cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well guys, I apologize b/c Iā€™ve been so out of the loop these days; it's ā€˜cuz of my move. Escrow on my condo closes on 3/23/12 so Iā€™ve been packing like crazy these last few days.
My plan is to move the bulk of my items this Sat into storage. Iā€™ll be temporarily moving in with older brother down in Orange County. My brotherā€™s such a sweetheart, he said heā€™s even going to cover the sofas so that the boys will be able to sit on them!
I donā€™t have a whole lot of furniture b/c Iā€™ll be donating a lot of things as well as just throwing stuff out.
The plan is to rent a Uhaul van but Iā€™m a little nervous b/c Iā€™m not used to driving large vehicles like that. I drive a Prius for goodness sake! Anyways, are these vans pretty easy to drive? What about the Uhaul truck? Iā€™m hoping I wonā€™t need to rent one but just in case I do, Iā€™m just wondering if they are user friendly.:begging:
Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congrats on selling the condo and your big move. Great brother, but then again how can you say no to a bully that wants to cuddle.

My sister drives them a lot... I never have, but I would guess as long as you are not parking or going down small streets... it should be good

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
They are really easy to drive. you should be fine

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
I think you will be ok. I drove a uhaul van in the middle of a winter storm. At that time my regular car was a VW Golf!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Henny! :hiya: my friend!! I've missed you! Well we have moved many miles and many times with Uhaul trucks! I've not driven them..but maybe a van would work better for you. The trucks are big and boxy and I'm honking stick hit..(I'll ask my hubby) a Uhaul Van would be easier for you and even if you needed more than one load..you could! What an adventure! And coming soooo quickly!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I drove a box van (like a U-Haul) for 20 years or more for our business. They are not hard to drive at all. You need to use the side mirrors and have them set right for you. If you need to park somewhere find a pull through spot so you don't have to back up in the parking lot. I drive a SPRINTER 3500 now and LOVE it!

Congratulations on your sale! Happy moving!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh okay, thank you guys! I needed a little confidence boost in the driving-big-car arena! I think I will stick w/the van.

Iā€™m so excited about the move and you guys should see my placeā€¦boxes everywhere! Tate and Finn are wondering what the heck is going on w/mommy and all this STUFF! Itā€™s nice tho cuz I will hardly have any furniture to store; I donā€™t have a sofa, my mattresses/box springs will be thrown out, and Iā€™m giving away most of the lamps, dresser, and shelving. That just leaves me w/my TV, a big mirror, dining table and barstools. Oh, and tons of dishes that I cannot part with. And booksā€¦so many books!! And of course the boys' toys :)
Iā€™m taking a couple days off work this week to devote to packing. Itā€™s a bit , no A LOT overwhelming thoā€¦but Iā€™m really excited about finding a new house for my guys and me J

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I bet you're busy right now!!! But you're getting near the end of the tunnel and soon Tate & Finn will have a backyard to call their own.

Henny, I think they're easy to drive but I've driving plenty of trucks so I'm used to bigger vehicles like that. You'll be just fine. Rely on your mirrors when changing lanes not once but twice.

You need a picture of you in that nice big moving truck too! I'll talk to you this week!!! You're gonna do just great!!! :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Henny... They are easy to drive but if you've never driven anything that size maybe a van would work better for you if the haul isn't too awfully far.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have been thinking about you, soooo glad you sold!!! secondly I paid $100 for a guy out of work to drive my uhaul when I moved here, I suck at driven my car, much less a truck, it was worth every dollar!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I've driven a big van before and it wasn't so bad. But as Alice said, the only tricky thing about them are the side mirrors. Make sure you're able to see well with them.

And congrats on the sell! Now it's the fun part ... finding a new place! And how nice of your bro, always heartwarming to hear stories that like. Be careful though, he'll probably not want to part with them after he realizes how great they are. :D

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.