Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hi fabulous people of the EBN! I'd just like to share that I've just begun a yoga teacher-training program that has me equal parts excited and anxious. Yoga is something I started practicing about a year and half ago and participating in this training is a way to deepen my practice (and maybe share with others). Anyhoo, any good thoughts you might throw out into the universe is sure to help me in this endeavor. (and someday soon...I'll get a video of the dogs practicing their yoga while I practice mine) namaste

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] I did yoga for years and I must say it is the best workout anyone can do. It really relaxes your mind and it centers you. I am happy to hear you are practicing yoga!!! I should do it again. Good luck!!

L

Lucy-licious

Hey Namaste, Your starting a course to teach something you love to do..how good can it get :D Kudos to you, not many have a job they can say is relaxing :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Namaste [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION]

Best of luck on your adventure... life is good :up:

I have recently started yoga since my lower back had been killing me, and I'll be damned if all the pain was gone after just a few classes. My teacher is currently on vacation and there has been a sub filling in, so I have been able to see a difference in teaching styles... some things that really impressed me about my teacher is how she recognized that this old tight guy was new to this, and she took the time to show me alternate poses until I can work up to what the more advanced students are doing. One of my favorite things she does is at the end of the class we lay on our backs with our legs up against the wall, and a 2" cushion under our arse, and she would turn off all the lights and have us just relax and focus only on our breathing for several minutes... it may sound like it's nothing, but I just love how relaxed I would get from this. I'm excited that my teacher returns in a few days :)

What are your thoughts of having guys in the class? I was very nervous in my first class since I was the only guy, but the teacher put me at ease and the other students did not seem to mind me being there... I have heard of lady only classes though, and I can understand how women would feel more comfortable with no men in the class, yet as a guy this sounds a bit discriminatory... and Yoga did originate as a guy majority practice.

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Well, I like the guys.... In fact, it was started by guys back in the day....the studio where I started has about 40% guys in every class....it's a myth that yoga is girly....it's as challenging as any athletic pursuit but what's really cool is it can steady your mind....love to talk yoga anytime

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I love yoga. I am pushing 70 (in July) and feel it really helps with balance, mobility, strength. I noticed my upper arm strength was lacking so I started doing modified pushups daily and it has made a huge difference in poses like 1/2 dog at the wall. I completely agree with all [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] said! Namaste.

Most Reactions

Members online