Thread: Research Beagles

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Research Beagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    When I hear the first strains of that Sarah McLaughlin song, I IMMEDIATELY change the TV Channel. I can't watch it. It's too heartbreaking for me.
    Me too!! Can't watch that commercial.when we adopted our Dena dog..long story short..she had been moved to another humane society by accident (was supposed to be on hold for us) I had to go to the one she was moved to and search every kennel until I found her. I was sobbing and a true mess by the time I found her. I sat in my car in the parking lot..crying so hard I couldn't drive. I called my hubby and he couldn't even understand me! But later he said he was sure I was going to bring as many as I could home. It's so heartbreaking what humans do to creatures..Great and Small. That's why I love all you guys. We know we are amongst friends....

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Me too!! Can't watch that commercial.when we adopted our Dena dog..long story short..she had been moved to another humane society by accident (was supposed to be on hold for us) I had to go to the one she was moved to and search every kennel until I found her. I was sobbing and a true mess by the time I found her. I sat in my car in the parking lot..crying so hard I couldn't drive. I called my hubby and he couldn't even understand me! But later he said he was sure I was going to bring as many as I could home. It's so heartbreaking what humans do to creatures..Great and Small. That's why I love all you guys. We know we are amongst friends....
    I have a similiar story, I definitely know how that goes. A couple years ago I had it in my mind that I wanted to volunteer at the OC shelter and after the intro meeting the employees holding the meeting suggested we walk around the shelter. I did and I was a blubbery mess by the time I left, I cried ALL the way home and I swear my face hurt I cried so much. It was particularly hard because there was this female brindle dog that I feel in love with. She looked like a boxer/bully mix and when I put my arm in to pet her she leaned her whole body against my arm and looked up at me with the most sweet eyes. Oh gosh I may cry again just from that memory...........

Oh and I didn't think this would be possible but there were so many people wanting to volunteer that day they couldn't take us all and I didn't get a spot. I would have had to show up again in another couple months at there next meeting. I never went to any more meetings because obviously I don't think I'm cut out for it. Maybe at a no kill shelter but that place is not a no kill shelter
    Last edited by TessaAndSamson; 11-30-2011 at 07:01 PM.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    When I hear the first strains of that Sarah McLaughlin song, I IMMEDIATELY change the TV Channel. I can't watch it. It's too heartbreaking for me.
    same here..I can't take it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads