Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
**caution--heartbreaking story**

I first heard this story on the radio yesterday and was disgusted, saddened, and po'd beyond belief. The reporter said a man had been arrested for animal cruelty after he hit a chihuahua with a golf club. The prognosis for the dog was not good with the reporter saying he was not expected to survive. Well, this a.m. i found the follow up and full story of this jerk's actions. Sadly the dog did die due to his very severe injuries. I hope that man goes to jail and is punished for what he did to this poor innocent animal.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/01/lily-chihuahua-dies-golf-club.html

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
It makes me angry too, unfortunately laws on this arent good and he wont get that long...I think he should be in jail for quite awhile, big fine, and an offenders list.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I won't go to the link....my blood pressure is fine the way it is and doesn't need raised.....but what you describe makes me think of what I've heard about serial killers....usually they start with animal abuse like this. They should throw the book at him...but sadly probably won't.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], i know, it made my bp go up too. I hate sharing news like this but this time i felt i needed to for my own sanity...it was just too tragic and just makes me want to do something to change the laws for people who do things like this...to make SURE they go punished and are just not merely fined or lectured to or whatever "community service" they are ordered to do.

I've put a caution at the beginning of my post.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Rule of thumb is people who abuse/torture animals, commit sexual abuse/incest, and set fires should be taken out and shot because no way can they be rehabilitated.

I cannot understand how anyone could abuse an innocent animal!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
this stuff makes me so upset. i sit here and type this looking at my baby under the computer staring up at me and i cannot fathom how someone could do that to an animal. makes me very sad. and mad at the same time. :cursing:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We definitely need tougher laws for these people.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just another reason why the canine is a greater good than the human

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
I put Vaseline on their noses about twice a week.
Thanks everybody, My boy sure is handsome even with his bald spot! :bully:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)

I cant comprehend why someone would do such a thing.

i sit here and type this looking at my baby under the computer staring up at me and i cannot fathom how someone could do that to an animal.

I can completely comprehend how someone could take a golf club to a dog that wanders into his yard. It is but the same treatment a snake gets when it wanders into most people's yards! They see the animal and don't see a pet. All they see is this pest with teeth that doesn't belong there. I get that same heartache every time I see some neighbor - especially the kids - chop down racer snakes that wander across their yards to get to the water in the lake. I even had one neighbor take a rifle to a snake on the edge of the forest across the lake... More than 50 yards from his backyard. I look at our 6 pet snakes and wish people were not so ignorant.

Last edited:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], I have to tell you if I see a snake in my yard I would flipp out :eek:!!!!!! What I would NOT DO is to take a golf club just for fun and torture the snake. Dogs are not rare animals that you seldom see. I can understand someone getting scared of a snake, a crocodile ,but to hurt it just for fun is not acceptable.This guy is a piece of :poo:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I can't comprehend it either. My husband gets mad at me for slamming on the brakes for a chipmunk, squirrel or anything else that goes into the road. And I get made fun of for letting flies out of my house instead of killing the. I'm a sucker for anything living.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Rule of thumb is people who abuse/torture animals, commit sexual abuse/incest, and set fires should be taken out and shot because no way can they be rehabilitated.

Alice, you and I could get into trouble together!! I second that motion!!!:cursing:As a psych nurse I have seen my share of horrors, either acts on my patients or from my patients. I was the Charge RN of an adolescent lockdown unit in So Cal for 5 years and saw the budding sociopath after he hurt the family dog as well as children that had been molested. It makes me sick and angry!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.