New (Used) Car Suggestions?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So we made the big move across country from a temperate climate to one more varied. And our cars are not adjusting well. So we are in the market for a newer used car with 4-wheel drive and is roomy enough for 6'5" hubby.

Are there cars you have had which you absolutely love? Any we must avoid? Neither of us has shopped for a car in about 10 years....help!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
So we made the big move across country from a temperate climate to one more varied. And our cars are not adjusting well. So we are in the market for a newer used car with 4-wheel drive and is roomy enough for 6'5" hubby.

Are there cars you have had which you absolutely love? Any we must avoid? Neither of us has shopped for a car in about 10 years....help!

I love my Jeep Cherokee... I'm 6'6" and I fit well. This is the newer design that started with the 2011 and was told that there were numerous changes, but I'm not familiar with earlier models to confirm.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had 2004 Ford Explorer that I totally LOVED... I had to get rid of it in 2010, rear deferential was shot, but I also had close to 200,000 miles on it :D

I currently have a Honda Odyssey which is awesome, but not 4 wheel drive.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I'm a Toyota fan! Our RAV 4 gets us where we want to go in all weather conditions; we've had a 4 Runner and loved it too! We have a Land Cruiser which is big, heavy, very safe but a total gas hog, especially if I can't get non ethanol premium. Toyotos are usually good for 400,000 miles or more if properly maintained!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Subarus are great all-weather cars too.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I drive a 2002 Chevy Avalanche and I :heart: it!! My 6'2" hubby is very comfy in it. :yes:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I also had a 2002 Explorer which I loved and was great in all weather. Not the best on gas but a great ride. So much so that I just leased a 2012 Explorer. :). (I had a 2006 Scion tC in between. Also a great vehicle just needed more room for baby on the way!)

I also had a Blazer at one point which is now the Trailblazer ... It was an ok truck but the explorer was definitely way better. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Have to give my thumbs up to the Ford Explorer. The boyfriend had a late model 90's one that was pretty cool. We live in NE so vehicles take a weather beating depending on the season. I feel your pain as Jordan is 6ft 7in!!! Gotta love finding a vehicle to fit these tall men!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We Loved our Grand Cherokee Limited from Jeep but it was a V8 and was killing us on gas. We NOW have a Grand Cherokee straight six and are much happier with the mileage. Jeep is making some awesome vehicles in my opinion.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I love the Honda Pilots...Thats what we are getting. You can get 4 wheel drive. Pretty roomy too.

I may be impartial here due to I used to sell Hondas..lol

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
You guys have been a big help! We had no idea where to start, now we have a variety in mind. Next, we are hitting up Kelley Blue Book to see what fits into our budget.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
The Honda Ridgline .... Half Car & Half Pick Up truck....
...Rides like a car....
Has a lockable deep trunk in the bed. Its awesome...

You can store roughly 100 rolls of Duct tape, A box of heavy duty yardsize black garbage bags, about four 5-gallon jugs of Chloroform and 100 feet of nylon cord. Its awesome........

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The Honda Ridgline .... Half Car & Half Pick Up truck....
...Rides like a car....
Has a lockable deep trunk in the bed. Its awesome...

You can store roughly 100 rolls of Duct tape, A box of heavy duty yardsize black garbage bags, about four 5-gallon jugs of Chloroform and 100 feet of nylon cord. Its awesome........

Should we be checking America's Most Wanted for you?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
The ridgeline lockable deep trunk also has a drain in case you want to fill with ice and beer. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.