Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Splurge on an iPad2 or wait for the iPad3?

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Splurge on an iPad2 or wait for the iPad3?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    FYI... There was NO price reduction on the original iPad when the iPad2 came out so don't bet the farm that you will get an iPad 2 cheap just because the iPad 3 is out.
    Bruce, I don't know where you got this info. I have an iPad and an iPad2. When the iPad2 release was announced last February, the price of the iPad dropped by $100 on every model. For those who bought the iPad within the 14-day return window when the price change came into effect, they were given the option to apply for a refund on the price difference.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ummm or the IPhones! The 4 is still $$$$
    The phones are different matter because they are sold with cell carrier contract. And yes, I also have all the versions of iPhone from the original Edge (yes, it's a relic now!) to the 4S and every single version upgrade has always had an accompanying price drop of the old model prior to the release of the new one. The iPhone 4 price drop was only $50 (some retailers have different price points - like Radioshack had some kind of promotion going on 2 weeks prior to the release of 4S) but it's still a drop. The big cut was the 3Gs price when 4S release was imminent. Apple sold the 8Gb 3Gs for $49 with a new AT&T contract last February. And the 3Gs is no slouch of a phone.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Knowing my parents, they'd probably play with it for the first month or so then forget about it after. Either that, or my bro who still lives with them will hog it. lol. Or my sis who just moved out will take it.
    Ooooh... I don't know... this is what I thought too when I got my dad his very own iPad... this guy retired at age 49 when they replaced his admin assistant with a computer. He refused to transition from his pen and paper chemical formulae and dictated memos to the IBM PC. He finally learned to send personal email instead of snail mail but he still dictated his emails to my sister! So, I got him this iPad and man... he can't be separated from that thing. He even writes his own emails now, reads electronic newspapers and books and plays games. And my mom is now a facebook regular. They fight like little kids over "sharing" the iPad. My dad got cancer and he even got stuck some more on the iPad researching treatment methods, American medical processes (he came to the US from the Philippines to get treated at the cancer center in Houston), etc. etc.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

YUP......we had Ipads before our kids too! Bought one for our grandaughter tho..for Christmas..actually a family gift...It Must Be ROUGH to have such COOL parents..
    And here I thought my sister-in-law's dad was the only crazy one to give his 2 grandchildren ages 5 and 7 their very own Kindle Fires for Christmas. Yeah, 2 Kindle Fires, 1 for a 5 year old, the other for a 7 year old... I'm like, REALLY????

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    And here I thought my sister-in-law's dad was the only crazy one to give his 2 grandchildren ages 5 and 7 their very own Kindle Fires for Christmas. Yeah, 2 Kindle Fires, 1 for a 5 year old, the other for a 7 year old... I'm like, REALLY????
    This was LAST Chritmas..she was Almost 7. You should see what she can do on it after a year! Amazing! And her two year old brother can open and play all kinds of games. Let grandparents be grandparents!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

This was LAST Chritmas..she was Almost 7. You should see what she can do on it after a year! Amazing! And her two year old brother can open and play all kinds of games. Let grandparents be grandparents!
    My grandparents gave me a mixed bag of candies every Christmas... I wouldn't have minded one of them Nintendo Game and Watch games... okay, I was actually a little spoiled as a child because we had the Goofy Egg game that comes with 4 buttons (which was the talk of the town because everybody else's games only had 2 buttons, hah hah!). Wow, I'm aging myself...

This is exactly the game we had:
    -egg-jpg
    Last edited by anatess; 01-09-2012 at 09:53 PM.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

My daughter is going to buy me the iPad 3 when it comes out.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Im buying myself an Ipad shortly.....:-) heck I ve been waitin on the hubby too and dont think hes gonna. So whats a girl to do ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chula
    Likes (Received)

Care to adopt another grandson???? Oh everyone....WAIT! You can but the 2 now, but within the next couple mths when the new one is released you WILL have Apple envy.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jmill79 View Post
    Care to adopt another grandson???? Oh everyone....WAIT! You can but the 2 now, but within the next couple mths when the new one is released you WILL have Apple envy.
    Lol! You..why youuuuuuu! Naw.. I never have techie envy! I'm pretty confident my hubby will though! and then he can get the new one..I will gladly accept hand me downs!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I say wait, it'll be worth it. Plus it's only a couple of months away before the 3 comes out.

An article today from MSNBC.com
    Bloomberg just released a report citing three unnamed sources who name specific details of Apple's next iPad. The iPad 3 will have a high-definition screen, 4G LTE networking and a powerful quad-core processor, says the news service. The report also says that the product will reach full production volume by February.

It's no surprise that the iPad 3 will have a better screen: The iPhone has long had the more beautiful "retina" screen, and a device like the iPad, meant for reading, should have one too. It's also no great shock that Apple would put a quad-core processor in there, especially given the positive reception of the Asus EeePad Transformer Prime. As you can see in the video below, the Prime appeals to gamers because of its quad-core processor.

What does shock me is the LTE wireless connectivity. Apple's strongest U.S. partners, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, both have LTE networks, and Sprint is rolling one out too. But Apple is often reluctant to jump on new wireless technologies, and if this report is to be believed, LTE would come to the iPad before it was even on the iPhone.

As for the February date, that sounds consistent with last year's shipping schedule: The company announced the iPad 2 on March 2, and had it in U.S. stores by March 10.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    I say wait, it'll be worth it. Plus it's only a couple of months away before the 3 comes out.

An article today from MSNBC.com
    Bloomberg just released a report citing three unnamed sources who name specific details of Apple's next iPad. The iPad 3 will have a high-definition screen, 4G LTE networking and a powerful quad-core processor, says the news service. The report also says that the product will reach full production volume by February.

It's no surprise that the iPad 3 will have a better screen: The iPhone has long had the more beautiful "retina" screen, and a device like the iPad, meant for reading, should have one too. It's also no great shock that Apple would put a quad-core processor in there, especially given the positive reception of the Asus EeePad Transformer Prime. As you can see in the video below, the Prime appeals to gamers because of its quad-core processor.

What does shock me is the LTE wireless connectivity. Apple's strongest U.S. partners, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, both have LTE networks, and Sprint is rolling one out too. But Apple is often reluctant to jump on new wireless technologies, and if this report is to be believed, LTE would come to the iPad before it was even on the iPhone.

As for the February date, that sounds consistent with last year's shipping schedule: The company announced the iPad 2 on March 2, and had it in U.S. stores by March 10.

for a minute..I though you were Anatess!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads