JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Woot Woot, not sure how I did it but I just go the ok from the hubby to preorder my first ever iPad and it's going to be the iPad3 4G LTE. Now the biggie for me is what size, 16, 32 or 64. I know the price difference already, $629m $729 or $829 but I want to make sure I get the right size as this needs to last me for quite a while. It's really going to be for me but it'll be for both of us too. Our old laptop is hidious! Our desktop is new and well my iPhone 4S rocks it's just so hard to type on unless it's a quick text, etc.

So for you iPad users (@JAKEISGREAT ) and everyone else, any thoughts? I plan on preordering tonight while I still can.

:up: :jump:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I know you have one too, I've seen it. :p

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:bang: is this Groundhogs Day?? :faint:

May I add...puleeeeeeze don't tell us how you got your hubby to okay this..:begging: Puleeeeeeeeze!
No the Groundhog is still hiding from his shadow I believe. :lol:

Here's what I asked in an email today. I'm sure he knew the day would be coming though.

ME: Can I preorder an iPad 3, you could even use it one the couch as a laptop……please!!!!! I have $400 slush fund and could use some of the extra $$ in the *** to cover the rest. Please please please!!!

It can be my Xmas gift, I promise!!! Seriously too.

HIM: What do they cost?

ME: For a 4G like my phone (not solely reliant on WiFi), they start at $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB and $829 for 64 GB. It would be the best of both worlds for a laptop replacement and something big enough to travel with but yet small still.

HIM: Your crazy, whatever

ME: SWEET! You now only have to get me a stocking stuffer. Woot Woot!!!

HIM: Right?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
No the Groundhog is still hiding from his shadow I believe. :lol:

Here's what I asked in an email today. I'm sure he knew the day would be coming though.

ME: Can I preorder an iPad 3, you could even use it one the couch as a laptop……please!!!!! I have $400 slush fund and could use some of the extra $$ in the *** to cover the rest. Please please please!!!

It can be my Xmas gift, I promise!!! Seriously too.

HIM: What do they cost?

ME: For a 4G like my phone (not solely reliant on WiFi), they start at $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB and $829 for 64 GB. It would be the best of both worlds for a laptop replacement and something big enough to travel with but yet small still.

HIM: Your crazy, whatever

ME: SWEET! You now only have to get me a stocking stuffer. Woot Woot!!!

HIM: Right?

:hmm: and what do you consider a "stocking stuffer"??????? :ROFL: :ROFL:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My gosh, you can preorder where you are? I went to the store here and they said that it'll be first come first serve. I'm thinking of paying one of my cousins to line up for me. :D

L

Lucy-licious

:hmm: and what do you consider a "stocking stuffer"??????? :ROFL: :ROFL:
Don't ask her that...the answer will hurt my delicate ears :eek:

I'm getting one for my bday this year I'm so excited :D
I currently have the Ipad and its 16GB...plenty big enough. I have movies on, books, and games and apps and I love it Its just old now so I want a new one :love:

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
I have the IPad 2 with wi-fi and 3G. It's a 16 and I love it. Totally recommend one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey Jeannie, In our house we have 5 iPad's ranging from 16 gig, 32's and one 64 gig.

With Music going to the cloud, media is being streamed, and everything is via wifi I would highly recommend the 16 gig model.

I used to use a 32 and downloaded every free app I could get my hands on, eventually filled it up but not with things like music, photos, and items like that.
I use a 16 gig iPad 2 now and now that I got over the initial download as much as possible I use the essentials and am perfectly fine on the 16 gig.

By the way I am a huge technology lover and work as a systems analyst so I stream my movies to my apple TV using my iPad or iPod touch, I don't bother with photos as the iPad camera is nothing to get excited about, and there is lots of room for everything else.

Even the 3G services, now with phones doing WiFi hotspots i'd have a hard time recommending data plans on the iPad's, work pays for mine so I have that but for the rest of the family wifi only is all we need.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any questions. Grats on the purchase your going to love it!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION]. Thanks for all that info. I just preordered it. I went with the 64, I'd go crazy even thinking I'd run out of space. I take lots of pics and vids and now so much more I can do on the go!!! :jump: :jump:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have an Acer tablet, comparable to Ipad 2 but it DOES play Adobe Flash! The camera sux on it tho. :( Otherwise I am very happy with it! And it was about $200 cheaper than the iPad.

I also have the wireless iPod, similar to the iphone 4 but no camera. So I still use my trusty canon rebel, but that is also while I don't post pics as often as I would like to because it is such a chore to upload!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Flash is being replaced with HTML5 I wouldn't let that cloud the decision. But for some it's valid, not me though.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My daughter preordered "the new iPad" wifi 64GB for meeeee! Yippee Yahooey! I ordered the Zagg screen protector and a customized back protector for the back of it with a picture of Mr. Wilson. BabyGirl is on my old iPad. I'm so jazzed but trying not to show it. Hubby will be jealous...shhhhh!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My daughter preordered "the new iPad" wifi 64GB for meeeee! Yippee Yahooey! I ordered the Zagg screen protector and a customized back protector for the back of it with a picture of Mr. Wilson. BabyGirl is on my old iPad. I'm so jazzed but trying not to show it. Hubby will be jealous...shhhhh!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
Show it Missy!! Show it!! I have the Zagg screen protective on my iphone. I saw theirs yesterday on one of the IT sites I visit to get knowledge, lol. Gonna have to go get it ordered. That's so awesome of your daughter!! I just called Apple this am to change my order. I got the black to to pease the hubby (he doesn't give a crap what color is is though) and changed it to the White. :jump: I also am getting the free engraving (you know you can do that right - you get two lines). I'm getting "Queenie Jeannie" on it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online