How do you get wrinkles out???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Of a comforter?? I bought a new silk comforter for our bed and I have done everything to get the creases out of it. I threw it in the dryer with a wet towl on delicate, it came out more wrinkled. I mixed 1/4 fabric softner with water and sprayed it down, no help. I know the solution is to take it to the drycleaners but the last one I had was silk and Vegas peed on it and it was $50 bucks to have it cleaned.

Any ideas???? Thanks!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
How frustrating! Not sure what to suggest, I've never had that issue. Maybe you can try using one of those little steamers. You'd have to go out and buy one of course but even if it doesn't work for that they are SO much better than using an iron, quicker and easier!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
All I can think of is to steam it. I have never had silk anything but when I was in college (1960-64) I worked Christmas, spring, and summer vacations at Best's Apparel in Seattle (bought by Nordstrom) and we would steam the silk blouses, suits, etc. before we put them out for sale. Good luck. Maybe the cleaners wouldn't charge so much if they didn't have to clean it, just steam the wrinkles out!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], good thinking!! :up: I will call them and ask. Thanks!!

L

Lucy-licious

Can you hang it somewhere and use the steam from your iron?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION], well you seen Saturday how good I am with an iron since I burned a big hole in my Dam* blouse!!! :ROFL: I would not even attempt it!!!!!!. [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], I called the drycleaner and the girl has to call her boss, I have to call back in 20 min. to get a price.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], I am so glad you had your thinking cap on!!! The drycleaners are only charging me $15.00 to steam my comforter!!! :dancing: Thanks for the great advice.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
How do you get wrinkles out???? cosmetic surgery. lol, I couldn't resist

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] :ROFL::ROFL: Been there done that!! (Botox) I Lived 4 months with my eyelids paralized, much cheaper to cut bangs!! :ROFL:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.