Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but my son was very emotionally stricken by this video. You can see why if you watch it. We decided to share it with EBN because I wanted to help my son and the rest of the world make this guy "famous" so he can be found. :detective:

http://youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc

GraciesMomma

Jan 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Lou
I think the motive of getting his name out there is good. Don't really agree with sending troops to capture a man with armed rebels supporting him. I think the mission of peace is good, but again, me being in the military. it could turn bad during capture/arrest.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I just watched it and will be sharing it on my fb page! Also am considering getting the kit and doing my part in helping find this criminal!!!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I decided to re-edit this because I couldnt stand to see misinformation being spread by a viral video vis-a-vis hive mind mentality:

I advocate bringing that criminal to justice 100%, let me be clear on that...However the video needs to get it's facts straight, they dont even list sources, which to say is fishy considering it's a documentary.

Watching that Kony video is essentially watching old news. They started filming in 2003, and northern Uganda has been free of LRA violence and war for over five years. In fact, the LRA has signed a peace accord with the Ugandian goverment and it hasnt been violated in 5 years; unlike the video implies.

Yes, Kony is still out there and needs to be brought to justice, however the recruitment of children has decreased by 80%. This isn't due to the Invisible Children organization, but because of the Ugandan military and the ICC. The Invisible Children group is trying to pass a bill that allows America to militarize the region. In other words, they are providing misinformation to woo idealistic followers. The group has combined multiple regional conflicts to make it appear that this is one rapidly increasing issue, when that's not the case, and stating such information is crass at best.

When confronted about their dodgy tactics, the head spokesperson for Invisible Children stated;

“I agree with you that leading people to believe that the war is still happening in Uganda is not ethically right. It's something we've been addressing internally, focusing on getting all staff and supporters on the same page (of communication)."

If you read the news, or had an ounce of interest in the on-going unrest in Africa before this, then you would already know what I am saying is true and not be fooled.

It's extremely important to be wary of what materials spring up on the internet, especially one without sources or citations. As a criminal investigator I saw a lot of red flags while watching that video. According to an American military strategist, Kony is most likely being harbored in Northern Sudan or the DRC. In which case, bringing him to justice is nearly impossible; unless Seal Team 6 is sent in. It also isnt entirley clear what Invisible Children is doing with the money. By all accounts, the founders seem to be sitting fat, and only a meager portion is sent to the children in Africa. If you want to support kids in Africa then please donate to a reputable charity like ChildFund International instead.

I think it's only fair if I am to make such comments that I provide sources (unlike Invisible Children...)

BTW this is in no way a bash on the movement to bring Kony in, but I just thought people would like to know the story behind the story before forking over hard earned money to a corporation that isnt transparent in it's aim or funds.

*EDIT* I went through their financial statements...pretty interesting stuff...

I'd like to share with you my concerns...
Of the $8.9 million they spent in 2011, this is the breakdown:
  • $1.7 million in US employee salaries
  • $357,000 in Film costs
  • $850,000 in Production costs
  • $685,000 in Computer equipement
  • $244,000 in "professional services" (DC lobbyists)
  • $1.07 million in travel expenses
  • $400,000 in office rent in San Diego
  • $16,000 in Entertainment etc...
Only 2.8 million (31%) made it to their charity program (which is further whittled down by local Ugandan government officials) - what do the children actually get?

This can all be found on page 6 of their released financial summary
http://c2052482.r82.cf0.rackcdn.com...1-Audited Financial Statements.pdf?1320205055

SOURCES:
Michael Kirkpatrick, a long-time Independent Global Citizen, he has resided in Uganda and other regions of Africa. He has no political, religious or financial agenda. He wrote this article and gave an in-depth insight to whats really going on. He also questioned important members of Invisible Children about their motives. [1] http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/122/ARTICLE/6586/2010-06-02.html
Charity Navigator is a website that breaks down the proceeds and donations given to Invisible Children and subsequently shows what percentile of that is REALLY going towards these impoverished kids. A measly slither of what is going into the founders pockets. [2] http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12429
I've read an interesting passage from Northern Ugandan man however it is not 100% verified - he has advised the Northern Ugandan parliament have listed IC as their main priority on their "fraudulent activity" list. (See 2nd comment, username Livingstone). [3] http://www.topix.com/forum/city/stuart-fl/TQJSGHMES035Q6OI0THIS article asking Invisible Children why they were pressuring poor AND illegal piece of legislation has since been removed and deleted. [4] http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/2010/03/oklaholdout-update-letter-from-lisa-dougan/
ADDITIONALLY - There were members of Invisible Children were saying what their "allowance" could purchase them, it was on a forum on the official website, and this has also been REMOVED. [5] http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/?p=5901
Also: [6] http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/...ponds-to-Invisible-Children-Organization.html

Last edited:

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
I saw it yesterday. When that little kid talked about seeing his brother get beheaded it really got to me. I will be sharing this on my facebook as much as possible.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think the motive of getting his name out there is good. Don't really agree with sending troops to capture a man with armed rebels supporting him. I think the mission of peace is good, but again, me being in the military. it could turn bad during capture/arrest.

I can see your point, especially when these rebels are made up of children!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
100 American "Advisors"........... Check history,,, say about 1961-62. I had a friend that was an Advisor in Viet Nam that was shot up pretty bad... Yes, He was an Advisor. In 1967 I was in Viet Nam and worked in Military Intelligence. Some of what I did was liaison with other nationality troups. But we'd quit calling us Advisors by then because it was a WAR. "Advisor" is a word that is used when the government doesn't want to say that they have sent in Troops.

Having said that, I support what these people are trying to do.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So glad to see this posted! Bought my kit this morning. And have posted it on my FB and Twitter!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
This video is spreading like wildfire.
Urijah Faber is a fighter from the
UFC. He was tweeting about it this
morning. I watched it earlier.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts