Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Both..I just love it all :)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Neither...Bah Humbug!! :angry:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

Lucy-licious

Which is your favourite part if the holiday period? Do you prefer Christmas joy and the fun if giving and receiving gifts? Or the Party period of New Year?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Both but as we (I anyway) have gotten older NYE doesn't mean all that much. Never stay up that late LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Both! I love the hustle ..bustle of Christmas..but I look forward to A Fresh New Year! Not much of a partier..but last year had about 10 too many Margaritas! :hangover: :ROFL:

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Christmas FTW!!
I could happily scrub New Years Eve from my calendar a bad experience as a child put me off the date forever.
I'll be working until 10pm new years eve then home, bath and jammies followed by a beer or 6 and cuddle before bed :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I truly love both of them!

Christmas time has such a positive energy about it and almost everyone i come in contact with is in such a good mood. That becomes contagious.

New Year's is fun b/c Pasadena gets thousands of people visiting from all over the world for the parade and the Rose Bowl game so the city is very lively. I live just a few blocks away from the parade route so i'm thinking of taking T and F for a walk down there the night before the parade to see all the brave (and looney) people camping out on the sidewalk.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Christmas, nothing like watching the kids open their gifts! The only part I hate is putting things together or getting them out of the 100 ties and tape and gadgets the stores put on them, with a child telling you to hurry!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Most definitely Christmas.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Both, Christmas is my fav but then New Years is such a nice break from life and a good time to party with the family so I wouldnt want to give up either. My sister has New Years every year and we crash over there. I am sure the pics will be posted on fb this year and usually my drinking pics are kinda funny. lmao Having kids we dont get to "play" like we used to so this is one night we celebrate!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I have to say I dont like xmas. But that is because my birthday is two days before. always got jipped as a kid and still it seems to be forgotten. I do like buying gifts for people and watching them open them.
And people seem to get ruder the closer it gets to xmas.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I do like Christmas, don't care much for New Years, usually working anyway and not much of a party'er any more either.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I love Christmas ... love the lights, buying presents for the kids, cooking the Christmas dinner .. everything about it.

New Years Eve has always been a bit of an anti-climax ..... I've done the partying, the staying at home, everything ... and it's all such a disappointment.

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Love the celebration of our Lord Jesus Christ during the Christmas season! Couldn't ask for a better reason to celebrate!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I love Christmas, especially since my sister had her kids! It's so much fun to see them play but my family always did a big Christmas!

I totally agree with [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - New Years NEVER lives up to the hype. And the older I get, I find the passage of time a little depressing.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I totally agree with @kazzy220 - New Years NEVER lives up to the hype. And the older I get, I find the passage of time a little depressing.

What is even more depressing ... is the fact that I find myself falling asleep before midnight comes ......... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.