Just need a little advice about work...

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This story is absolutely sickening. But I did want to add that I don't think you should blame this coordinator's incompetence on her age alone. She is clearly either an uncaring person or a complete idiot, or probably both. Either way her getting older will not change either of those things. I'm 21 and could definately handle and want to complete the tasks you asked her to take care of. Good luck with the whole situation.

This is very true! I have an 8-year-old that can probably do a better job at following through and completing tasks than that 23-year-old!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I don't know about IL but WI has specific regulations covering the frequency of changing briefs for incontinant residents. It Must be entered into the care record of the patient just like they do with meds. Non-documentation will bring the state down on the facility.

The Marker idea is a great one. They can document that they changed even if they didn't. That will catch them if they are doing that.

H

heff101

$16,000.00 per month??? that cant be.
And has anyone notified any family members?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
16k a month is not abnormal and can be a lot more depending on the amount of care the resident needs. You don't want to know what a vent resident has to pay.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] I am so sorry your are having to witness this injustice, It breaks my heart the way our elders and disable sometimes are treated. I think the idea of the marker is great!! I would do that.
I find that more often than not you get incompetent people being in charge when they shouldnt be at all. It is very frustrating. To do such a job you must be compassionate and kind. I see that these are not the traits some of your coworkers. Hang in there and dont be afraid to speak your voice!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I could believe 16K a month sadly. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing and it seems that most people move into a facility and end up running out of money and having to depend on some sort of supplemental program to keep up with the rent, the level of care, the medications...you name it.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
This is just absolutely ridiculous and sickening. He is so lucky to have you being his advocate.

I worked at a nursing home for a week for clinicals and I was disgusted with what I saw. They would double up on the people's diapers just so they wouldn't have to change them often...leaving them soaked in urine and feces and getting rashes from it and sweating because it was too hot and too much padding. It made me so mad. It's easier to just clean it up every two hours like you're supposed to rather than let it sit and accumulate, ugh.

People in some of these facilities are just outrageous. I don't know how they get away with it. I'm with everyone else..file a complaint.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Is it possible to talk to the same person as before, the VP of operations? Let them know how the assisted living coordinator handled the situation. You have back up, your friend can verify that she insinuated and has started rumors that are not true. Really, this is so sad. You've remained professional....I would have popped a gasket ALONG time ago. You are a saint. Can we rename you SaintRob? Or OnYourSide? Or DontMessWithMe? PtAdvocate?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I agree with everyone. When my little brother was dying in a nursing home with Lou Gehrig's disease, me, my mother and my sister watched his care carefully. We noticed that the patients with "involved" family do get better care - which is INSANE and HORRIBLE. But true.

If this place isn't smart enough to be engaged with a patient who HAS an advocate, can you imagine how neglectful they are with the ones who've just been plopped down in there to die? I shudder to think.

Document and report. You'll be doing it for other patients as well. At 16K+ a month, his accommodations and service there should be IMPECCABLE.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.