Discovered Yoga

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I have been suffering some pretty intense lower back pain, pretty much non-stop for the past several months, and my doctor gave me some stretches to do, but it was not much help. But in the spirit of the stretching idea, I decided to up the perscription and try a yoga class... that is some serious stuff there, and I noticed immediate results... actually, after just a few classes, I am pain free :up:

If it wasn't for the constant pain, I would never have been comfortable going to a class... I thought maybe I would have to provide proof of membership to the gay community or something... and it didn't help when I showed up to class and I was the only male, but the instructor is super, and it doesn't feel like anyone has an issue with me being there :whew:

It really does work in making you feel good... I'd recommend it for anyone.

Does anyone else do yoga?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No --- but my b/f has been wanting to go to a class together.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wanted to try hot yoga for some time now. Will probably join as early as tomorrow :).

Guys are always welcome, as long as the outfit isn't too revealing. lol. j/j.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You're kidding me. My b/f is so against going or even trying ... this coming from a person who has a guy's blue coach wallet. Jeez louise. :p

No kidding... he is always wanting us to do some class together..... UGH! No way.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have been taking yoga for 3+ years and love it. It is only once a week, but I do some at home on my own, too. For me 2 or 3 times a week would be perfect. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] yoga will help your creaky everything. It reminds me of the isometrics of the 70's & 80's. The teachers talk you through all of the poses and they are progressive, the pose you are doing gets you ready for the next one. [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] we usually have 1 or 2 guys in each class. I LOVE YOGA!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have never done yoga but i have done pilates and it made me feel great. not sure why i quit really. hm maybe i should get that tape out again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.