Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

@Valentine215 More stories, I'm on the edge of my seat over here!

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I ahvent seen a ghost but I often feel a presence around me, hopefully it is my Mum as it has only been since she died and the day of her funeral we started smelling as if someone was smoking in our house and neither of us smoke and my mum was a heavy smoker but had given them up reluctenly by doctors orders 10 years before but she said she really enjoyed her smoking and wasn't too happy about giving up anyone every now and again we get the smoke smell and Richard says he will be driving along and it is as if someone is in the passenger seat smoking I also on occasions have smelt the dreadful smell from the hostpital the night my mum passed and I have had a few other things happen in the house and our house is not an old house and noone has died in it.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

All good stories here! Ok here are some more:

When I was 9 my grandmother came over to stay the night. She always slept with me when she stayed over. This particular time, my grandmother had come for the weekend and all my dad's sibling were over because she had told them she had Pancreatic Cancer and they were discussing the possible scenarios and outcomes and preparing themselves for the worst. So, its late by this time and Grandma and I had gone to bed and the rest were in the den when one of my uncles decides to go to the bathroom. So just as he is exiting my father sees a bright flash and all of the sudden there is a man standing in the hallway in front of the bathroom door, which my uncle is stepping out of. So my dad and uncle see this man, whom they realize is my grandfather who had passed 15 years previous. My grandfather looks straight at my Uncle and then turns towards my bedroom. About this time, I am suddenly wide awake and I see that my bedroom door is open (it had been previously closed) and there is this man looking in---kind of like checking in on us. I didn't recognize him at first--my grandfather passed away before I was born so I never knew him except through pictures---and then suddenly I recognized him and he smiled at me! Next thing is my uncle and dad are barging the door and the man disappeared and they were asking me and my grandmother (who had been asleep) if we were okay. Daddy and Uncle Cosme were freaked out by that. They claimed that their Dad was coming to take their mother. Weird but true story.

Although I am interested in all the ghost hunter stories and shows, I don't know if I would ever get involved in an investigation. Sometimes ghosts don't attach themselves to places, they attach to people and it can be hard to get rid of them.

I seem to have attracted the ghost of a girl, about 14-15. I have no idea who she is, but she always walks around the perimeter of wherever I am living...she walks the fence line or whatever. Again, I have no idea who she is or why she follows me, but I only ever see her at a distance.

In my former house, I was standing talking to my now ex-husband when my bulldog Samson, started barking at the wall....all the hair on his back was standing up and he ran over to the wall and jumped on it...it was like he wanted to climb the wall! I looked up where the wall met the ceiling and there was this mist or something...it was the weirdest thing! Samson was might ticked at it...I looked at my ex and said: do you see that? he said no. The mist dissipated and Samson calmed down. I know Samson could see things because he would start growling and barking at walls or empty space sometimes and those spots were always REALLY cold. Dogs (animals in general) are really tuned into that sorta stuff.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree about dogs, Alix. Just last night, Mabel was fixated on something that I couldn't see. I couldn't distract her. We were a bit spooked.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@Valentine215 - Have you thought of asking the 14 - 15 year old girl what she wants? I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS! LOLOLOLOLOL

Great stories everyone!

Maybe my ol' pal @BrooklynStar will return and favor us with a recent experience on his ghost hunting. John?!

The onslaught of ever newer "Ghostie Shows" (I call them) prove to me that I'm not the only one obsessed with the paranormal. That "Haunted Collector" show is pretty lame. I wish it weren't...the idea itself is great but the execution blows. Ghost Adventures used to be my least favorite -- now it's my #1. That and Long Island Medium. Did anyone watch "Ghost Mine"? Are there any of the new shows worth watching?

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I really enjoy most of the shows, but especially like My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera. Although I have to say some of their evidence is weak at times.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@ChrisRN I totally agree with "My Ghost story" and there's another one...(thinking)....Paranormal Witness and the one where the psychic lady does readings for famous people...I can't come up with the name. She did a walk through with Gina Gershon (swoon, swoon) and some other celebrities but this lady is the real deal. I know ya'll have mentioned Dead Files - that's my all time favorite, along with Theresa aka Long Island Medium.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    I agree about dogs, Alix. Just last night, Mabel was fixated on something that I couldn't see. I couldn't distract her. We were a bit spooked.
    I know! Petunia does that sometimes too...and the fact that there are orbs around her in pics half the time always has me wondering!
    @Vicaroo1000 - you know, it never did occur to me to ask her...haven't seen her in ages though so maybe she is in a better place now.

Sadly, I don't know of any shows worth watching...I still need to watch Long Island Medium. I like her!

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    @Valentine215 - Have you thought of asking the 14 - 15 year old girl what she wants? I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS! LOLOLOLOLOL

Great stories everyone!

Maybe my ol' pal @BrooklynStar will return and favor us with a recent experience on his ghost hunting. John?!

The onslaught of ever newer "Ghostie Shows" (I call them) prove to me that I'm not the only one obsessed with the paranormal. That "Haunted Collector" show is pretty lame. I wish it weren't...the idea itself is great but the execution blows. Ghost Adventures used to be my least favorite -- now it's my #1. That and Long Island Medium. Did anyone watch "Ghost Mine"? Are there any of the new shows worth watching?
    I'm still here - I just end up lurking more than I should

Well, well, well...you used to hate Zak and the boys and now you like them the most? Hehe, good to hear you are still into the paranmoral, and I agee, a lot of shows are just crap these days. Haunted Collector is a letdown and Ghost Lab too - although both have 'neat' concepts. I am eagerly awaiting 'Haunted Highway' to return - whenever that happens.

I have gone ghost hunting recently. My friend and I once again went to Greenwood Cemtery in Brooklyn, NY. We parked outside and I asked questions into the SB-7 Spirit Box, after about 20 minutes we only recieved one response:

Me: How did you die?
    Female Spirit: In a fire

Pretty creepy to say the least.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@BrooklynStar - SO AWESOME TO SEE YOU!!!

I know. I know. The quality of the Ghost Adventures crew's history lessons (on the site being visited) and paranormal "evidence" is by far superior to anything else on now. In desperation, I ended up watching a couple Haunted Collectors the other day on on-demand, and I stopped watching midway thru the second episode. I scolded myself for being so hopeful and vowed never again to watch those idiots. You'd think that since John Zaffis has been "helping people with the paranormal for 40 years", he'd have some genuinely interesting stories to tell --- even if they were retold stuff from these amazing 40 flippin' years he's been doing this. Ugh. The daughter and the son annoy me the most. Talentless, uninteresting dolts. The "pretty face" of the show asks THE MOST STUPID QUESTIONS when she's doing EVP sessions. That's what sent me over the edge the other day when I tried to watch. I think I actually yelled at the TV.

Another one I will frequently watch (again, desperate measures) are "Ghost Stories - Caught on Camera". I'm always amazed when, each and every episode, these "ghost hunters" actually profess to SEE/HEAR an entity and say, "I had to get out of there!" I want to shake them. Hold them by the shoulders and scream into their big-eyed faces, "ARE YOU GHOST HUNTING SO YOU CAN NOT SEE THEM?" WTF?!!!!!?

OK. THAT was a rant. lol

Dozer looks awesome by the way, John.

Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

I've gotten to know my college student advisor since I started this journey the fall of 2011. Why am I just finding out yesterday that her and her boyfriend have a spirit box and a K2 meter? I mean, hello! I can't wait to hear her stories and when I do I will transport them here.
    @Vicaroo1000 you make me laugh so much. As many ghost stories as I've seen I never thought about how silly it is when the story tellers eyes get huge and they talk about getting the heck outta dodge ... and that's the ghost "hunters". I enjoy reading your posts.

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was watching a new show about ghost hunters in the southern United States. I think it's funny when ghost hunters say "is it you?" Maybe it's just me, but if I were a ghost I'd have to say "no" just to freak them out.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Remove Ads