Which phone, Samsung Galaxy or iPhone?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Apple Family here - iPhone since they first came out and love it! Changed to a Mac soon after too.
Vote for iPhone!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm going to be in the minority here but I love the Galaxy line. I hate the way Apple locks their devices down and I detest the way they police the market. I would rather go back to carrying an old Nokia brick phone than give Apple a dime of my money :)

I like the freedom of Android and the new Galaxy is a nice phone. I love the form factor, the screen size is great for looking at pictures or movies and it's super thin so it doesn't make my pocket look weird. Samsung phones do feel a little cheap in your hand tho. Put the guts of the Galaxy into an HTC case and I think I'd be in phone Heaven. But I'm a phone geek. I root my phones and play with different OS's and tweak the hell out of them.

If all you want is to call, text, facebook, browse the web and of course, check out EBN then the iPhone should be fine for you. (I jokingly call it the AOL of smart phones... it pisses my boss of soooo much lol) But in my opinion, you can't beat the options of an Android.

Can you come over please and fix my stupid Blackberry Curve? I hate this thing. *watching this thread...a Droid must be in my future...*

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just got the Razr Maxx. 2 day battery life which I LOVE! We switched from T-mobile to Verizon due to crappy service from the main command post. I absolutely loved the My-Touch from T-mobile. But, I sold it and got the Razr Maxx. I hate that Verizon doesn't include the hotspot option without paying more per month, but the phone is awesome. I also have problems with the verbal translations on the phone. It NEVER understands what I'm trying to say. BUT, I've learned that if you read it fast and out loud, you MIGHT be able to understand what I was trying to say. I speak really fast....

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have a Samsung Galaxy that is 2 years old and I am already dreading having to upgrade. It's a great phone with an awesome display and battery life. As my buddy with an iPhone says, "it does everything the iPhone does plus it actually makes calls!" It's the first phone I've ever owned that I didn't want to give up when it was time for an upgrade...so I highly recommend the Samsung. I've been very pleased.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I have had iPhones, and loved them, but I just went with Samsung for my recent upgrade.... The Samsung is prettier with the larger screen and nice display... It does everything my iPhones did for me. There is even an app called Iris (Siri spelled backwards) that does the Siri stuff.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have an Iphone and I love it! I havent really looked into other phones since getting the Iphone4.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wait I HATE SPELL CHECK on the Iphone! I dont know if the other phones have the same type the Iphone does but its horrible! You have to see some of the crazy text messages I have sent!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh wait I HATE SPELL CHECK on the Iphone! I dont know if the other phones have the same type the Iphone does but its horrible! You have to see some of the crazy text messages I have sent!

Ive seen them! From my daughter! Today her hair was "Fruity".....instead of "Friizzy"! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

:hmm: what am I laughing at!! This IPad does the same dang thing! :eek:

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ive seen them! From my daughter! Today her hair was "Fruity".....instead of "Friizzy"! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

:hmm: what am I laughing at!! This IPad does the same dang thing! :eek:

Hahaha! :ROFL: Yes the Ipad is the same lol

I told my brother and his wife I wanted to hang and instead of hang it wrote bang!!! UGhhh thats horrible :bang: My brother was like WTF :eek: LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hahaha! :ROFL: Yes the Ipad is the same lol

I told my brother and his wife I wanted to hang and instead of hang it wrote bang!!! UGhhh thats horrible :bang: My brother was like WTF :eek: LOL

OMG... that is hysterical. i just laughed out loud i scared Cheli... :ROFL:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I just got the Razr Maxx. 2 day battery life which I LOVE! We switched from T-mobile to Verizon due to crappy service from the main command post. I absolutely loved the My-Touch from T-mobile. But, I sold it and got the Razr Maxx. I hate that Verizon doesn't include the hotspot option without paying more per month, but the phone is awesome. I also have problems with the verbal translations on the phone. It NEVER understands what I'm trying to say. BUT, I've learned that if you read it fast and out loud, you MIGHT be able to understand what I was trying to say. I speak really fast....

Yes Cheryl that is what hubby and I just bought too. Loo love it and the battery really is awesome. In Vegas everyone was worried about battery life and couldn't use camera or it would take battery. Haha not us. ;)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay we finally got the phone and I got the iPhone 4S

I totally love it!!! Now I only wish I had one for myself!!! It's just like my iPod but way faster! My iPod I got came out shortly before the first iPhone came out. I am going to start saving for one for myself now :D

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I got the galaxy note and I love it! !!

~Heather~

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Okay we finally got the phone and I got the iPhone 4S

I totally love it!!! Now I only wish I had one for myself!!! It's just like my iPod but way faster! My iPod I got came out shortly before the first iPhone came out. I am going to start saving for one for myself now :D

I got one for Mothers Day..and I love it too! Every day..I tell my Hubby.."Did I tell you I love my phone?" now...Angie is helping me work on him for a new IPad! :ROFL: He doesn't seem to be getting the hint...but thinks Angie is his new friend! :laugh:

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.