I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Hate this or Like it????

Joe got me this canopy netting for over the bed for Christmas, I hated it when I opened it, I did not say it but I did, then he hung it last night. I then had the balls to say...I really don't like it....He wants me to let it hang for a couple of days to see if I can get used to it. I keep going into the bedroom and looking at it and I still am not in love with it. When you go to bed at night you put the netting behind the headboard so that does not bother me. So what do you think?? and don't be afraid to say you hate it, I thought it the minute I seen it, lol.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hate this or Like it????

Now that Christmas is over I have to get some art work, maybe that will make it look better with a couple of pics on either side of the bed and some lamps on the night stands??

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I'm with Joe on this one.
    You said you were going for a tropical look.....and that's about as tropical as you can get.
    Reminds me of the fancy Caribbean resort hotels you see in the commercials.

And yes some artwork and accessories will help complete the look.
    Last edited by LariP; 12-27-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, I kind of agree... it is very tropical but needs accessories to make it look right. My only negative is that I like your headboard so much I hope it does distract from that.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

I think it looks okay it doesnt look horrible, a diffrent color would look better though. If you dont like it i would just tell him (:

Lucy-licious

I can't say I'm all that enamoured, but I'd definately leave it and see wht it looks like when pics and accessories are in place.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think that it looks bad, but it does look very bland against the wall and your bedroom colors. That's the first thought that came to my mind anyhoots. Bland. Does it get in the way when you're sleeping? If it stays, you need to get some stuff on the the wall that themes with the headboard to pull that out again since it takes away from from your headboard now.

Seems like a pain to deal with everyday but that's just me.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I love canopies and fabric but hadnt seen it done this way. I have the actual bed that is huge with the metal bars all over it with my shear curtains hanging. I am not sure about this cuz it does almost look like it would smother you while you sleep, no? lol. Give it some time and see how you like it. Or you could somehow get Joe to make you a way to hang fabric without that circle thingy and be more natural if you like?

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

My other thought looking at your pic is that you need floor length sheer drapes, not the window length ones you currently have. The contrast between the canopy and window length just doesn't mesh for me.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I LOVE NETTING! I love those things. I don't have it in my room because my husband don't like that stuff - he feels it's too girlie and he's super allergic to girlie stuff. So, yeah, I'm so envious that your husband actually like that stuff! I grew up in the Philippines and mosquito netting is a must in my grandparent's house as well as several of my aunts/uncles houses. Their rooms look something like this:

So netting makes me feel like "home". That type of netting you got is "princessy" though. It's a little bit difficult look to pull off in a master's bedroom - it's easier on a little girl's room. I would prefer a full canopy in a master's bedroom to make it look more like a 4-poster - more adult-like. Something like this:

But, you can make that netting you got work. I wouldn't bother putting it behind the headboard. It's good just as it is. If it bothers you while you sleep, you can permanently drape it behind the headboard too and it would still work.

Did you want a tropical look? I can't tell what color your walls are. In the picture, it looks bluish matching the bluish stripes on your bed covers. Your canopy looks like it's pink and it matches your curtains, so the blue and pink is a departure from tropical. @LariP is right that it would look better with floor-length curtains. Your bed covers, if my eyes are right, looks like it has beiges and gold - that would work great with tropical design especially with the dark wood furniture, so you can play up that color and make the bluish/pink accents. So, with the wall color you have, I'd go for a giant frame - the width of the bed and almost to the ceiling to provide the backdrop for that canopy netting - in cream/beige tones of the bedcover. Then I'd complement it with narrow tall frames flanking each side of the same color, or just go with wall-mounted wall sconces that are tall or project light vertically on the wall to hang on the wall instead of table lamps. It seems like you have a narrow wall... if you can squeeze some greenery next to the window that would play up the tropical feel. If you can't fit that, then a tall vase with spindly orchids on the side tables would work to bring out tropical as well.

Check this one out:

It shows a giant frame working with the net.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I think the curtains are white, not pink. You nailed it tho @anatess it has that princessy look. I wonder if it was hung more in the center of the bed it would look more like the pic you posted, the first one. That I do like a lot although I am sure living with it might drive me crazy still. This is how mine is but now I have chocolate brown shears and much prettier bedding. Oh and that godawful peach fan is now painted to be chocolate as well. (or the blades are)

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

We used to have the square netting like the 2nd photo posted in anatess' post. At the time we had a "jungle" type bedroom. I think if you leave it until you finish with accessories, maybe it will all go together.

Always with me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads