So let's spill the beans!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What did you all get for Christmas and what was your favorite gift??

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Although I got a lot of very nice gifts from Joe, a flatscreen for the bedroom, a bulldog calendar, a bra, (yes a bra, lol, and it fits! what man would buy a bra for his wife???) and several other gifts my most FAVORITE was talking to my Eldest son (he's 27) and he has 2 weeks clean!!! It was so nice to hear my son back and not nodding out while we were talking. So many times I have had to say..Brandon are you still there??..He was clear headed and had his funny humour back. He is staying at my mom's right now and she said he looks WONDERFUL!!! That is the best Christmas present I could ever get!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is so good to hear Kelly! I hope he continues the path he is taking so he can make his mama happy, I know how much you adore him. Xxoo

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am so happy for you Kelly. I pray that he will continue to move forward on this path. Great Gift!

I got a oil change, new brakes,perfume,PJ's, Bulldog Calendar, great earrings (from one of our EBN members ETSY store, YEAH) and a check from my mom and dad, always good.

L

Lucy-licious

I can't begin to say how happy I am for you Kelly :hug::cry::hug::D:hug:

I got lots of great gifts and my firm favourite my new Red Blackberry Curve.
I have had an IPhone and a HTC Desire, both touch screen and I really couldnt get to grips with them, but 2 minutes learning a Blackberry and I LOVE IT!!

Buttons girls its all about the buttons :love::rofl::love:

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
That's great news Kelly! My family has been going through the same thing with my little cousin, and he's on the right path now, too. I know its a great relief!! :)

I got triple Bailey button uggs, perfume, a 116 piece flatware set.. So I can host holiday functions! Pj's & cozy sleepers.. And much more.. It was a great Christmas, so much to be thankful for this year, a lot of my family has had major health problems in 2011.. And we were all together, what a blessing!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank you all as I am sitting here in tears, you know I don't let my co-workers know, well actually no one knows so I don't have anyone to vent/cry when I need to or share the good news!!
I have had such a hard year with Brandon, thought for sure I was going to loose him permantly to Herion, but I have also had a very blessed year with my husband. I almost gave up a few times, then I have to remind myself (through the therapy I have been getting) IF Brandon ever gets his life back and I gave up mine to help him well enable him as I did all last year, then when he is all good and on the right path, that leaves me alone and divorced. Tough choices I had to make between my son and my new husband. Enableing him was just helping him kill himself. When they say tough love, trust me I KNOW what tough love is. I have sat many nights feeling guilty and crying.

Here's to a new year and hopefully a new beginning!! Brandon faces 4 felony charges in a month. I am hoping with him getting clean on his own, and having to do random drug test it will help his case.

Love to all!!! xoxo

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so happy Brandon is turning his life around, that is the most wonderful gift to himself as well as his family!
My favorite gift this year was a donation to the Oregon Food Bank.
I need to add that I am hard to buy for.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Kelly...your gift IS the best ever. Someone saving themselves from something like drugs is honestly a very precious thing..I so hope he keeps on this path. But..I see another gift in your story. You have given yourself a great gift too. Your OWN happiness. This is the only life you get..live it for yourself. Your son will hopefully realize THIS is his ONLY turn around the block too and learn to love himself too much to use drugs. :hug: to you Kelly!!
As far as my gifts..too many..too wonderful...but one of the best was my hubby taking my grandaughter to the SAME schoolgrounds he taught both our daughters to ride at...and he taught her to ride her shiny new 2 wheeler Schwinn..no more training wheels! Woo Hoo!! I told him."you just gave Ayden a life memory"..and those can't be wrapped!!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
That is good to hear Kelly!! :heart:

I didn't get much this year. I told family that it was all for the kids. :luv: My mom of course didnt listen and got me a Kindle. Just a basic with WiFi. I have a smart phone so thats all I need.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh Kelly I am so pleased .... we all know the hardships and grief you have had this last year with your son and I am just so happy for you. Two weeks is such a long time in an addicts life and so BRAVO to him for staying on course ... it's all about taking one step at a time!!!!:hug:

Well I had a VERY good Christmas ... I got my iPhone a couple of weeks ago and didn't really expect anything else until after many weeks of talking about it we decided to get Baby Linus!!!!!! So although it's for all of us, I keep telling everybody that Linus is my christmas present and that Tom and Juliet have gone to get him for me!!!! :yes:

I really wasn't expecting anything else, as I think that what I already have was more than enough, but my husband suprised me with two nice big gift cards for Target and TJ Maxx/Marshalls .... my two FAVORITE stores!! :up:

I am a VERY lucky girl this year!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Kelley that's great news I hope he continues on this path and doesn't stray away again :( but I'm so glad HE is willing to get better!

As for gifts I got a awesome slr canon camera, and for a early bday present from my dad and step mom they got me a 75mm-300mm lens!!! I love it so much!! I have a camera bag that I should get this week!! Jeff also got me one of those huge soft blankets that can fit 3 people in it!!! I got Jeff an espresso/ cappuccino machine and I love it lol, yes he loves it too lol. I also got him a blu ray player for the bedroom!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Kelly, what you did to help your son has to be one of the toughest things a parent can do to help their child. My prayers to your son and to you in hopes that he stays on the path to recovery. I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like going through that and not really having anybody to talk to about it, to share the pain.

While I didn't get a watch, my birthday is coming up so there's still hope, my husband got me all kinds of bulldog stuff which really surprised me. My big gift was the bulldog statue I picked up before Thanksgiving which I absolutely love. I got some flameless candles, some gnomes and a flower arrangement to go on my dining room. Then I got some miscellaneous stuff which I'll donate to the auction. :). We had a great day.

Last edited:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I'm so happy for you ... The life of an addict is hard, the life of the MOM of an addict is even harder. Kudos to him on two weeks clean! Every minute, day and hour is such a struggle, I will pray for him. And I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], you gave yourself (and Brandon) a huge gift with your choice. If he doesn't already, he will very much appreciate that one day. :) I was in tears just reading that, I've lost a few friends due to different types of addiction and some are still fighting daily.

As for me, I got the gift of a relaxing Christmas! And some great gifts to keep me comfy ... New Uggs from my parents, an iHome from my hubby (which I really wanted for my bedroom but also to bring with us to the hospital when the baby is ready to show his face), a massage gift certificate from my brothers along with a recipe book for organic doggie treats. :). Oh and hubby had this pic that I loved so much framed for me ... A big one for home and a little one for my desk at work. He's so thoughtful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324944483.010594.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324944483.010594.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 128

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Kelly I am so happy for you!!!! I cant imagine what it is you go thru daily with the guilt etc. You are a wonderful person and deserve the BEST!

Hubby and I didnt exchange anything, well I said a $20 limit for the fun of it. He got me bath salts. Not bad. :) Got some jammies etc from my in laws and the bestest ever gift that I could ever get was from my parents. They went and got every home movie (and there were MANY) and made them all into dvds for all 4 of us kids to have. There is nothing better than having a real true to life memory of all our happy times in our lives. Starting from before I was even born all the way thru last year. AMAZING! I recommend anyone who has videos stuck somewhere to do this. Sierra is also enjoying watching them, all her aunts and uncles, etc. Not sure how they will outdo themselves next year. Last year my mom painted a special picture for each of us 4 kids and didnt think they could top that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.