Recipe swap

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS "Italian Style"
STUFFING MIX:
beef (hamburger) 1 med. onion, finely chopped Salt to taste (a sm. amount in the palm of your hand.) 1 finely diced or chopped or crushed clove of garlic (Or you may shake garlic powder in the bowl generously, this will be about 3/4 tsp. garlic) (but then we like a lot!) 1 tbsp. dry parsley or a nice lg. handful of fresh well chopped parsley from the garden 1 tbsp. oregano 1 tbsp. Mama D's Italian seasoning (use the seasonings to taste some people don't like as much spice as we do in our Italian food) 2 eggs, cracked & dripping over sink to bowl 6-8 saltine crackers (put them in a plastic bag & crush them with a rolling pin to eliminate crumbs on the counter) Sprinkle course ground pepper so you can see it (any kind of pepper will do about 1/2 tsp. or less, to your taste) 2 tbsp. olive oil (or a couple of splashes) (this helps to avoid sticking when mixing with your hands
If just starting out and your budget is a bit slim, you may add rice and lessen the amount of ground beef.
Mix all ingredients by hand, scraping cracker crumbs from outside of bowl. Once mixed well (with sticky fingers or gross fingers depending upon who you are) caressingly fill each green pepper, stuff well and solid but don't over fill. Be careful not to fill too briskly or energetically or skins may crack. When all of the peppers have been filled, make meatballs from the remaining mix. Kid's as well as some adults don't like the green pepper or just haven't acquired the taste for good Italian lovable food as of yet!
To Cook: In a large dish, or borrowed roaster from your mother if just starting out; place peppers open side up. Surround with meatballs and cover with sauce. (If one or two are too tall turn them on their side.)
The Sauce: Use Elaine's Homemade Italian spaghetti sauce (without meat) or substitute Paul Newman's Ragu or your favorite.
Cook 2-4 hours at 325 degrees. Check after first 1 1/2 hours to test doneness of peppers and meat. Adjust heat as needed. Do not allow to boil over as almost impossible to clean once burned on the oven. (Place a cookie sheet under the pan will help, especially if the sauce is close to the top of the sides of the pan.)
I got this recipe from online, but I didn't note the source, but saved it just the way it appears to be posting here. It's Very Good!

While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

Taste Tested Recipes

Last edited by a moderator:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco Lasagna

QUICK & EASY!!!!!

1lb ground beef according to Taco Seasoning Mix package
1lg can of your fav. refried beans
1sm can of diced green chilis
4-6 lg flour tortillas
Shredded cheese...you pick, I use a ton of sharp cheddar, with shredded
Monterey jack...

I use a spring form pan.
Mix your green chili's with the meat after it's cooked, or in with your beans.
Put one tortilla down as your base, then start stacking, beans, meat, cheese,
tortilla, beans, meat, cheese, etc...till you fill the pan( did I mention this is a
round lasagna?)

Bake about 45 minutes at 350, then I let it rest for about 15mins
and release the spring form..if you don't let it rest, it will bulge out and look funny!!
Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onions, and some more shredded
cheese, serve with guacamole and sour cream.

While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

Taste Tested Recipes

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
TACO LASAGNA 2
9 x 13 BAKING PAN

BROWN in a large skillet: 3 pounds of ground round or ground sirloin
1 Large onion (diced up) add to meat and sautƩ enough to soften.

1 Large Can of Mushrooms (drain) or fresh sliced (sautƩ with Onions and meat)
3 peppers (diced up) I use the green and yellow
Black Sliced Olives

Then Add:
1 large Can of Tomato Sauce
Ā½ Cup of Water
One Envelope of Taco Seasonings
1 large can of Refried Beans

SPRAY OR COAT WITH SHORTENING or BUTTER ----ā€”A 9 X 13 BAKING PAN
(so it wonā€™t stick to pan)

Place Taco shells on bottom (use Del Ray Flour taco shells or Ormission shells in the frozen section of the store, or just use your favorite brandā€¦.. These can be overlapped.

Place a layer of your meat mixture on top of these taco shells

Ā½ Cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Ā½ Cup of shredded mozarella cheese

Another row of taco shells
Another layer of meat mixture
Another layer of cheeses

BAKE IN OVEN FOR 30 MINUTES AT 350 DEGREES

Let cool 10 minutes before slicing
Before eating top it with your favorite Hot Sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes
and SOUR CREAM

This is also good just eaten cold as leftovers or can be reheated in a microwave the next day.

Taste Tested Recipes

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tangerine-Sweet Potato Casserole

2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
1/4 cup melted butter
6 tablespoons brown sugar (reserve 2T for topping)
3 tablespoons dark rum (do NOT use rum flavoring)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tangerines
2 tablespoons chopped pecans

1. Preheat over to 375.
2. Whip together sweet potatoes, 2T of butter, 4T of brown sugar, the rum and the salt
3. Peel tangerines removing the white membrane and seeds. Chop two of the tangerine sections and fold into sweet potato mixture. Pour into 2-quart casserole.
4. Arrange the remaining tangerine sections on top of sweet potatoes.
5. Combine remaining butter, sugar and pecans and sprinkle on top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.

Taste Tested Recipes

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
WONDER CHEESY PUFF CASSEROLE

8 slices of Wonder Bread
3 tablespoons softened butter
1 (8 oz.) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs
2 Ā½ cups milk
2 tablespoons prepared

mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Ā½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika

Spread butter on the Wonder Bread slices and cut into cubes. Place 1/3 of the cubes in a 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese; repeat twice. In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and paprika. Pour over bread and cheese layers. Cover the dish and chill for 3 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

Makes 4 ā€“ 6 servings.

I will say that I always use Wonder Bread. I got this recipe from their online site. But for those who live in an area that perhaps doesn't have Wonder Bread any White Bread will do.

Taste Tested Recipes

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
And now I think I've about exhausted my online recipe files of food. I'll start on desserts next.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I'm allergic to my oven....You guys will have to make them for me and sent them.. I think that is the ONLY solution here. :)

The truth is....she is not allergic....she hates cooking that is why she wants to judge.... The best of both worlds....sorry Libra, you know I love you:heart:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION] maybe you can then make both recipes and let her be the official judge. haha.
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] you sure have been busy on here, thanks for sharing so many yummy recipes. ;)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I promised Desserts....

Alice's Easy Rhubarb Coffee Cake

9X13 Pan

1 yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix) prepared per package directions. (slightly less water than called for if you want slightly denser cake)

3 to 4 cups chopped rhubarb layer over prepared cake mix

1 cup sugar layered over rhubarb.

1 pint whipping cream poured over all.

Bake @ 350 for one hour. Cake will rise to the top. Will have consistency of pudding on the bottom with rhubarb in the center.

Chocolate Version

Chocolate Cake Mix (pudding in the mix and I use the butter recipe version)

3 to 4 cups chopped rhubarb layer over prepared cake mix

1 11.5 oz bag milk chocolate chips layered over rhubarb.

1/4 cup sugar sprinkled over top of c chips.

1 pint whipping cream poured over all.

Bake @ 350 for one hour. Cake will rise to the top. Will have consistency of pudding on the bottom with rhubarb in the center.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Andes Mint Cookies

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. water
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. ( or more,) Andes mints

Oven at 375 degrees. In good sized bowl cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and water. Beat well and gradually add in dry ingredients. Chill dough overnight. Do not skip this step!
Wrap each mint well in cookie dough and place 2" apart on lightly greased sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly brown, remove to rack to cool completely.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Angeletteā€™s

4 c flour
5 tsp. baking powder
1 c sugar
1/2 lb. butter, margarine or Crisco
6 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. orange extract

Sift flour and baking powder together. Add rest of ingredients. Knead a little bit then roll into 1" balls. Bake at 350Ā° until light brown.

Frosting: 1 pkg confecter's sugar, 1/4 c orange juice and 2 Tbsp. butter

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple Butter Cake

2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. apple butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. shortening
1/3 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground clove
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. seedless raisins ( optional )
1/2 c. chopped walnuts ( optional )

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 13x9x2 baking pan OR 3 coffee cake pans.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients well, by hand or with electric mixer ( 3 minutes on high ) scraping bowl occasionally with spatula. Stir in nuts and raisins. Pour batter into pan or divide equally among the coffee cake pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes ( longer for coffee cake pans ) or until it tests done. Cool on wire rack.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple Sauce Bundt Cake
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 can (16 oz) applesauce
3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
3/4 cup seedless raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 3 quart Bundt pan.
Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add eggs.
In another large bowl sift flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Alternately add applesauce and flour mixture together. Blend well. Stir in dates, raisins and nuts. Spoon into Bundt pan and bake 1 hour. Allow to partly cool in pan and then place on a plate. No frosting is necessary.
Variations: Sprinkle generously when cooled with brandy, wrap in a cloth and store in a tight container for at least a week before serving. I make this cake almost every year for Christmas. It is easy to prepare and taste much like a fruit cake. It is best when made several days ahead and stored in a tight container as it is a good keeper and freezes well

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fudge Crinkles (A Great 4 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie)
These are chewy, fudgy, SUPER EASY cookies that you can probably make right now! I have watched these disappear time and again and everyone is always asking for the recipe. It is almost embarrassing to give it out; it is that easy :) Enjoy!

30-48 cookies (15 mins; 5 mins prep)

1 box (18 1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix or any flavor cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil (or better yet try softened butter)
2 large eggs
Confectionersā€™ sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350Ā°.
  2. Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
  3. Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
  4. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
  6. Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.

I always add 1/2 bag of chocolate chips to Chocolate cake mix (since Devilā€™s food is not always available and theyā€™re melt-in-the-mouth!

Some suggestions are included, otherwise variations are endless. Let your imagination soar!

{Suggestions ā€“ 1) French vanilla cake mix + rolled in coconut and a little sugar.
2) Yellow cake mix + minced pecans + half tsp of almond extract.
3) Pillsbury chocolate cake + chocolate and peanut butter chips and some cinnamon and ginger = delicious, spicy holiday cookie.
4) A bag of Skor bits to the mix.
5) A jellybean on top of each dough ball and pressed it in, slightly
6) Strawberry and Butter Recipe Fudge cake mixes + filled with a clone twinkie cream and sandwiched.
7) Different flavored cake mixes + Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, M&Ms, etc.
16) Butterfinger candy bar bits as a topping a few minutes before they were done baking.
8) Yellow cake mix + pistachio pudding mix = pale green cookies
9) Add some peanut butter chips instead of powdered sugar.
10) Milk chocolate cake mix + walnuts.}

Try cherry cake mix with mini chocolate chips
for Christmas!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chocolate Ecstasy

1 (21 1/2 oz.)pkg. Brownie mix
2 (2 oz.) pkgs. Chocolate mousse mix
1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip-thawed
1 pkg. Heath Bar crunch bits (found by chocolate chips)

Directions:
Prepare brownies according to package. Cool on rack. Coarsely
crumble half of the brownies in a glass bowl (5 qt bowl).
Prepare mousse mix according to package directions, except do
not chill it! Spread half of the mousse over the brownies,
spread half the Cool Whip over the mousse, sprinkle the Heath
Bar crunch and keep doing this until you have 2-3 layers. Cover
and refrigerate. Keeps nicely for several days .

Taste Tested Recipes

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.