This or That: Traditional or Fashionable?

This or That: Traditional or Fashionable?

• Traditional, anything goes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Fashionable, colour co-ordinated

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
L

Lucy-licious

I'm talking Christmas trees. Is yours a traditional family tree where anything and everything goes, a fashionable colour co-ordinated tree that matches your home decor? Or something totally different?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We used to have the not-only-color-coordinated-but-also-themed tree with different themes every year. Then the kids came. They would come home from school with these super cheesy paper handprints tied with a ribbon and stuck with candy cane and they would get so upset if we don't hang them on the tree...

So now, we just have - whatever it is you want to hang on the tree - deal. We have antique sleighs rubbing elbows with stringed popcorn and Darth Vader...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Many of the ornaments on our tree have a special meaning to us; Some are from special friends or relatives that are no longer with us and when we decorate it gives us pause to stop in our busy lives to think about these people and what they mean to us.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I have a totally traditional tree with santas, snowmen, robins, big and little baubles, bells and dropplets, and all my Connor made ornaments too :) I love my tree!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We have always had a mismash of ornaments, mostly antique and/or Bulldogs. I am still thinking I won't put up a tree this year because the cat wont leave it alone. I've sold some of my favorite antique ornaments on eBay. All of these years I've been a custodian of these wonderful ornaments and rather than see them get broken, I'm passing them on to someone else.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This Victorian cat is listed now.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I chose other b/c i love both traditonal and not so traditional.
This year I put out three Christmas trees...two of them are your traditional green trees (small, table top ones), and the 3rd is my bright red tree. Over the years I've collected lots and lots of ornaments...many of which are really special to me b/c they were passed down from my mom and many that are as old as I am that my parents packed with them from Indonesia when we moved here. I'm amazed that they are still intact. So, i took great pleasure in decorating my trees this year b/c of all the lovely memories that came with it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We are still building our little collection so no theme as of yet. I do have a grip of the disney ornaments but would also LOVE to have a beautiful themed tree someday too. Right now my tree is a mutt. haha

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have a traditional tree but I put some red glass balls evenly spaced around it so it looks somewhat uniform. But this year, those haven't made it up yet!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I debated over this one, and eventually went with the fashionable colour coordianted tree ...... but as our colour scheme is red, green and gold mainly it could be traditional too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online