Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am getting Chip a smart phone for an early father's day gift. We are pretty much out of date when it comes to cell phones, we still have flip phones! lol

Anyway, I am trying to decide between these two phones.

Samsung Galaxy Sā„¢ ll, Epicā„¢ 4G Touch

iPhone 4S 16GB

Both are exactly the same price with our upgrade discount.

Any advice would be great.

Helpful info:

We are not in the 4G area but sometimes Chip travels so he could take advantage of it..... plus, 4G networks are growing fast.

Right now all of our music and movies, ect. are in iTunes. I would really hate the headache of using a different music program for syncing music and movies. Can you use iTunes on the Samsung Galaxy?

I already have an iPod so it would be easier I think to navigate the iPhone. But my tablet is an acer so probably similar to the Samsung, but I still don't get my Acer yet. lol

Leaning toward the iPhone but if you can do iTunes in the Samsung that may change my mind.

Thanks everyone!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've had a Blackberry and both my husband and daughter have the android. I wasn't too impressed with the Blackberry at all. I got an iPhone only because I wanted to try something different.

OMG ......... I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't imagine life without an iPhone now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
If you dont love the Acer then android may not be for you. Android does sync perfectly fine with itunes though. iPhone is much more of a simple device though and if you are a creture of habit the simplicity of it & familiar feeling from the ipod would make you feel at home.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I have an iPhone and believe it's a higher quality device than other smart phones. You can google Cnet and read the reviews for both devices to help you make your choice. :)

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I have had many phones.. And always wanted a iPhone and have had it for a yr now and I LOVE it!!! I will never get anything other than the iPhone!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Iphone here all the way... We have 3 iPhones, 5 iPads, and 2 apple Tv's plus ipods etc...

When you have everything working and communicating you buy an app once share to all devices using the same account and it is EASY to stream what you want to the apple TV. If you have AVI home videos for example I have full streaming for all that good stuff through the idevices to the apple TV and I can watch Kain on the 60" bigscreen through Youtube! LOL

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm going to be in the minority here but I love the Galaxy line. I hate the way Apple locks their devices down and I detest the way they police the market. I would rather go back to carrying an old Nokia brick phone than give Apple a dime of my money :)

I like the freedom of Android and the new Galaxy is a nice phone. I love the form factor, the screen size is great for looking at pictures or movies and it's super thin so it doesn't make my pocket look weird. Samsung phones do feel a little cheap in your hand tho. Put the guts of the Galaxy into an HTC case and I think I'd be in phone Heaven. But I'm a phone geek. I root my phones and play with different OS's and tweak the hell out of them.

If all you want is to call, text, facebook, browse the web and of course, check out EBN then the iPhone should be fine for you. (I jokingly call it the AOL of smart phones... it pisses my boss of soooo much lol) But in my opinion, you can't beat the options of an Android.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Well, I'm prejudiced. I've had all kinds of phone but once I got an iPhone I never looked back!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I love my iphone..Daughter has a droid and she has always had problems with it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have the iPhone 4s 16gb. Love it, especially the Siri

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I'm going to be in the minority here but I love the Galaxy line. I hate the way Apple locks their devices down and I detest the way they police the market. I would rather go back to carrying an old Nokia brick phone than give Apple a dime of my money :)

I like the freedom of Android and the new Galaxy is a nice phone. I love the form factor, the screen size is great for looking at pictures or movies and it's super thin so it doesn't make my pocket look weird. Samsung phones do feel a little cheap in your hand tho. Put the guts of the Galaxy into an HTC case and I think I'd be in phone Heaven. But I'm a phone geek. I root my phones and play with different OS's and tweak the hell out of them.

If all you want is to call, text, facebook, browse the web and of course, check out EBN then the iPhone should be fine for you. (I jokingly call it the AOL of smart phones... it pisses my boss of soooo much lol) But in my opinion, you can't beat the options of an Android.

I agree with you on the Apple statements. My sons both have I phones and as much as they like them, they are going to switch when they can. The phone is awesome, however they have issues with photos etc from other phones and sending to other people, Apples does not support any Windows type programs!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Lisa what do you have? I'm love my iPhone 4s as you probably know. Something to keep in mind is that you should both get the same kind when you upgrade, imo anyway. The iPhone has Facetime and you two could talk and see each other when he's gone. And if you already have everything on iTunes jump the gun and get the iPhone. It also has Siri which is just great for taking notes, making calendar appointments, reminders, sending messages, you can use it in place of typing on just about everything and so much more. It's just wonderful.

So my vote's for the iPhone!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.