Splurge on an iPad2 or wait for the iPad3?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
:laugh: YUP......we had Ipads before our kids too! Bought one for our grandaughter tho..for Christmas..actually a family gift...It Must Be ROUGH to have such COOL parents..:tease:

And here I thought my sister-in-law's dad was the only crazy one to give his 2 grandchildren ages 5 and 7 their very own Kindle Fires for Christmas. Yeah, 2 Kindle Fires, 1 for a 5 year old, the other for a 7 year old... I'm like, REALLY????

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
And here I thought my sister-in-law's dad was the only crazy one to give his 2 grandchildren ages 5 and 7 their very own Kindle Fires for Christmas. Yeah, 2 Kindle Fires, 1 for a 5 year old, the other for a 7 year old... I'm like, REALLY????

This was LAST Chritmas..she was Almost 7. You should see what she can do on it after a year! Amazing! And her two year old brother can open and play all kinds of games. Let grandparents be grandparents! :ROFL:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This was LAST Chritmas..she was Almost 7. You should see what she can do on it after a year! Amazing! And her two year old brother can open and play all kinds of games. Let grandparents be grandparents! :ROFL:

My grandparents gave me a mixed bag of candies every Christmas... I wouldn't have minded one of them Nintendo Game and Watch games... okay, I was actually a little spoiled as a child because we had the Goofy Egg game that comes with 4 buttons (which was the talk of the town because everybody else's games only had 2 buttons, hah hah!). Wow, I'm aging myself...

This is exactly the game we had:
egg.jpg

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My daughter is going to buy me the iPad 3 when it comes out. :)

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula

Care to adopt another grandson???? Oh everyone....WAIT! You can but the 2 now, but within the next couple mths when the new one is released you WILL have Apple envy.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Care to adopt another grandson???? Oh everyone....WAIT! You can but the 2 now, but within the next couple mths when the new one is released you WILL have Apple envy.

Lol! You..why youuuuuuu! Naw.. I never have techie envy! I'm pretty confident my hubby will though! :up: and then he can get the new one..I will gladly accept hand me downs! :ROFL:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I say wait, it'll be worth it. Plus it's only a couple of months away before the 3 comes out.

An article today from MSNBC.com
Bloomberg just released a report citing three unnamed sources who name specific details of Apple's next iPad. The iPad 3 will have a high-definition screen, 4G LTE networking and a powerful quad-core processor, says the news service. The report also says that the product will reach full production volume by February.

It's no surprise that the iPad 3 will have a better screen: The iPhone has long had the more beautiful "retina" screen, and a device like the iPad, meant for reading, should have one too. It's also no great shock that Apple would put a quad-core processor in there, especially given the positive reception of the Asus EeePad Transformer Prime. As you can see in the video below, the Prime appeals to gamers because of its quad-core processor.

What does shock me is the LTE wireless connectivity. Apple's strongest U.S. partners, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, both have LTE networks, and Sprint is rolling one out too. But Apple is often reluctant to jump on new wireless technologies, and if this report is to be believed, LTE would come to the iPad before it was even on the iPhone.

As for the February date, that sounds consistent with last year's shipping schedule: The company announced the iPad 2 on March 2, and had it in U.S. stores by March 10.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I say wait, it'll be worth it. Plus it's only a couple of months away before the 3 comes out.

An article today from MSNBC.com
Bloomberg just released a report citing three unnamed sources who name specific details of Apple's next iPad. The iPad 3 will have a high-definition screen, 4G LTE networking and a powerful quad-core processor, says the news service. The report also says that the product will reach full production volume by February.

It's no surprise that the iPad 3 will have a better screen: The iPhone has long had the more beautiful "retina" screen, and a device like the iPad, meant for reading, should have one too. It's also no great shock that Apple would put a quad-core processor in there, especially given the positive reception of the Asus EeePad Transformer Prime. As you can see in the video below, the Prime appeals to gamers because of its quad-core processor.

What does shock me is the LTE wireless connectivity. Apple's strongest U.S. partners, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, both have LTE networks, and Sprint is rolling one out too. But Apple is often reluctant to jump on new wireless technologies, and if this report is to be believed, LTE would come to the iPad before it was even on the iPhone.

As for the February date, that sounds consistent with last year's shipping schedule: The company announced the iPad 2 on March 2, and had it in U.S. stores by March 10.

:eek: for a minute..I though you were Anatess! :ROFL:

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I bought the iPad 1 when the 2's just came out & you couldn't fine one anywhere. From best buy, I got lucky, someone returned it, looked like new ( but opened box) and I got the same warranty. It's the 32gb wi fi and 3G it was about $100 cheaper because it was returned. So you might get a deal if you find something like that. We love it!!!

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
Just remember, all rumors are just that, Rumors. Until Apple comes out and announces anything its all just a guess. Apple doesn't talk to anyone, ever.

Most Reactions