It's COLD

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg jeannie how can you not have electric blankets. i have them and it doesnt get that cold here. :eek:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You a funny man Mr. P! :ROFL:

I was kidding but seriously, There is a huge difference between a dry and damp cold. When I lived in Winter Park we would think nothing of going skiing when it was zero or even 10,20 below, but it is absolutely DRY up that high and it doesn't feel nearly as cold as it does here in WI when it is 10,20 ABOVE zero. It is damp here at only about 900' above sea level.
Coldest I ever skied out there was -40.... but we made one run and quit... couldn't breath!! LOL

PS: that was almost 50 years ago when I was young and foolish.. LOL

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I hate to break it to you guys, but we're still in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops. It was a high of 80 today. It's my kind of weather. 60 is too cold for me. 1 degree is like... brrr, I don't even want to think about it...

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
God I'm glad it's not that cold here yet!! You know, in Iowa it usually does get that cold. Last winter was terrible. We've been lucky this year. Today was our first snow fall..usually we have snow before Thanksgiving. Hasn't been too ridiculously cold yet.

we had a day last year that was like -40 with the wind chill. omg awful. haha. And we had "snowmageddon.." like 3 ft of snow overnight. Crazy!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.