Turtle Saga

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
OK I need to vent just a minute here. I get home from work tonight, one of my ducks is dead in my yard. Not 4 feet away from dead duck is a Huge a%* Snapping turtle!:eek:
So I call my husband he says take it down the street to the creek. So I take it down yonder to a ditch/creek by my house, get him all settled in and Mr. Turtle Police (neighbor who lives across the street from said ditch) comes runnin over. "what are you doin over here?" i said putting a turtle in the water. He proceeds to tell me I can't (I didn't know there were transplanting native turtle laws on the books in Willis! Shame on me):nonono: so after he tells me I've got your license # apparently to give to the Chief of Turtle transplanting squad. I and Kayla (dd) decide (kay with a little more attitude than me!) to take the turtle to my parents house whose neighbor has a pond and he can live out the rest of his turtle life with out fear of the Turtle Police squad getting him! :p

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Turtle Police, lol. You did good. I can't stand those snapping turtles. My husband and a fish tank and two of them when I met him. Every single time we left for the weekend, we'd come home to nearly all the fish dead and the tank looking like a massacre had happened. Turtle Police....:laugh:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4494]Bulldoggie371[/MENTION] don't ya just hate people sometime?! :cursing:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hehe that is funny and ridiculous at the same time. i think turtles are cute, but if a snappin one was after me, i'd probably think otherwise. you can always visit him in his new home! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I hope the neighbors pond doesnt have goldies in it.... snappers will eat them.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
haha I saw snapper turtles on cops or some show and they had to do all this crazy stuff just to pick up the turtle and move it. I never knew exactly what a snapping turtle was but dang those things looks mean. Neighbors can be so fun eh? lol Some people have nothing better to do, wow.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Snapping turtles are nuts! They can take down some seriously big stuff because they have such a strong bite.

You should have handed the turtle to your nosy neighbor and said "Now he's your problem!" LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online