Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

@ChrisRN due to the fact that I'm probably distant kin to those guys, I was too embarrassed to mention this new show. I thought the show was stupid, after only watching a few minutes of it.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    I've gotten to know my college student advisor since I started this journey the fall of 2011. Why am I just finding out yesterday that her and her boyfriend have a spirit box and a K2 meter? I mean, hello! I can't wait to hear her stories and when I do I will transport them here.
    @Vicaroo1000 you make me laugh so much. As many ghost stories as I've seen I never thought about how silly it is when the story tellers eyes get huge and they talk about getting the heck outta dodge ... and that's the ghost "hunters". I enjoy reading your posts.
    PAH-LEEEZE don't forget to indulge your favorite EB Friends here with these tales!

If I were "single and looking" (I'm single and could give a rat's...for the record) I am certain I would add "must have Spirit Box and K2 meter" to my online E-Harmony profile. (Wait. Not eHarmony. Did you know they don't allow same sex advertisements? Screw them.)

This observation is not original with me, but why do the majority the folks in these amateur paranormal groups seem to be extremely overweight? WTF is going on with these folks? Watch an episode of "My Ghost Story - Caught On Camera" and tell me that's not true.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    I was watching a new show about ghost hunters in the southern United States. I think it's funny when ghost hunters say "is it you?" Maybe it's just me, but if I were a ghost I'd have to say "no" just to freak them out.
    I saw that one too. "Deep South Paranormal". Against my better judgement, I tuned in to what was clearly an exercise in futility for me. I didn't make it thru the whole show. It seems to be an attempt at combining the high-culture of "Honey Boo Boo" with the down home familiarity of those Duck Caller guys. I hated it immediately.

Maybe I'm a Ghost Show Snob?

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 There you go again, making me chuckle with your new requirements on who you'll date, if that day ever comes.
    I did not know that about eharmony! I met my partner, however, through Yahoo personals. My ex insisted I place an ad there and what caught L's attention was that I'm an Ab Fab junkie. Anyway, I digress.

I actually got a $10 parking ticket at school for parking for an hour in the 20 min spot because my advisor and I were talking so much. The only story she got to tell me was this:

(She has a boxer and 2 BT's) the boxer has gone in the basement before, but never without them being there already or going down there with them. Jaime, my advisor, and her boyfriend were downstairs with the spirit box and K2 meter and weren't picking up anything. Then all of a sudden they hear "bubby" through the box. They take a break, head upstairs, get something to eat and before heading back down they look at each other and ask where's bubby? They go downstairs and he is in the room in the basement where they heard his name!

I promise I'll share more stories when I get them.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 You're on a roll today! LMFAO about the "high culture of Honey Boo-Boo" - a show also filmed in my home state...
    Now I do love Duck Dynasty or DD as its known in fan circles....but that Deep South Paranormal show was a joke. Perhaps we are becoming ghost show snobs....although I did the opposite of you, I enjoyed Ghost Adventures and then got turned off by it and now don't watch it at all. Now if Zack et al would bring back that machine (not the spirit box) that speaks one word comments...can't remember the name of it... I'd watch non-stop. Not many ghost hunters seem to use that, or is it that I only watch one or two specific shows?

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@bluesteelapd - I can't remember the name of that thing. @BrooklynStar? John will know.

I don't think they use that thing as much because the uninitiated think its phoney baloney. The part about the use of that thing -- its scans "white noise" radio waves, right? -- is the user (Zac) trying to make what's being said FIT to the place where they're ghost hunting. Example:

Ghost tool - "BLUE"
    Zac - "BLUE! IT SAID BLUE!" (he continues) "Is that you, Mrs. Dearmore, telling us about your blue wedding dress and how it made you sad that you were not buried in it like you'd written in your will?"

Crap like that pisses me off.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    @bluesteelapd - I can't remember the name of that thing. @BrooklynStar? John will know.

I don't think they use that thing as much because the uninitiated think its phoney baloney. The part about the use of that thing -- its scans "white noise" radio waves, right? -- is the user (Zac) trying to make what's being said FIT to the place where they're ghost hunting. Example:

Ghost tool - "BLUE"
    Zac - "BLUE! IT SAID BLUE!" (he continues) "Is that you, Mrs. Dearmore, telling us about your blue wedding dress and how it made you sad that you were not buried in it like you'd written in your will?"

Crap like that pisses me off.
    And that is why I don't like Ghost Adventures!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Too funny about that Paranormal Deep South show b/c I have it on right now and was going to ask you guys your opinions. Well, now that I have your thoughts...i'm turning it off b/c this show is borrrrring me!!!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The onslaught of ever newer "Ghostie Shows" (I call them) prove to me that I'm not the only one obsessed with the paranormal. That "Haunted Collector" show is pretty lame. I wish it weren't...the idea itself is great but the execution blows. Ghost Adventures used to be my least favorite -- now it's my #1. That and Long Island Medium. Did anyone watch "Ghost Mine"? Are there any of the new shows worth watching?

Have you or anyone watched the show "Stranded" on the Syfy channel? Saw one episode so far and it's okay. A group of people stay in a house, penitentiary, hospital, etc...that is thought to be haunted. I can't seem to get enough of these "ghost" shows!

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Have you or anyone watched the show "Stranded" on the Syfy channel? Saw one episode so far and it's okay. A group of people stay in a house, penitentiary, hospital, etc...that is thought to be haunted. I can't seem to get enough of these "ghost" shows!
    I watch so little TV (just the DVR) that I haven't seen the trailers for this one. I'm DVR-ing it and will check it out. Like you, I love me some ghosties!!!!

Hopefully, it's not just a lotta shaky cam and people saying "Did you hear that?" or "What was THAT?" over and over. Or worse, "We gotta get outta here!" because we all go ghost hunting so we can NOT SEE anything....roflmao

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 Once again you crack me up!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hopefully, it's not just a lotta shaky cam and people saying "Did you hear that?" or "What was THAT?" over and over. Or worse, "We gotta get outta here!" because we all go ghost hunting so we can NOT SEE anything....roflmao
    Unfortunately, that IS exactly what this show is like! Tried watching a bit of it yesterday but then got soooo bored and annoyed w/the whiners. Back to searching for a "high quality ghostie" show!

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Remove Ads