Research Beagles

H

heff101

If this video does not bring a tear to your eye you are not a dog lover.

It is a happy video not a sad one.

[video]Research Beagles Go Outside for the First Time[/video]

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
The link isn't working for me :( I am SURE this would make me cry because not only am I an absolute dog lover, I own a beagle, who I love VERY much so I can imagine this would make me emotional!!! For all those that don't know, the VAST majority of dogs used for research are beagles :(

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Ahh you need to check it out Tessa... Search for research beagles go outside on utube... It's there

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Just saw this on fb and reposted so @tessandsamson if nothing else find it on my page. First thing I saw this morning and of course opened the flood gates right up. ;)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ok so I found it on facebook and watched it. It did make me cry but its better knowing that they are at least in good hands now. I look in those little hound eyes and it just kills me to think of the life they had been living before that point. I told Dave no more beagles but I may have to change my mind and adopt one of those little guys one day...........

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I can't see the link!! Funny...I can have the biggest fight with my husband and not shed a tear, but show me a sad or happy ending animal clip and I am bawling like a baby!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Those poor babies, at least now they are free and can enjoy the rest of their life.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I've clicked this link a few times....and still cannot bring myself to "go all the way" and watch it. I just couldn't do it. For starters, I'd be upset for days from a piece of news like this one. Animals of ANY kind -- even the most ghastly looking -- will find the ONE single soft spot in my old, cold heart. Poverty stricken people, hungry children, breast cancer, child molesters and/or priests - hell; even close friends - will take a backseat in empathy, sympathy, love and/or adoration. I know. Crazy, right? Well, it might just be but my reality and I'm sure I miss out on a lot of things - friendship, familial bonds, etc...etc. - because of my undeniably overly passionate position on all things furry/scaley/feathered or otherwise.

*sigh* Poor babies. I'm grateful and happy they are "free" finally.....

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I can't get the link to work..

I'm afraid to see it though if it's that emotional...anything with animals can make me sad. Those ASPCA commercials get me every time!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Ok so I found it on facebook and watched it. It did make me cry but its better knowing that they are at least in good hands now. I look in those little hound eyes and it just kills me to think of the life they had been living before that point. I told Dave no more beagles but I may have to change my mind and adopt one of those little guys one day...........

I agree Tessa... it's their eyes that tell the story

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
When I hear the first strains of that Sarah McLaughlin song, I IMMEDIATELY change the TV Channel. I can't watch it. It's too heartbreaking for me.

Me too!! Can't watch that commercial.when we adopted our Dena dog..long story short..she had been moved to another humane society by accident (was supposed to be on hold for us) I had to go to the one she was moved to and search every kennel until I found her. I was sobbing and a true mess by the time I found her. I sat in my car in the parking lot..crying so hard I couldn't drive. I called my hubby and he couldn't even understand me! But later he said he was sure I was going to bring as many as I could home. It's so heartbreaking what humans do to creatures..Great and Small. That's why I love all you guys. We know we are amongst friends....

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Me too!! Can't watch that commercial.when we adopted our Dena dog..long story short..she had been moved to another humane society by accident (was supposed to be on hold for us) I had to go to the one she was moved to and search every kennel until I found her. I was sobbing and a true mess by the time I found her. I sat in my car in the parking lot..crying so hard I couldn't drive. I called my hubby and he couldn't even understand me! But later he said he was sure I was going to bring as many as I could home. It's so heartbreaking what humans do to creatures..Great and Small. That's why I love all you guys. We know we are amongst friends....

I have a similiar story, I definitely know how that goes. A couple years ago I had it in my mind that I wanted to volunteer at the OC shelter and after the intro meeting the employees holding the meeting suggested we walk around the shelter. I did and I was a blubbery mess by the time I left, I cried ALL the way home and I swear my face hurt I cried so much. It was particularly hard because there was this female brindle dog that I feel in love with. She looked like a boxer/bully mix and when I put my arm in to pet her she leaned her whole body against my arm and looked up at me with the most sweet eyes. Oh gosh I may cry again just from that memory...........

Oh and I didn't think this would be possible but there were so many people wanting to volunteer that day they couldn't take us all and I didn't get a spot. I would have had to show up again in another couple months at there next meeting. I never went to any more meetings because obviously I don't think I'm cut out for it. Maybe at a no kill shelter but that place is not a no kill shelter :(

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.