Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge problems with a manager at work. =/

heff101

Default Re: Huge problems with a manager at work. =/

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    I really wouldn't call myself dramatic. I haven't done..anything to her. At all. And I certainly haven't bad mouthed her to anyone. I said something here because I can't say anything in person. I tried talking to her, she ignored me.

Guess I'll just deal with it.
    If you have made an attempt to have a talk with her about things and she is ignoring you then try again. If she ignores you again then I would go to the regional manager.
    9 times out of 10 it is something very small and trivial that can easily be fixed. Seems to your manager right now you are the weakest link and she is picking on you. Maybe attack what she asks you to do with gusto and enthusiasm and perhaps she will drop picking on you so much. If you make it known you are not pleased wit her then you may simply be feeding her fire.
    If you have health issues then you need to deal with those issues 1st and foremost.
    Do they provide sick leave etc?

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

It just makes me so mad because I've been nothing but nice to her. I've been fine with her and have always been enthusiastic. The only day I've done anything remotely bad is when my kidneys were killing me and she just..wasn't being understanding at all.

I went in to the store yesterday to buy dog food and she was at least nice to me then.

I went to the doctor yesterday..probably going back Monday. I don't work those days so it should be okay. As far as sick leave, I'm really not sure?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Have a sit down Lauren. Take proof that you went to the doctor. Be honest...respectful and ask what YOU can do to improve the situation. And DO NOT talk to other employees about any of this stuff.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree. DO NOT talk crap at work to ANYONE. People talk and gossip. Someone may lend you an ear..so you can rant, only to tell the next person. You are an employee of PETCO. That means..you need to do whatever PETCO wants. Is it written in the handbook that you don't have to leave the salon to ask customers what they need or offer help???? I bet it does not. Do not assume that you only get to do salon things. Working at PETCO outside the salon can teach you also. Public interaction will be needed in the future. If you want more hours...work out front. It's the holiday season. Don't go labeling yourself as just a salon person. You might come off as you are too good to do the dirty work. I bet you get better training out front on the phones also. Talk to your manager. Sit down in the office with her. She is doing her job. Try to take a step back and think about it from her perspective. Try being her for a day. I mean...if I needed someone to work the floor and that person keeps wandering off, I'd be pissed. You work for her. Do as she says. Don't complain. If your kidney hurts...stay home.

Don't quit either. Looks bad on the resume. Stick it out. Hold your chin up and smile. Ever notice when you smile..people can't help but smile back? It's natural. Say hi. How can I help you? Your store probably has a 90 day clause. Ours does. They can fire anyone within 90 days if they aren't working out. Don't rely on the salon girls to get you thru this. Be strong. Don't complain. Smile. Offer help. Be proactive. Offer help in other areas of the store. Don't appear to only be available for the work you want to do. Do it all. Kiss a$$. Follow her around asking what else you can do. Get her coffee......Okay. I'm just kidding about the last few.

It seems as if you already have a bad attitude towards work...for several GOOD reasons. Now, you just have to figure out how to turn it around and make it positive. Remember, one day you will have employee's of your own. You will have to manage them. It's not a walk in the park. Make yourself a good employee and go above and beyond your call of duty. Don't let yourself think you are only 'supposed' to do certain things.

Take care.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Libra926 the thing is, I actually ASKED them to train me out in the store. They said no and hired a bunch of other people to work out there. So I'm pretty much stuck in the salon and they send me home early all the damn time. =/

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Well..you DID want to be a groomer! Lauren.. This is what you wanted. You have to start at the bottom and learn..learn...learn. Part of the learning is taking orders and dealing with managers and coworkers. I specifically remember you saying you wouldn't get many hours. I'm pretty sure they operate the grooming section and the general store section as two separate entities. I'm a supporter of yours Lauren,but honestly your negativity is affecting you being able to realize this is YOUR problem. NOT the managers and certainly NOT Petsmarts'. If you are listening to us..you would've ALREADY asked to sit down and clear the air with your mangager. Have you done this? no more feeling sorry for yourself. You've got an opportunity here that you wanted and now it's up to you to make it work. Good Luck!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

But they also told me 20 hours a week, not 10. They lied to me.

I'm trying to not be negative. But they really kind of have been shafting me lately. I have talked to them about it. They won't fix anything.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Talk to your manager..not about hours and all you don't like..talk about what SHE perceives as problems. Be positive..take the 10 hours and try and build on it. Maybe you can get another part time job somewhere else during the holidays. Maybe they just don't have the grooming work to give you extra time. A lot of people might skip that this time of year.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

You have been given a lot of good advice, now it is up to you to follow through. Keep a positive attitude--it will make a huge difference.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I'm livid.

I told the managers I wanted to have a talk with them and hash some things out. So they called me into the office at the very beginning of my shift today.

They didn't tell me one single thing I did good even though I work my BUTT off. But I was trying to take the criticism. I apologized to the one manager t hat has been causing the problems for how I acted the day I had the kidney stone. She said it was fine and she understood. We talked about my other "issues".

Mindy told me she didn't know if she was going to be teaching me to groom now because they don't need a groomer. She flat out PROMISED me when I got hired that I would be learning in january, guaranteed. Now she's probably not training me. Oh, and they promised more hours. What'd they do? ..she told me when I left that I'm cut down to one day a week. 7 hours a week. Yes, I can make payments with that salary.

..I applied at Petsmart when I got off. This is just ridiculous.

heff101

Hopefully no staff from that store read this forum.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

....why would they have?
    Sorry, but I deserve better than them throwing me for a loop like this. They lied.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads