American Idol or The Voice?

Which show do you like better, The Voice or American Idol?

• American Idol

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • The Voice

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If you watch TV shows like American Idol or The Voice each season, which is your favorite?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have watched American Idol since it began. I really used to love this show. But lately.... I don't know. Just is not what it used to be. Hate to say it but it is too mushy mushy now and it is certainly lacking in the "Simon" department. Compared to the theatrics and coaching of "The Voice", I am hardly watching American Idol this season.

To top it off, The Voice even made the results show even more interesting with the bottom 3 from each team having to perform one last time for their coaches to stay in the competition.

I would say the only thing the Voice is lacking is Ryan Seacrest :)

Oh, did I mention that I am a huge Maroon 5 fan? :D

I probably would not have even watched it to start if Adam was not on it, but now even if he was not, it is still the better show!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have only watched The Voice a couple of times but am a true Idol fan. I agree with Lisa that Idol is not the same without Simon. If Randy Jackson left, I don't know!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I actually watch both but Love the Voice..Love Adam/Maroon 5...I really like that they base it at first on voice and not looks.

C

Cooper11

Okay Girls Adam is my man!!! Back OFF!!!! :drool:

Funny Lisa I am opposite of you. I loved the voice and I just recently started watching American Idol in the last couple of years. I loved the Voice last season but for some reason this season I don't think is as good. I find a lot of the contestant do not sound very good especially compared to American Idol. Half the time on the voice I can hear or understand what the heck they are singing. I watch both still though! O and again Leave my man alone!!! We are an item!!!! Adam Adam Adam :drool: :heart:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

O and I still have my favorite episode of last season of the voice in my DVR and I watch it quite often! lol

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] The claws just came out for Adam :girl fight: lookout 😜

I watch The Voice well cause Adam Levine.

C

Cooper11

:eek:
:bat: O Yeah!!! :girlfight: Take that..... :starwars: and that......:punish: and this.......:guns:
[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The Voice..hands down. It's a true "singing" competition. I do like Idol better with Stephen Tyler...tho..but honestly, The Voice Rocks!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I have always watched Idol but not this year. I even got a speeding ticket a couple of years ago because the finale was on...the officer said why was I speeding and I said because I 'm going to be late for idol.......Still got my ticket! I liked the voice alot last year but it's a little boring this year. I think I'm just on here tooooo much and have no desire to ewatch much tv.........sad huh? I have no life. I did vote for the voice:yes:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Who in the heck is Adam Levine? Is he related to the Rock , Mark Walburg, Vin Diesal or Jon Bon Jovi? If not you people can have him

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
This was the first year watching Idol for me, and basically started watching to see what antics Steven Tyler would bring, but I got hooked and I'm impressed with the talent they found. I caught some of The Voice, but did stay on the channel too long because I kept thinking how they were stealing Idol's idea for a show.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I see your point, but it really is totally different. The other one Simon is on now, forget the name of it, is a lot like Idol. I did not get into it and found it a bit boring. :down: but I loved that opera singer.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent seen the voice more than once, it conflicts with other tivoed shows so for us it is idol. Although last weeks send home was beyond disappointing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.