I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've never been to LV but my hubby would love to go! Your trip is far enough away for you to start doing your homework and hopefully find some deals. Look at Lastminute.com too for deals and some other interesting ideas of stuff to do and places to visit.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well we fly usually and dont get a rental so you will be ok without one unless you have serious exploring on your mind. Taxis are cheap enough to get where you need and so easy to access that is all we use. Walking is half the fun so we usually walk then to get back to our hotel if we are tired jump in a cab. When are you wanting to go again? We are going in March and even that is plenty of time to search out the deals.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] thanks for the tips! I think I've seen some of those sites. can't remember where I found the $320 deal from. if you see anything cheaper, let me know, lol!

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] oh I have no intention to come back with any money, LOL, so I'm good there. :p most likely Tim will be doing the gambling. I doubt I'll do much at all.

[MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION] we'll probably walk..or take those shuttle bus things. I went with my Dad when I was younger.. I was in junior high so I really couldn't do much at all. But it was like 110+ the whole time we were there..haha it was bad. But we walked everywhere..took the bus things everywhere else. Didn't pay for transportation once. I do remember it being a lot of walking and getting tired though, lol. But that's okay. Which hotels are you signed up with that send good deals?? I'd be really curious to see those.

Still gotta try and find a really good deal since I'm so cheap, LOL. I've been trying to sell paintings to raise some money. xD

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
@kazy220 I'll check out that site, thanks!

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] we are wanting to go in May. seems so far away, lol. My birthday is April 30th so we'd probably go May 1-4 or something like that? Not entirely sure yet. Thinking we'll go out the day after my birthday. We're planning on doing mostly walking I think

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Also if you check in late (as in like 2am~ish) you have a better chance at getting a free upgrade. Just so you know. BUT I think you have to book thru the hotel itself and not the deal sites for them to consider. When we got married my cousin was so mad that their 10 o'clock flight was delayed a long time. She finally got to the hotel to check in around 1 or 2 and they upgraded their room to a 2 room suite. I was mad cuz I paid extra just to have the 1 room version of a suite. haha If you go, check your bags at the desk and go party as long as you can. Then come back to check in before bedtime and maybe you will get lucky. ;) Gawd I :heart: Vegas!
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] you should go in March with us. ;) BUT we are going in a group of crazies so most people probably couldnt handle the partying we are going to do. hahahahaha

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] haha knowing me and Tim, we'd go check in right away just because we are worry warts!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@kazzy220 you should go in March with us. ;) BUT we are going in a group of crazies so most people probably couldnt handle the partying we are going to do. hahahahaha

Oh believe me ....... I know how to party!!! :yes: :whistle: :up:

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] I am signed up with Wynn Ceasers Venetian Stratosphere and Hooters...make sure you get some comfy walking shoes and do visit the malls in the hotels which are pretty cool and most of them are entertaining

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION] thanks for the tips!

My dad gave me the money for my plane ticket for Christmas. Now to try and save up Tim's stuff and spending money. lol.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION], LOL, no worries, I won't end up married!!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I DID!!!!!! and I did it sober!
\

I renewed my wedding vows in Vegas with my now ex (long story that involves a lot of cuss words, lol). WE did a drive through with the kids in back, lol!!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have always loved the idea of renewing vows in Vegas...I think I would be very happy if I could get a Darth Vadar or someone equally nerdy to officiate. :lol:

[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] - the places at the ends of the Strip can often be cheaper since you have to walk a bit to get to more of where "the action" is. Also if you are able to go during the week, you can find some great deals. For instance, I signed up on the Luxor (which is a bit run down but still neat to stay at) for email deals and I got a room for three nights for $29 a night. Plus, it is still not that far from things either. Like other people said too, check out package deals on sites like Expedia. The good thing about Vegas is there are free fun things, like seeing the fountain at the Bellagio, the pirate show at TI, lions at the MGM grand. And there are a ton of smaller shows that you can get really cheap tickets to.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.