You've Gotta See This!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Have you recently seen a movie or seen a classic for the hundredth time that you think that others might enjoy? Post it here for a rainy day or the next date night when no one can decide what to see!

One movie I recently saw is "Inception" - it was very good but it wasn't what I would call a "light" movie. You have to pay attention and it's complicated but it is also thought-provoking and exciting. I am not a Leonardo DiCaprio fan but his performance, along with most others, were strong.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm closer to the age of 40 than I am to the age of 30, but I love the movie Twilight. Yeah, I live in the PNW and I'm close to the town of Forks.....but I love the movie because it's simple. Alot of movies use "green screen" for the action shots. I admire the director.......no money = real acting. In the 2nd and 3rd movies, "green screen" was used and the movies lost the appeal to me. Although I love them also, Twilight to me is a movie I can watch over and over.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Top notch movie!

Sense and Sensibility- one of my all time favorites! yep. I love the british actors!

Somewhere in time- I watched half of this movie as a little girl and fell asleep. I could NOT WAIT to get home from school to watch the rest, only to find out my mom had returned it to the video store!!! I was crying the rest of the night. She went and got it for me, and I watched it over and over.

What Dreams May Come- Each time I watch it, the story is even better. Better to see it twice than once, it can be confusing the first time.

I should go through my dvd jukebox, I have loads of favorites in there! Someday, when it is not so crazy, maybe I will watch some of them again. Until then- my jukebox plays Bear in the Big Blue house all day long. LOL

W

WrinkledJowels

The curious case of benjamin button was by far one of the strangest movies I've ever seen! Talk about some quirky twists and turns...and just an overall creepy guy. I still can't look at Leonardo DeCaprio the same!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sense and Sensibility- one of my all time favorites! yep. I love the british actors!

We (both Bruce and I) loved the entire Jane Austin series they ran on Masterpiece Theatre (public television) recently. Pride and Prejudice being our all time favorite. We love any of those 15th to 18th century type of love stories usually. I especially dearly love any Jane Eyre adaptation I've ever seen.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Somewhere in time- I watched half of this movie as a little girl and fell asleep. I could NOT WAIT to get home from school to watch the rest, only to find out my mom had returned it to the video store!!! I was crying the rest of the night. She went and got it for me, and I watched it over and over.

We have this at home and just watched it the other day. It is very good.

I have two very favorite movies. 1. Rebecca, an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I watched it in high school and it is still one of my favorite.
2. Love and Other Disasters. This has a little bit of British humor, love story, friendship and true life messages. I also adore the late Brittney Moore.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I saw The Expendables over the weekend...I know, I know!! As long as you go in not expecting much, it's a fun popcorn movie if you like action and wrestling or both. A couple good laughs too.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
So, I was flipping around channels and found a movie on the Hallmark Channel I started watching called Hachi: A Dog's Tale. Typing that nearly made me cry - what a sad, sad movie! I cried through the whole thing but if you feel like a tearjerker, it was really sweet - a testament to the loyalty of dogs.

I also went to see the new Wallstreet movie over the weekend, which I was really looking forward to, and it was pretty boring and I thought it stunk. Very underwhelming!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I wanted to bump this thread because I've seen some good movies lately.

First, I saw "The Fighter" over Christmas and I really enjoyed it. Christian Bale was very good and it was an entertaining movie, whether you like boxing or not. I took my mom and she loved it.

I also saw "The King's Speech" and I really liked it too. The acting was great, although I was concerned I would be bored, it was really interesting and worthwhile.

Finally, I just saw "True Grit" and it was my favorite of the the three - I loved the girl who played Maddy Ross. I am going to try to watch the original John Wayne movie now to see what the differences are but I can't imagine it being better than the latest version.

I also got to see "Despicable Me" on DVD and I am usually not one for cartoon movies but I liked it and it made me cry a few times. Those minions are cute!

Has anyone else seen any good movies?

I want to see "Black Swan" still but I haven't gotten around to it!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I have 2 girls so I usually watch kids movies! We recently watched Alpha and Omega, it was cute. We cant wait for Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2, there is a bully in it!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I'm not much of a movie buff, but the old Clint Eastwood Westerns never seem to get old for me, and I guess I'm guilty of pulling out Tombstone on a few occasions. My wife is nuts though, she has watched Under the Tuscan Sun sooo many times... I can't take it and have to excuse myself to my mancave (my computer and aquarium room) whenever she pulls it out. She doesn't even have to say anything, she just gives me this apologetic look as she heads to the DVDs, then I groan and go to my room. 51st Dates is one though that we have enjoyed together more than once.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am a big movie person, huge fan of Coen Brothers so I of course saw "True Grit," LOVED it! Saw The Fighter too, very good! The other one I just saw was The Town, I LOVED it!!! MUCH better than I had anticipated, very good movie and very well made! Oh and I had seen it before but I watched The Prestige again last night, I forgot how good it was! Another goody!

[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] My brother said Black Swan was wonderfully done. It's one of his favorites of the year but he did say he has never felt so uncomfortable watching a movie. Not sure exactly what he means by that because I haven't seen it myself.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Inception was AWESOME!!

Wanting to see True Grit, I live in Fort Smith, Ar. where the movie was based out of.
Also cant wait to see The Fighter. Marky Mark's gonna knock you out!!

As far as Leonardo DiCaprio I use to hate him. But now I think he is a kick
a$$ actor. He was great in Blood Diamond. Shutter Island is a great flick
too. He is one of my favorite actors now.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I LOVE "Somewhere is Time"!!! It is one of my all time favorites, I've seen it many times, never gets old. The others that I just can't get enough of are "Gone With The Wind", I think I've probably seen it 50 times. I also will never get tired of "Frequency". It is GREAT!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only movie I saw at the theater this year was Harry Potter.....

But we do a lot of Netflix. Unfortunately lately most have been duds.

Diary of a wimpy kid was rather cute and funny.

Most Reactions

Members online