I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We'll be in Orlando doing all the typical tourist attractions. Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World etc.... and this time I'm hoping for a trip to Miami since I had to endure all those rockets at the Kennedy Space Centre, last time we were there.
Chris wants to explore more this time too since we have already been once and done "everything". So were gonna look at where else we can go that is less commercial so we actually feel we have seen some of Florida too.

Any suggestions will be greatly recieved :D

We are about 90 mins north of Orlando and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], you are about the same right? Maybe we can meet up in Orlando for a day trip. Kelly will most likely have more ideas of Florida type places to see. I am in North Florida...more red-neck country, not your tropical beach type.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] and [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], yes I am about 90 min. from Orlando too. I lived in South Beach, Miami 7 years before I moved to Bradenton, so I know all about South Beach, but it is nothing but club after club drinking and partying 24/7, lots of reasturants Waaay overpriced, A total tourist trap, it is not a "family" type atmosphere. Where I live now is more family geared. The beach is about 20 min. away now. I used to live about 8 min. from it.

L

Lucy-licious

@Lucy-licious! and @Bella'sMom , yes I am about 90 min. from Orlando too. I lived in South Beach, Miami 7 years before I moved to Bradenton, so I know all about South Beach, but it is nothing but club after club drinking and partying 24/7, lots of reasturants Waaay overpriced, A total tourist trap, it is not a "family" type atmosphere. Where I live now is more family geared. The beach is about 20 min. away now. I used to live about 8 min. from it.

So Miami is not a great idea then. Chris and Connor dont want to go anyway, and I dont want to go anywhere thats not great for the family.

We will look at Brandleton on the internet and we may head out there instead :D
And It would be wonderful if we could all get together whilst I am there :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
The Gulf coast has wonderful Beaches. You can hit Sanibel island, heard that is the place for shells.

The closest thing to us to visit, more adult, is St Augustine. Shopping down the cobblestones streets, touring the Fort and Light House, very historic but not a huge kid attraction.

Let me know the dates you will be in Orlando, I will make the trip to see you. If you are driving down and need a night to rest, we are just off 95.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The Gulf coast has wonderful Beaches. You can hit Sanibel island, heard that is the place for shells.

The closest thing to us to visit, more adult, is St Augustine. Shopping down the cobblestones streets, touring the Fort and Light House, very historic but not a huge kid attraction.

Let me know the dates you will be in Orlando, I will make the trip to see you. If you are driving down and need a night to rest, we are just off 95.

:hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :shout: WELL I AM ONLY 3000 miles AWAY!! I MEAN REALLY PEOPLE!!! :shout:

Lauren..sorry to hijack your thread!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] Sorry to be the party pooper, but I'm not sure if Vegas is a great idea. Sure it'd be fun (I just turned 21 in June) and I would have loved to go out there. But I know you just started a new job so time off may not be the best. Plus I remember from an older thread you posted that you had trouble even paying for your medications. Health has to come before fun. Plus since you've never gone out before even just going out to some bars near you will be a fun, new experience.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Apparently I need to be going to Florida, lol.

[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] I don't pay for my medications? lol. I have insurance and my mom picks up the rest. Also, I don't work alot so I can probably easily get time off. I've never missed a shift and work extra when needed. I doubt they'd have a problem with me taking a vacation; everyone else does it.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
You had posted "Some background info as well that's a huge part of this. I have major depression. Extremely bad depression to the point where if I miss my medication, I feel like committing suicide. I try my best to be happy but it's just so hard sometimes. I go to therapy, I take medication. I don't take as much medication as I need, because quite frankly..we can't afford it. The anti depressant I'm on is not cheap. =/ We're talking $70 a month WITH insurance..I have good insurance..."

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
But I think you should keep the party bus idea in mind. Was SO much fun, seriously! A much better plan $-wise anyhow and you wont wake up with regrets of spending too much. Vegas is a town you dont wanna have to skimp on. lol Maybe you could save for something bigger like Vegas and just do the party bus this year. Heck I didnt even go to Vegas until I was in my later 20's and I am only 3 or 4 hours away. ;) Seriously for 20 people it was 40 per person for 4 hours. Not bad at all!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] it would be fun but I seriously have like no friends. It'd be me and tim on a bus..

@sara mom pays for it now...so it's okay.

I can pretty much get the ticket price covered with christmas money. I can save up some spending money, that's easier than a big flight.
Plus Tim can save up some money for us. He said he would.

I just haven't had a good birthday in years so I really want to go. The last birthday I looked forward to was 16 and u got molested by my moms ex on that one..good day. When 18 rolled around everyone bailed on me and went and drank instead. I just really want / need to do something I'd enjoy.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], I encourage you to go to Las Vegas if that's what you want to do for your 21st b-day! Life is way too short to not enjoy ourselves especially on special occasions like birthdays. Check out all the travel sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity for deals. Also Travelzoo is a good site for travel. If i find any info for bargains for you i'll let you know. I've been wanting to go to LV myself...i haven't been in about 20years when I did my national pharmacy boards there. I've heard so much has changed since then, lol!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], I encourage you to go to Las Vegas if that's what you want to do for your 21st b-day! Life is way too short to not enjoy ourselves especially on special occasions like birthdays. Check out all the travel sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity for deals. Also Travelzoo is a good site for travel. If i find any info for bargains for you i'll let you know. I've been wanting to go to LV myself...i haven't been in about 20years when I did my national pharmacy boards there. I've heard so much has changed since then, lol!

I havent been in 6 years and so much has changed. lol In 20 years.... my gosh you are going to need to do 3 trips to see everything. lol. I agree tho [MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] if this is what you wanna do, then do it. Just do not expect to come home with any money. lol. Take what you plan on spending and expect it will be spent, then if you come home with any you will be surprised.;)I hear imperial palace has some great prices. The rooms are a bit run down from what I have heard but if a budget is what you want they are right in the middle of everything and $ wise perfect too. ;)

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
if youre flying then add on a car rental also unless youre willing to walk alot...we walked our first night there and were so exhausted going from one end of the strip to the other...rest of the week we drove from hotel to hotel and walked their malls which are pretty neat in themselves....then of course have to visit Fremont Street at night which is alot of fun...and we drove from Texas so that was a total of about 17 hrs with an extra 2 hrs for visiting Hoover Dam but i think theyre done with the overpass so you dont have to stop just bypass it if you drive.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
oh yeah...one more thing you can do is sign up with some of the hotels for emails and they tend to send weekly deals for certain dates...i get them from several hotels and usually a good deal on rooms due to off season

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.