Police Officer Shows Up at Wrong House, Kills Homeowners' Dog

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-...sco-responding/story?id=16150874#.T42YbKva7Su

An Austin man is fuming over what he says was the unjust killing of his dog by a police officer who arrived at his house by mistake.

Michael Paxton was playing Frisbee with his 50-pound Australian cattle dog Cisco last Saturday, when officer Thomas Griffin, responding to a call about a domestic disturbance, showed up outside his East Fifth Street home.

Paxton, who had walked over to his driveway to get something from his truck, says Griffin drew his weapon as soon as he noticed him.

"He had a Taser. He had pepper spray. I don't understand why, in broad daylight, he pulled a gun on me. I wasn't running. I wasn't hiding," Paxton told ABC News. "I was just saying, 'I live here.' I was panicking. I was afraid for my life."

Just then, Cisco came running from the backyard, barking and charging in the direction of the officer. "I said, 'Don't shoot him. Don't shoot my dog. He won't bite you'," Paxton recalled. "But he shot him, just like that. It all happened in under 30 seconds."

Adding insult to injury, it seems Griffin had the wrong address: The domestic disturbance report came from next door.

At a news conference held yesterday, Sgt. David Daniels said Griffin felt threatened by Cisco, and was "basically in retreat when he fired." Added Cpl. Anthony Hipolito: "[Paxton] was unable to [restrain Cisco] and the dog continued to attack and that's when the officer discharged his firearm."

Griffin said an Austin Police Department supervisor apologized to Paxton, and Hipolito claims Griffin apologized at the scene, but Paxton denies this. Friends of the 40-year-old, who said he was "in shock for probably almost 24 hours," have set up a Facebook page called "Justice for Cisco," which, at the time of writing, has over 40,000 followers.

http://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCisco

UPDATE: Here's a link to the police dashboard video of the incident. Watch, listen, and judge for yourself.

http://www.statesman.com/news/apd-dashboard-video-of-dog-shooting-2310600.html

OP
Poppy

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
This just breaks my heart. After the shooting the cop blames the man for not restraining his dog and having him on a leash. Well that's sort of hard to do when a gun is pointed at you, and let's not forget this man was standing on his own property! What has this world come to.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is just too awful!!! This seems to be happening more often ... or am I just noticing it more ..... :cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That poor man, he had to watch his dog be shot right in front of him and then the officer had the gall to yell at the man for not restraining his dog!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Some one needs to retake their community policing class at the academy! This video angered me greatly!!!!

Last edited:
OP
Poppy

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
I couldn't watch the video, I just read the descriptions because I knew it would upset me too much.

No he hasn't been fired yet! They were covering their asses saying it was self defense. Little did they know social media has really rallied behind this man and major news sources are now picking it up. I hope in Cisco's memory something good comes out of this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online