Laundry room before and after

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My laundry room is not that big, but it is INSIDE!!! I have lived in Florida for 10 years and this is the first time I have had laundry in the house. When I lived in Miami Beach for 7 years in a condo my laundry room was outside in a cement building (shared). Living here in Bradenton for 4 years it has always been in the garage. So little or not I love having one inside the house.

The walls were bright yellow, followed by a white and gold linoleum. We painted the walls a light khaki followed by a grey and khaki slate floor and shelf. The pictures are not showing the actual colors I think due to the flash on the camera, but I am happy with the outcome.

Oh and don't look at the load of clothes I have in the dryer, Lol!!

Before--I know it does not look bright yellow but it was
LaundryroomVegassunning008.jpg

LaundryroomVegassunning010.jpg

After--you can see the paint is still wet on the wall and so therefore the trimming out is lighter than the walls, after the wall dried it is all one color.
Laundryroomafter003.jpg

Laundryroomafter005.jpg

Laundryroomafter004.jpg

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Again it looks like I have a big orange spot on the floor, that must have been the flash of the camera, It is all grey, toupe flooring. That is more the color of the wall now, toupe instead of khaki like I was saying!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Looks nice Kelly. I like how you brought the flooring up to cover the risers. Good thinking. :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], I went back on fourth on bringing the flooring up, I thought it might look tacky and Joe did too, we went ahead and did it and we are both pleased with the look. When I first told Joe my idea he even said tacky, but after the finished room we both are in agreement we are glad we did.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]......me thinks you are hanging around [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] too much!!!! :ROFL: :lmao:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Great job... wanna come do mine now? I'll pay ya in Norman slobber!!

L

Lucy-licious

Looks good Kelly, I am so jealous that you have a Laundry room.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That looks awesome! Also I totally understand your want to have it in the house. Ours is in the garage and even tho the garage is mostly an added room to our house anyhow it would be sooo awesome to have it separated off and a part of the house. Someday..... This is one of my project ideas that will get done in 10 years. lol Your taste is very much like mine too, great job!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Funny how tastes vary.... We have a huge laundry room but it has a 700 gallon fish tank that is taking up most of it. Although we have a nice laundry room it is in the basement and we are always saying how much we wish it was on the main level of the house.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Funny how tastes vary.... We have a huge laundry room but it has a 700 gallon fish tank that is taking up most of it. Although we have a nice laundry room it is in the basement and we are always saying how much we wish it was on the main level of the house.

So what you are saying is this isnt "your taste"? :lmao: Basement laundry would be a pain. Like in our apartment we had a laundry room right under our stairs just about and what a pain that was. At least our garage is just right here as part of the house and we have no stairs. Could be much worse. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.