Thread: So let's spill the beans!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So let's spill the beans!!

Kelly, what you did to help your son has to be one of the toughest things a parent can do to help their child. My prayers to your son and to you in hopes that he stays on the path to recovery. I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like going through that and not really having anybody to talk to about it, to share the pain.

While I didn't get a watch, my birthday is coming up so there's still hope, my husband got me all kinds of bulldog stuff which really surprised me. My big gift was the bulldog statue I picked up before Thanksgiving which I absolutely love. I got some flameless candles, some gnomes and a flower arrangement to go on my dining room. Then I got some miscellaneous stuff which I'll donate to the auction. . We had a great day.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 12-26-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO I'm so happy for you ... The life of an addict is hard, the life of the MOM of an addict is even harder. Kudos to him on two weeks clean! Every minute, day and hour is such a struggle, I will pray for him. And I agree with @JAKEISGREAT, you gave yourself (and Brandon) a huge gift with your choice. If he doesn't already, he will very much appreciate that one day. I was in tears just reading that, I've lost a few friends due to different types of addiction and some are still fighting daily.

As for me, I got the gift of a relaxing Christmas! And some great gifts to keep me comfy ... New Uggs from my parents, an iHome from my hubby (which I really wanted for my bedroom but also to bring with us to the hospital when the baby is ready to show his face), a massage gift certificate from my brothers along with a recipe book for organic doggie treats. . Oh and hubby had this pic that I loved so much framed for me ... A big one for home and a little one for my desk at work. He's so thoughtful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbytapatalk1324944483-010594-jpg  
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Kelly I am so happy for you!!!! I cant imagine what it is you go thru daily with the guilt etc. You are a wonderful person and deserve the BEST!

Hubby and I didnt exchange anything, well I said a $20 limit for the fun of it. He got me bath salts. Not bad. Got some jammies etc from my in laws and the bestest ever gift that I could ever get was from my parents. They went and got every home movie (and there were MANY) and made them all into dvds for all 4 of us kids to have. There is nothing better than having a real true to life memory of all our happy times in our lives. Starting from before I was even born all the way thru last year. AMAZING! I recommend anyone who has videos stuck somewhere to do this. Sierra is also enjoying watching them, all her aunts and uncles, etc. Not sure how they will outdo themselves next year. Last year my mom painted a special picture for each of us 4 kids and didnt think they could top that.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

I have my first car still, a beautiful 1967 Ford Mustang that was sorely in need of a radio. My wonderful husband bought me a replica mustang radio complete with old fashioned knobs! However, the radio I up to date with technology. Not sure if I love my car, husband or Arnold more now, lol

I'm a good girl, I promise

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw kelly that is so wonderful the gift both you and your son got. i got teary and happy reading your story. i so hope it continues and that this new year brings much better things for your family. i have dated people with addiction (coke) and have a brother with an alcohol addiction so i do feel for you. many blessing for the new year.

i got a new printer for my computer which was very needed, clothes, blankets, money. i had a very nice christmas. couldnt have asked for more.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Although I got a lot of very nice gifts from Joe, a flatscreen for the bedroom, a bulldog calendar, a bra, (yes a bra, lol, and it fits! what man would buy a bra for his wife???) and several other gifts my most FAVORITE was talking to my Eldest son (he's 27) and he has 2 weeks clean!!! It was so nice to hear my son back and not nodding out while we were talking. So many times I have had to say..Brandon are you still there??..He was clear headed and had his funny humour back. He is staying at my mom's right now and she said he looks WONDERFUL!!! That is the best Christmas present I could ever get!!!!
    What wonderful news, Kelly!! It is very difficult for a mom to see her child make poor decisions. I have one son that is a troubled soul right now and have had to step back and just watch. It is devastating!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wonderful news Kelly. I know this subject has been a heartbreaking one for a long time. Hopefully good news will continue thru the next year with your son.

Mark and I bought a smart tv for our Christmas present. We still had a tube tv downstairs from when we were first married in 1997. So, we went all out and bought a 55 inch flat screen...

Then he went out a bought me a kindle and a Keurig. So sweet.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Wonderful news Kelly. I know this subject has been a heartbreaking one for a long time. Hopefully good news will continue thru the next year with your son.

Mark and I bought a smart tv for our Christmas present. We still had a tube tv downstairs from when we were first married in 1997. So, we went all out and bought a 55 inch flat screen...

Then he went out a bought me a kindle and a Keurig. So sweet.
    You will love both. I have the Keurig and love it, bought my dad the Kindle and everyone I know that has one LOVES LOVES IT!

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
    Likes (Received)

I will keep you and your family in my prayers . It is great news and what I start to 2012 !

Well I asked for p-js and got 4 sets from hubby and 1 from my daughter. My son sent fluffy slippers which I really need here!
    Dana also got me seasons 1-5 of bones and the film help. Also black eyed peas for the wii,Elmo Welles and cookie monster wellies,( rain boots ),2 silver bulldogs charms ( 1 is slender that's bitzie and chubby 1 Bonez )silver and diamond bracelet ,my daughter also sent a jumper and my me to you 2012 calendar , and some biscuits from home . I feel blessed.
    The other gift I got , I gave myself was joining this site and meeting some truly wonderful people . As homesick as i am , I know 2012 is going to better due to the people I am getting to know on here. X x x x x x x

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by Gold bullies View Post
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers . It is great news and what I start to 2012 !

Well I asked for p-js and got 4 sets from hubby and 1 from my daughter. My son sent fluffy slippers which I really need here!
    Dana also got me seasons 1-5 of bones and the film help. Also black eyed peas for the wii,Elmo Welles and cookie monster wellies,( rain boots ),2 silver bulldogs charms ( 1 is slender that's bitzie and chubby 1 Bonez )silver and diamond bracelet ,my daughter also sent a jumper and my me to you 2012 calendar , and some biscuits from home . I feel blessed.
    The other gift I got , I gave myself was joining this site and meeting some truly wonderful people . As homesick as i am , I know 2012 is going to better due to the people I am getting to know on here. X x x x x x x
    Bulldog charms and Elmo Wellies!! I'm Well Jeal

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold bullies View Post

I know what wellies are! I know..I know! Thanks to @Lucy-licious! and Denise..she told me to use the word "FANNY" as much as possible! That Angie....always looking out for me!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT omg.... Was laughing so hard the pups stopped rough housing and just stared at me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads