hard time NOT watching for something to happen...

Oh and Wait a sec. I LOVE EDDIE IZZARD TOO you guys! *swoon*
    @BrooklynStar - John, you really must favor us with a recent experience. I think you're the only guy here that actually has some professional equipment in this regard....!

EDITED to add: I was deperate and decided to watch anther lameo episode of John Zaffis and crew and who do you suppose showed up on the episode? My favorite psychic CHIP COFFEE! (From Ryan Buell's show) If you ever want a giggle, you check out his website. Those scarves he's always wearing? He sells them.
    Last edited by Vicaroo1000; 04-27-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 Chip Coffee is sooooo gay (disclaimer: again, I say this without prejudice, as I am, too) What in the world was he doing on Haunted Collector? Really Chip? stooping to that level? Must be desperate because he's not getting the "$500 for 30 minutes of my time" psychic readings?

Did you hear about Ryan's health issues?

I *love* that you not only know of Eddie Izzard but you enjoy his comedy, too! I must ask, did you ever watch Absolutely Fabulous? (always had a bit of a crazy, makes no sense crush on Jennifer Saunders)

And boy did the memories come flooding back when you mentioned Most Haunted. I used to really like that show but also heard about the Derek rumors, as well.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Ok ya'll...yesterday I was inducted into Alpha Beta Gamma, a business club that has high standards in order to get accepted into.

I was trying to take pictures with my cell phone and lookie lookie....tell me what you see...

Last edited by bluesteelapd; 04-28-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Ok ya'll...yesterday I was inducted into Alpha Beta Gamma, a business club that has high standards in order to get accepted into.

I was trying to take pictures with my cell phone and lookie lookie....tell me what you see...

OOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo ..............

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 Chip Coffee is sooooo gay (disclaimer: again, I say this without prejudice, as I am, too) What in the world was he doing on Haunted Collector? Really Chip? stooping to that level? Must be desperate because he's not getting the "$500 for 30 minutes of my time" psychic readings?

Did you hear about Ryan's health issues?

I *love* that you not only know of Eddie Izzard but you enjoy his comedy, too! I must ask, did you ever watch Absolutely Fabulous? (always had a bit of a crazy, makes no sense crush on Jennifer Saunders)

And boy did the memories come flooding back when you mentioned Most Haunted. I used to really like that show but also heard about the Derek rumors, as well.
    Chips "Pschic Kids" show was sometimes pretty good, I thought. Way better than Zaffis and his Crew of Knuckleheads. I love love love how gay Chip is. Grandma has a crush on him, I think. Every time he comes on the screen, she says, "Oooooooooo it's Chip!", like our favorite relative has returned for a visit. As for his appearance on Haunted Collector, Chip was really quite "understated" in his assessment of the paranormal presence at the site they were investigating. Very "un-Chip", I thought. Me and my daughter have this joke between us that probably baffles anyone within earshot. Every so often, the perfect situation will present itself and we'll quote our favorite Chip line - just as Chip said it -- of all time: "There's something out there. And it kills." This is always followed by gales of laughter.

As far as Ryan, I don't know the deets - my daughter and I have discussed that show ad nauseum - and I'm sure she's told me what's wrong with him...but I can't remember now. The "dirt" was that Ryan was a pompous *** in real life and that kind of thing turned me off to him. I always liked the chubby (OK. Fat.) guy in his crew. I always thought he'd be great for his own show and he had one for a minute and it didn't seem to stay on the air, did it?

And for the record, I was an Ab Fab fan way way way back when Saffi was in middle school. heh heh Although I didn't know it at the time, I think Patsy was my role model in my early twenties. I didn't have the beehive hair but I certainly had the substance abuse problem.

I AM THIN AND GORGEOUS!

- - - Updated - - -

What? Orbs?

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Vicaroo1000 Sadly, I have not gone on any ghost hunting adventures as of late. If and when I do go, it's to Greenwood Cemetary with my SB-7 Spirit Box because it's really the best device I have, and the best one for contacting spirits IMO. A few years ago I went to Washington D.C and they had a Ghost Hunt walking tour. As I was snapping photographs I swear that I captured a woman in an old victorian dress with an umbrella. I remember seeing her in the photo after I took it and practically stopped the tour to show everyone. Most people couldn't believe it and one couple even left the tour because they were freaked out. I have to look for it on my computer though, since it's likely buried in my 4000+ photo folder. I work insane hours as a cop, so I will do my best to find and upload it sometime this week.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    And that is why I don't like Ghost Adventures!
    Me either. Also, it is annoying when they are cussing up a storm and all you hear is: WHat the [Bleep] just happened? That [bleep] with my mind! [bleep] [bleep] gave me the shivers! [bleep], get the [bleep] outta here! Really???

Also, Celebrity ghost stories has some really good ones too.
    I do like the My Ghost Story: Caught on camera ones...some of that stuff is really scary!

Ok, as usual I am late to the party.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 Sadly, I have not gone on any ghost hunting adventures as of late. If and when I do go, it's to Greenwood Cemetary with my SB-7 Spirit Box because it's really the best device I have, and the best one for contacting spirits IMO. A few years ago I went to Washington D.C and they had a Ghost Hunt walking tour. As I was snapping photographs I swear that I captured a woman in an old victorian dress with an umbrella. I remember seeing her in the photo after I took it and practically stopped the tour to show everyone. Most people couldn't believe it and one couple even left the tour because they were freaked out. I have to look for it on my computer though, since it's likely buried in my 4000+ photo folder. I work insane hours as a cop, so I will do my best to find and upload it sometime this week.
    HOLD THE PHONE, JOHN!

I am going to be in WA DC to see my kiddo the week of Mother's Day. Ghost Tour? I AM DOWN FOR THAT!!! PLEASE advise any pertinent deets on this, John! What tour did you go on? Would you go again? Any other suggestions? If there's a reservation to be made for this I surely wanna make it. Me and my kid are both Ghostie Show Watchers so Rhiannon would L-O-V-E going on a WA DC ghost tour! I love that you captured something and I especially love that you freaked two people out! YOU GO MISTER! LOL I know you work koo for cocoapuffs hours so don't worry about the pic for now but DO tell me what/where on this Ghost Tour thing. I am so there. So. There.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Awe @Vicaroo1000 would've been nice to have another 1/2 bully meet up with you, if you wanted, in DC, but we'll be in Gettysburg for Lily Tomlin's show...
    Last edited by bluesteelapd; 04-30-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Valentine215 Late is better than not showing up, right? I can't stand all that damn beeping, either. You can't hear what they are saying because they have to beep so much. ARG
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Remove Ads