Repairing a base board for a NON-HANDY person!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, the time has come where i must face those dreaded, chewed up parts of my base boards that Tate and Finn designed themselves :cursing:!

I'm going to list my condo for sale very soon and the handyman i called isn't calling me back so i'm thinking, 'hey, maybe i can do it myself!' with a little help from my friends of course :D

Can anyone give me some helpful hints on what to do first? i've heard words like sanding down, putty, paint...am i on the right track? :hmm:

PS:
i'm not looking for anything fancy...just good enough will have to do for staging purposes.

L

Lucy-licious

How bad are they first? do they need to come off and be replaced or can you just fill them, sand them and paint over the whole mess?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How bad are they first? do they need to come off and be replaced or can you just fill them, sand them and paint over the whole mess?

i think i can just fill them vs. replacing them...at least that's my unprofessional opinion! I will have to post a picture of them when i get home tonight. Have you done this yourself Angie?

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
def need to see pictures to help ya...wish i could list my condo...but i'm so underwater due to the economy tanking

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
post an unprofessional picture and I'll give you an unprofessional opinion. Sometimes with that sort of thing it is much easier to replace than to repair.... but, pic first.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Once we see a picture we could give better advice.... but, wood putty, sand, paint may do the trick

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Here's what you do....grab the nearest large piece of furniture and drag it in front of said damaged baseboard :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.