JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm quite the early bird. One of the things I love to do on the weekends when I wake up before the crack of dawn (like 5am this morning :eek:) is to head to the jacuzzi while it's dark and peaceful outside. I'll sit there with jets on looking up at the Big Dipper which is straight above hoping to get a glance at the satellites that pass by overhead across the dipper. This morning I was lucky enough to see not 1, but 2. One was going East/West and the other about 2 minutes later was going North/South. Pretty kewl. :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sounds relaxing. I have seen satellites when sailing offshore where there is no illumination from lights. It's pretty cool to watch them go over.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@BruceP , I can only imagine how wonderful they were to see at sea! I've been pretty lucky to see quite a few if I get out early enough but never two back to back like that. I checked out the areas they fly by before because I was seeing so many last year. CO is in the flight path.

Oh and it is very peaceful. More so than at night. :up:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think so. Getting my hair fit in a few minutes, then off to Petsmart to get Gwynnie some goodies. :D

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am an early bird also, to me it is the best part of the day. Where I live in rural Joseph, OR we don't have light "pollution". Several years ago my then 4 yr. old grandson from Portland said, "Wow! This is like Wall-E!"

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Get her lots of pink stuff :)

She got the only pink bed I could find, a pink collar, pink lease, pink harness, and pink clothes (I'm sure she'll be a sissy to the cold her coming from AZ and all where it's always warm, lol). She also got some teething toys and a teething soaker. Dang, I forgot piddle pads......

Petsmart has clothing on sale for 40% off, not too shabby.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am an early bird also, to me it is the best part of the day. Where I live in rural Joseph, OR we don't have light "pollution". Several years ago my then 4 yr. old grandson from Portland said, "Wow! This is like Wall-E!"
Now that's precious! :)

I love it when we're at the lake and the Milky Way is up above. :up:

L

Lucy-licious

ooh I can't wait for the fashion show when she gets settled :)
Lucky girl :love:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] I sure hope she likes to dress up, Wilson HATES it. I'll take a sweater with us for her on the way back if needed. :)

L

Lucy-licious

I'm sure if you get her used to it she will like her sweaters..and I hope so because while she's still little you'll be able to get her dresses :love:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] I hope Gwynnie will like getting dressed up as much as Wilson and Jack like undressing her and playing tug with her pretty pink clothes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online