National Dog Show

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
After the MACYS Thanksgiving day parade i started watching (sporadically )
the Natuonal Dog Show...
Anyways , it appears to be sponsored by Purina.
Ine of the commercials is for Purina's Pro Plan dog food. It states that
10 of the top ten AKC Champions are fed Pro Plan.
:cursing:
Can that be true ...?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..they probably sponsor those dogs somehow...sure doesn't seem right! But money talks!! Sherry went to this! She was talking about the Bully in this show!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No way it is true.... they may sponsor and give the food to the owners, but I would seriously doubt the dogs are eating that crap.

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I know a lot of dog owners that treat their dogs like their human kids except they feed them purina or pedigree. Doesn't make sense to me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know a lot of dog owners that treat their dogs like their human kids except they feed them purina or pedigree. Doesn't make sense to me.

Probably never read the ingredients or researched what is really good food opposed to what the media and advertising makes you think is

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well, as a good fur momma, you know I was asking everyone what they feed their dog, and nobody and I mean nobody said Purina, and Purina was giving the stuff away, cat food and dog, all in cans, they had blonde hair'd beauty's running around giving the stuff away, Truth! Sorry Purina for blowing the whistle.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In fact if it matters the white bulldogs momma said she feeds Natural Balance Salmon/fish

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It took years to knock sense into me. I used to feed grocery store junk and someone begged me to try Iams back in the mid 90's. I did and was so happy.

Then I went on the next 15 years or so not knowing that iams was a decent food gone bad, don't know how good it even was when I started to be truthful, but it took EBN to open my eyes. Then came 1000's of hours of research and another year of food trials.

It all boils down to education, and I was as stubborn as they come when it came to changing to a good dog food. And I am at least thankful that feeding your dog a great dog food is starting to be 'trendy' but unfortunately many people will never ever spend that extra $30 a month to get their dog a great food. So Purina will probably be the sponsor of this show and many other things because we know the $$$$ they have goes into advertising and NOT into the food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm guilty in the past too [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] .. We raised many dobermans on Purina Dog Chow...:eek: and with our Rottie..we thought we were so awesome..because she got Eukanuba! :bang:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh yeah, we all did it / some still do it. The woman with the bully winner said she's tried at least 20 different kinds of food til she found what works for this particular dog. So shopping around for what works for you is perfectly fine. If your dog has problems with a food, thank goodness they make more than one kind. And hopefully the owner is smart enough to try something better.

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
What most pple i argue with don't understand is that i may pay more at the counter for my dog food but in the long run it adds up to the same or even less for me :tease: That crap they feed them is full of fillers which mean they eat it and :poo: it and then are hungry again. My dog eats less because she is truely full (of nutrients) and will :poo: less too! Less :poo: Lower amount of food consumed and its good for her. Win win win for me..... :hahaha:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
After the MACYS Thanksgiving day parade i started watching (sporadically )
the Natuonal Dog Show...
Anyways , it appears to be sponsored by Purina.
Ine of the commercials is for Purina's Pro Plan dog food. It states that
10 of the top ten AKC Champions are fed Pro Plan.
:cursing:
Can that be true ...?

Everytime that commercial came on, I said outloud: "BULLSH*T". I don't believe it. :nonono:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online