Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gardening

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gardening

Our worst pests a rabbits....... grrrrr..... Lari bought a new spray for them yesterday and sprayed this morning already.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Our worst pests a rabbits....... grrrrr..... Lari bought a new spray for them yesterday and sprayed this morning already.
    RABBITS? Once again, I am jealous. I live in the city. So when a Pilated Woodpecker flies over I go into a dither. Seeing wildlife in my yard is better than....well, most anything.

If I had @JAKEISGREAT 's fox and your rabbits, they'd cancel out each other and keep everyone under control and I'd have more ZOO!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    RABBITS? Once again, I am jealous. I live in the city. So when a Pilated Woodpecker flies over I go into a dither. Seeing wildlife in my yard is better than....well, most anything.

If I had @JAKEISGREAT 's fox and your rabbits, they'd cancel out each other and keep everyone under control and I'd have more ZOO!

We live right in the city as well. We also have chipmunks, raccoons, coopers hawks and lots of other animals/birds. Deer too but we don't usually see them in our neighborhood..... need to go about 15 blocks for deer.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

A Wild Turkey was in our backyard one winter. We didn't actually see it, a neighbor told us. And it's footprints in the snow were huge. Spanned almost bigger than my hand.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

A Wild Turkey was in our backyard one winter. We didn't actually see it, a neighbor told us. And it's footprints in the snow were huge. Spanned almost bigger than my hand.

@Vicaroo1000 i thought you would enjoy seeing this photo bucket slideshow of our gardens last year. http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow
    There will be major changes in the back this year when we are finished. But the front "structure" is the same. I've planted a bunch of creeping phlox plants and many of the perrienials have really grown in this year, so it's a little different.

I think Bruce plans to start another thread with back yard changes soon, but for now he's just too pooped to do it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@BruceP

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post

@Vicaroo1000 i thought you would enjoy seeing this photo bucket slideshow of our gardens last year. http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow
    There will be major changes in the back this year when we are finished. But the front "structure" is the same. I've planted a bunch of creeping phlox plants and many of the perrienials have really grown in this year, so it's a little different.

I think Bruce plans to start another thread with back yard changes soon, but for now he's just too pooped to do it.
    I NEVER tire of looking at gardens....my own or other folks'; don't matter! ha ha Thank you for that visual treat. I can see you have put a WHOLE LOTTA work into that yard. Formal garden structures like the compass and the front ovals take WORK to maintain. And a lot of it! @BruceP - that pond is a dream come true!

I have a big purple clematis like yours and I thought I lost it this winter....yesterday, I was giving things haircuts and WHA-LA; life on the vine. Tiny life - but life nonetheless. I'm delighted because I inherited that plant with the property. It came up one year out of the blue - what a fun surprise that was. I love the rose too. What one is that (name)? I lost my favorite rose last year; "Mr. Lincoln". On the happy side, my three other clematis are just about ready to POP flowers open. I'll be sure to take some action shots. I'm sure we're not the only clematis fans on this thread! Thank you for sharing that awesome, awesome slide show. Brilliant!

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    We had squash bugs last year...totally killed off most of my pumpkin plants!
    That soapy water should work for those guys too. Don't let them take your punkins!

@JAKEISGREAT - my sister had a fox that used to visit her yard. She also used to have ducks. You get the picture there. Nature is beautiful -- but so CRUEL sometimes. I simply adore animals and sincerely prefer them in any form to humans - but I cannot watch those Nat Geo shows where lions eat zebras, etc. I just can't. In my special mind, everyone's vegan.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    @BruceP

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!
    I am just the grunt here... She Who Must Be Obeyed tells me where to dig and I dig..
    Not really, we plan a lot of this together but when it comes to the actual plantings and what to plant where, it's all Lari.
    Wait til you see our new tiered "Lighthouse Garden' that we just finished.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    That soapy water should work for those guys too. Don't let them take your punkins!

@JAKEISGREAT - my sister had a fox that used to visit her yard. She also used to have ducks. You get the picture there. Nature is beautiful -- but so CRUEL sometimes. I simply adore animals and sincerely prefer them in any form to humans - but I cannot watch those Nat Geo shows where lions eat zebras, etc. I just can't. In my special mind, everyone's vegan.
    Me Either!! I can't even watch the commercials....even though I know they won't show anything...and oh my...I change the channel when the ASPCA commercials comes on with that song...and those poor pitiful babies.. give me animals over humans..any day!

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

OK Garden Thread fans.... I got creative and took some pics yesterday to make a cool slideshow like @LariP and @BruceP made.

Tagging you too... I know you wouldn't want to miss this @MamaAndi

Enjoy. It's a very short tour. I could have took snaps all afternoon of closeups of flowers. hahahahahahahaha

http://youtu.be/wBKrncSgqxI

Oh...and apologies. Sorry for the slides with the super quick captions. I've never done this before ---- and I've certainly learned something.....! If you like to read, keep your finger on the pause button for a few of the slides......Sorry!
    Last edited by Vicaroo1000; 05-16-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

That is a lovely slideshow Vic. Thanks for sharing. When you add toit let me know and I'll come back and watch again and again.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads