I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I can dream, right?? LOL.

So I'm 20 right now.. I'll be 21 next year on April 30th. I'm thinking about going to Las Vegas with Tim from May 1st to May 4th.

I think it would be a BLAST. I've never gone out and "partied" or anything like that, lol. I'm so low key and haven't really ever gotten to do anything like this. I've worked so hard and been through a lot in the past few years and I think I deserve it, haha.

Just trying to figure out how to make this work. Tim can save up money. But I don't make diddley squat at my job with having to pay for my car payments and car insurance. Hm. I can get some money from my Dad for Christmas..but not enough to cover it.

So far the cheapest I've seen is $330 per person, including hotel and air fare. Which isn't really that bad, is it???

Anyone have any tips for me?? Like how I can find some good deals? Any recommendations??

If anyone's curious, I'd be flying out from Moline, IL.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Why not road trip to sin City... be a nice way to spend quality time with the b/f.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Not sure if $330 is a good deal, depends on how many nights at a hotel you are talking about. I did Vegas for my 21st birthday and it was a BLAST! Lucky for me though here in southern california it's only a 3 hour drive away so it doesn't require the same level of saving and planning. If you can do it, DO IT!!!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
We thought about driving...but I don't know. It's one long drive from IA to NV..and it's boring, I've done it before. It's over 12 hours if I remember correctly. Also, I get car sick, lol.

I want to be able to spend as much time actually in Vegas as possible.

The $320 thing is for the air fare and then three nights in a nice hotel.

I think it would be so much fun...ahhhh I really wanna go guys! So bad!

L

Lucy-licious

Chris is 40 on the 7th May and if I can save enough I really want to treat him and take him to Vegas on the 4th for the long weekend.
I don't hold out much hope though because we are in Florida on 25th May for 2 weeks so two stateside trips in 1 month may be more than my poor little purse can handle :(

On the up side [MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], if we do get there and you go too we could meet up, if you don't mind hangin with some oldies that is :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Wow wouldn't that be awesome if you two could meet up while there!

Lauren, would heavy hints to your parents perhaps persuade one of them to gift the tickets so that you would only need to save up the spending money?

H

heff101

I have 1 tip for you:

STAY AWAY FROM VEGAS

Its a money pit.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] Where in Florida are you coming? I live here and so does [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] in two different areas??????

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I am all for Vegas for your bday but you DO need spending money. NOTHING is free in Vegas not even the free drinks. On that note you can actually do it on a budget if you stick with the cheap penny slots etc. Did you look at southwest? They are having great deals right now but not sure bout coming from your area. Also since we are in the process of planning a trip, which hotel have you looked at? I found that ballys is one of the cheapest and I like it there, stayed there for our wedding. I think they have like $50/night rooms. And if you go say sunday monday tues it is cheaper than fri and sat nights. Something to consider also. If you stay at a place like vdara they have little kitchenettes so that could help save you money if you like to cook. They say you get the better deals if you go thru each place specifically, not just a big site that "hooks you up" with deals. Might wanna go to each site and see how much they quote you at. Vegas is a PARTY and I highly recommend it to everyone BUT you do have to be prepared some with money. I have friends who carry a backpack and fill it with beer etc and then drink that instead of buying expensive drinks from bars. Another great cheap idea since you can walk down the street with beer in your hand. (my kind of town!)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just don't drink too much, you may wake up married!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Chris is 40 on the 7th May and if I can save enough I really want to treat him and take him to Vegas on the 4th for the long weekend.
I don't hold out much hope though because we are in Florida on 25th May for 2 weeks so two stateside trips in 1 month may be more than my poor little purse can handle :(

On the up side [MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], if we do get there and you go too we could meet up, if you don't mind hangin with some oldies that is :D

:shout: ANGIE! Vegas is like 5 hours from me! If you go..I am SO there!! :dancing:

Also my daughters wedding is May 26... Awwww..you'll be closer!!

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

@Lucy-licious! Where in Florida are you coming? I live here and so does @Bella'sMom in two different areas??????

We'll be in Orlando doing all the typical tourist attractions. Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World etc.... and this time I'm hoping for a trip to Miami since I had to endure all those rockets at the Kennedy Space Centre, last time we were there.
Chris wants to explore more this time too since we have already been once and done "everything". So were gonna look at where else we can go that is less commercial so we actually feel we have seen some of Florida too.

Any suggestions will be greatly recieved :D

L

Lucy-licious

:shout: ANGIE! Vegas is like 5 hours from me! If you go..I am SO there!! :dancing:

Also my daughters wedding is May 26... Awwww..you'll be closer!!

OMG that would be amazing...I will now have to try harder to save my pennies for the Vegas trip aswell as the family holiday.
I'm really dont think I'll manage it as the dates are too close. But I will try xx

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I think I can get $300 for Christmas and $100 for my birthday from my dad..if I take cash instead of presents. I'm thinking it's worth it!

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] I'd love to meet you guys! When would you actually be going, if you do? it'd be awesome to see you too [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.