Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ok, I just logged onto comcast to check my email and came across the "news" about the New Jersey couple who have lost their 3 kids to foster care. They say that the only reason the state took their children is because they chose to name their kids Nazi-realted names. Adolf Hitler Campbell, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell. The state claims that there is sign of abuse......domestic violence, etc.
The story originally hit the news when the couple wanted the childs full name on his birthday cake. When the store refused, the news spread.....
I couldn't imagine someone putting this type of "weight" on their child. After all, the children are the ones who are going to have to defend their name to everyone they meet. School, college, work. What do you think?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I think that is just disgusting! Obviously the parents are whacked out a bit cuz even if you were the type to think that way it would take an even more crazy type to push that on a baby. I cant imagine! To me coming up with a good name is already stressing cuz you figure they have to live with it forever. Those poor kids! How old are they? Hopefully young enough to not be totally brainwashed by these idiots.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It is sad that their are parents out there that do this. My boss once read that kids born with significant initials Positive like: W.I.N or C.A.N etc turn out to me more successful than those with negative initials like: D.O.G or B.A.D or even the ones that have no meaning at all like W.P.M etc... But no meanings are better than negative ones! I wonder what the studies are for names like this. I would think the same.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
You would think cuz they almost have to live up to them in their minds. Like being called a loser your whole life, it isnt going to make you the most succesful person for the most part, unless you are one of the few who are strong enough to prevail.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Worked! That is just so sad! Those kids are flippin adorable too! Hard to say it is ok to take kids away from a loving home over a name or belief choice but again that is a form of mental abuse I would think. Too bad they arent so quick to act on every childs behalf when there is complete abuse going on and they sit back and do nothing to save them.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I remember when the news story about the cake came out. Now I'm not sure you can say for the names alone they should be taken away from their home but it takes a sick individual to give your children those kind of names. Sick individuals shouldn't be raising children! What a terrible burden to put on your children, giving them names like that!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yes, when I was 3, my mom did not insist on putting "Cheryl Marie" on my cake. Simply "Happy 3rd Birthday Cheryl". To go into a public place and insist they put "Happy 3rd birthday Adolf Hitler" kinda makes you wonder what they were trying to start. Really? If they would have said "happy 3rd birthday Adolf" none of this would have made the news.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow. And they say "Our kids are beautiful kids, they are not going to grow up to hate". This almost made me spill my soda. Do they not understand that what a child is taught to believe is what they will believe?

For example, the other night my son Carson told Noah "I don't even like Jews". Noah came running to tell on his little brother of course, cuz they love to get each other in trouble. So I sat down with Carson and I asked him why he would say such a thing. He told me that there was a Jewish person on a cartoon and he thought that they looked weird. This was when I explained to him that he cannot dislike someone for the way they look, and I also asked him if he thought his doctor looked funny.

He said, "No, my doctor does not look funny, he looks normal".

I said to him, "Well, honey, your doctor is Jewish".

He said, "He is? But why does he not look like the one on the cartoon?"

I told him "Cartoons will sometimes exaggerate features or make certain indviduals look wierd, because they are drawn by hand". I then pulled up famous Jewish people on the internet and asked him what he thought of them. He recognized Adam Sandler (loves Click and Bedtime Stories), and realized he was mistaken with his thoughts, and told me that he does like Jewish people.

I don't even know where I am going with this story but it just reminded me of it.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Good lesson. Great teachings mom!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed!! Those kids are beautiful (little boy could use a haircut). I can't believe they'd give them the names they did and then try to shake it off like it's no big deal. I hope they can at least get those names changed. Their parents are obviously warped!

ohiostatebulldogs

Jul 23, 2010
Wooster Ohio , USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER.! I mean hell im a man with the name Stacy ( imagine the greif i got) i couldnt imagine those names and growing up!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER.! I mean hell im a man with the name Stacy ( imagine the greif i got) i couldnt imagine those names and growing up!

One of our good friends name is Stacey....HE still gets teased, especially from the younger kids who don't realize it's also a man's name.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.