Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have an idea for a new award.....gross pictures included. don't look if you have a weak tummy.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I have an idea for a new award.....gross pictures included. don't look if you have a weak tummy.

Awards have been issued!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I have an idea for a new award.....gross pictures included. don't look if you have a weak tummy.

Update...not that anyone really cares...but I saw this post at the bottom of a current topic as a possible "related" topic. So, it's been 2 1/2 months since this incident. My fingernail is growing out..and at the bottom of my nail? A huge broken crack. I can almost get my finger nail from my other hand under it. So, to prevent another accident, I painted clear nail polish over it, to hopefully seal it. Also, the underside of the bite? Is still very sensitive. I think he might of chipped the 1st knuckle. It hurts to hold a grocery bag with that finger..or try to open a box using that finger.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Awwe! Wow! Hope it heals quickly!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

OK,,, now I'm feeling stupid and its all YOUR FAULT. I hadnt seen this thread before and got to readying it. I ALSO had an aquarium filling behind me. I got interested in the thread and consequently just had to go get the shop vac to try to get the overfilled water out of the carpeting.........DUH!!!!! And I'm blaming YOU!!

Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@desertskybulldogs
    @BruceP
    Um....what he did was (not) my fault. But....since he did it reading the post that started the "stupid is stupid does" award...I think he deserves it. I get a chuckle just trying to picture the words that came out of his mouth when he heard that sound water makes as it spilled over it's barriers......

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

and the oh sh@@t look on his face!!!

It's all our fault.....

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but it might be a good idea to teach a command like "Drop it." When they are refusing to give up what is in their mouth to the Alpha, they are refusing to let you be the alpha. When the dog tightens his grip on the food he's taking charge over his owner. You don't want a dog that's going to fight with you over having something dangerous in its mouth, if it happens.' Each of my dogs are taught drop it and I can easily remove something from their mouths without worry about being bitten One excersize I do with my dogs is to give them a treat, such as a bone, allow them to have it for a moment, then take it, pretend to chew it as well for a minute or so, and then give it back. The bone goes back and forth so that they are comfortable with sharing and they know that its going to get given back to them if they can have it.

I guess I just feel bad that so many people are bitten by their bullies. I never realised it happened so much!

Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If you remember my big ouchie from this summer...you've heard me complaining about my finger being sore...right where the finger bends on the first knuckle. Well, I woke up the other morning and there was a white bubble"ish" looking bulge right under the skin. I was unable to bend my finger...and it was very tender to the touch. I happen to yelp at work and a co-worker took it upon herself to perform a quick "extraction" of the object. Bone fragment! No wonder it was so sore! Since it's been removed...no pain. I will no longer have anything to complain about concerning this incident. Other than the huge divot/crack in the center of my nail....My "shame on you" finger is as good as new!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Cheryl....... I'm glad you got the award!!!!!!! You are soooooooo deserving!

Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well.....I'm glad I came across it again! I didn't realize we hadn't award you with it! You deserve it also!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh goodness Libra no wonder it hurt so bad!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads