I have an idea for a new award.....gross pictures included. don't look if you have a weak tummy.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but it might be a good idea to teach a command like "Drop it." When they are refusing to give up what is in their mouth to the Alpha, they are refusing to let you be the alpha. When the dog tightens his grip on the food he's taking charge over his owner. You don't want a dog that's going to fight with you over having something dangerous in its mouth, if it happens.' Each of my dogs are taught drop it and I can easily remove something from their mouths without worry about being bitten :( One excersize I do with my dogs is to give them a treat, such as a bone, allow them to have it for a moment, then take it, pretend to chew it as well for a minute or so, and then give it back. The bone goes back and forth so that they are comfortable with sharing and they know that its going to get given back to them if they can have it.

I guess I just feel bad that so many people are bitten by their bullies. I never realised it happened so much!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If you remember my big ouchie from this summer...you've heard me complaining about my finger being sore...right where the finger bends on the first knuckle. Well, I woke up the other morning and there was a white bubble"ish" looking bulge right under the skin. I was unable to bend my finger...and it was very tender to the touch. I happen to yelp at work and a co-worker took it upon herself to perform a quick "extraction" of the object. Bone fragment! No wonder it was so sore! Since it's been removed...no pain. I will no longer have anything to complain about concerning this incident. Other than the huge divot/crack in the center of my nail....My "shame on you" finger is as good as new!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Cheryl....... I'm glad you got the award!!!!!!! You are soooooooo deserving!:rolleyes: :p

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Well.....I'm glad I came across it again! I didn't realize we hadn't award you with it! You deserve it also!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.