:(

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry you are going thru this. It really sucks. Makes you reevaluate life in general. You've gotten good advice from the other members here. Look at this as a new beginning of a new you. Look into doing things that you've always wanted to do. Focus on the future and make new paths. We're always here and all ears. :yes:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
When I'm going through a crappy time I like to stay busy....and you know what is an awesome way to stay busy and get to love on some bulldogs....fostering. Maybe you could volunteer as a foster mama for a bulldog rescue? We fostered for a couple years and it was sooo fun!

Things will get better...just keep that chin up!

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i thought about fostering...titan is seans bullie and he loves him more than anything in his life. that dog is the world to him. i think i'm done dating...honestly i thought i'd have kids and be married at 37 but i just don't think it's meant to be.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i thought about fostering...titan is seans bullie and he loves him more than anything in his life. that dog is the world to him. i think i'm done dating...honestly i thought i'd have kids and be married at 37 but i just don't think it's meant to be.

:nonono: you are giving one person waaaaaaay too much control over your happiness. You never know where your soul mate is..or when they will show themselves. Don't deepen your sadness..you are YOUNG....don't sell yourself short...:hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Dating does SUCK... I've often said if my b/f and I ever did go separate ways, I am done with it too -- just hang in there ... when you least expect it some good will come your way

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I always said if my first (and only!) marriage didn't work out then I was done with dating and the whole works. Well you know what...I did get a divorce and my life did go on after that! Now I have Jordan and am happy as a clam! You will look back on this down the road and laugh because you will have a wonderful life with a wonderful new person and probably like...way too many bulldogs (as if there were such a thing!) :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am sorry about the breakup but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I was in a 7 yr. relationship that was going no-where, I left him and took 1 year of NO dating to find myself again. Right around the 1 year mark I met Joe (fate) and we eloped 5 months after we met. We have been married for 2.5 years and I have never been so happy. Perhaps your soul-mate is waiting to meet you. It still hurts and sux donkey balls, I thought I coulden't breath without my X, but maybe it will be for the best for you.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this....ugh, breakups, especially in a long-term relationships, are so difficult to get through. Take some of this time to definitely have a pity party, hug your bullie, have some friends over for wine or ice cream or whatever makes you feel better. Then look towards making yourself happy. After my divorce, I thought I was a complete failure and couldn't do anything without my ex. I took some time off, then dated a bit, got fed up because I hate dating, then figured I would be alone forever, then met my husband two years ago and now I can't imagine how I was ever happy with my ex.

Things are not fun now, but they will get better for sure. :hug:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:hug: just like others have said. Its ok to weep a bit, and have a pity party. But don't give up on finding happiness again. It will happen when you least expect it. And don't make any heavy decisions now when it's so fresh. Give yourself some time first.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS: YOU HAVE YOUR PUP! (which is the most important thing)

Boyfriends come and go - but bestest friend dogs are FOREVER. In time, you will find a new beau and a new bullie for your baby to play with. I promise you.
If you really examine this relationship, you'll find that you weren't that thrilled with it either truly, down deep.

Don't think you'll find love again? Allow me....
Cases in point:

107_0780.jpg<== ex wife (ooops somehow she ended up down in that thumbnail box...)
IMG_0123.jpg <== ex girlfriend
P1160030.jpg <== last ex girlfriend

And there's a few in there that I don't have "bullie" pictures of that I could have included too but I only included those that featured BULLDOGS because hey, look around. :bully: hahahahaha We're in EB!

I know it sucks right now. But it won't. And before you know it. A gal with as many exes have I have had knows these things...:ROFL:

Attachments

• 107_0780.jpg
    107_0780.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 38
OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Totally blows...poor jameson he was all alone for twelve hours...before he and i dated i dated two other guys and neither understood my love for my dog. Its hard to find someone that gets my life...i am a television director in manhattan with very odd hours...i suck at meeting guys and usually go five years between guys. Anyone know a single guy near nyc...37 to 42 ish...employed, who loves animals....im not asking for a lot really not.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Totally blows...poor jameson he was all alone for twelve hours...before he and i dated i dated two other guys and neither understood my love for my dog. Its hard to find someone that gets my life...i am a television director in manhattan with very odd hours...i suck at meeting guys and usually go five years between guys. Anyone know a single guy near nyc...37 to 42 ish...employed, who loves animals....im not asking for a lot really not.

One day at a time. I'm so sorry you're hurting. But I know you will find the right person. please dont get discouraged! Keep your heart and your eyes open! When you're ready! Maybe you can get a dog walker to come check on Jameson..maybe a nice single guy..you know between say..37 and 42... Has to like animals...no problem..he's a dog walker! Just take one day at a time.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

You're strong, beautiful, confident and you have Jameson ... Who needs a man!!! What you REALLY need is somebody to come and let Jameson out as [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] just suggested .... let me tell ya, it's gonna be SO much cheaper than a boyfriend!!!

No man on earth can EVER give a bully kiss and a bully snuggle ... so make the most of what you have cos you got the best thing on this earth!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
@nyerathrt , I know your heart must be in such pain right now. It happens and we all have gone through it. It hurts like hell and you must walk through it now. What is meant to be will be, and everything DOES happen for a reason. It sucks ,yeah it does but it shall pass. Look for a doggie day care so that your baby doesnt have to be alone all the time, and he will have fun meeting other dogs! As for you, I've had several pitty parties myself, you are not alone we are here for you ,so whenever you need to have one let me know, Ill be there

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
When Stiggy's having a hyper day, he's off to his daycare the day after. He comes home extremely tired and content for the next couple of days. He goes to a kennel free one with a big yard to play in.

Big :hug: to you and Jameson.

Members online

No members online now.