Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

@cali~jenn it would be fun but I seriously have like no friends. It'd be me and tim on a bus..

@sara mom pays for it now...so it's okay.

I can pretty much get the ticket price covered with christmas money. I can save up some spending money, that's easier than a big flight.
    Plus Tim can save up some money for us. He said he would.

I just haven't had a good birthday in years so I really want to go. The last birthday I looked forward to was 16 and u got molested by my moms ex on that one..good day. When 18 rolled around everyone bailed on me and went and drank instead. I just really want / need to do something I'd enjoy.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

You will have fun nomatter what you do.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@laurendoodler, I encourage you to go to Las Vegas if that's what you want to do for your 21st b-day! Life is way too short to not enjoy ourselves especially on special occasions like birthdays. Check out all the travel sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity for deals. Also Travelzoo is a good site for travel. If i find any info for bargains for you i'll let you know. I've been wanting to go to LV myself...i haven't been in about 20years when I did my national pharmacy boards there. I've heard so much has changed since then, lol!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    @laurendoodler, I encourage you to go to Las Vegas if that's what you want to do for your 21st b-day! Life is way too short to not enjoy ourselves especially on special occasions like birthdays. Check out all the travel sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity for deals. Also Travelzoo is a good site for travel. If i find any info for bargains for you i'll let you know. I've been wanting to go to LV myself...i haven't been in about 20years when I did my national pharmacy boards there. I've heard so much has changed since then, lol!
    I havent been in 6 years and so much has changed. lol In 20 years.... my gosh you are going to need to do 3 trips to see everything. lol. I agree tho @laurendoodler if this is what you wanna do, then do it. Just do not expect to come home with any money. lol. Take what you plan on spending and expect it will be spent, then if you come home with any you will be surprised.I hear imperial palace has some great prices. The rooms are a bit run down from what I have heard but if a budget is what you want they are right in the middle of everything and $ wise perfect too.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

if youre flying then add on a car rental also unless youre willing to walk alot...we walked our first night there and were so exhausted going from one end of the strip to the other...rest of the week we drove from hotel to hotel and walked their malls which are pretty neat in themselves....then of course have to visit Fremont Street at night which is alot of fun...and we drove from Texas so that was a total of about 17 hrs with an extra 2 hrs for visiting Hoover Dam but i think theyre done with the overpass so you dont have to stop just bypass it if you drive.

"So Let It Be Written"

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

oh yeah...one more thing you can do is sign up with some of the hotels for emails and they tend to send weekly deals for certain dates...i get them from several hotels and usually a good deal on rooms due to off season

"So Let It Be Written"

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I've never been to LV but my hubby would love to go! Your trip is far enough away for you to start doing your homework and hopefully find some deals. Look at Lastminute.com too for deals and some other interesting ideas of stuff to do and places to visit.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well we fly usually and dont get a rental so you will be ok without one unless you have serious exploring on your mind. Taxis are cheap enough to get where you need and so easy to access that is all we use. Walking is half the fun so we usually walk then to get back to our hotel if we are tired jump in a cab. When are you wanting to go again? We are going in March and even that is plenty of time to search out the deals.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@cali baker thanks for the tips! I think I've seen some of those sites. can't remember where I found the $320 deal from. if you see anything cheaper, let me know, lol!

@cali~jenn oh I have no intention to come back with any money, LOL, so I'm good there. most likely Tim will be doing the gambling. I doubt I'll do much at all.

@kiss1069 we'll probably walk..or take those shuttle bus things. I went with my Dad when I was younger.. I was in junior high so I really couldn't do much at all. But it was like 110+ the whole time we were there..haha it was bad. But we walked everywhere..took the bus things everywhere else. Didn't pay for transportation once. I do remember it being a lot of walking and getting tired though, lol. But that's okay. Which hotels are you signed up with that send good deals?? I'd be really curious to see those.

Still gotta try and find a really good deal since I'm so cheap, LOL. I've been trying to sell paintings to raise some money. xD

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@kazy220 I'll check out that site, thanks!

@cali~jenn we are wanting to go in May. seems so far away, lol. My birthday is April 30th so we'd probably go May 1-4 or something like that? Not entirely sure yet. Thinking we'll go out the day after my birthday. We're planning on doing mostly walking I think

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Also if you check in late (as in like 2am~ish) you have a better chance at getting a free upgrade. Just so you know. BUT I think you have to book thru the hotel itself and not the deal sites for them to consider. When we got married my cousin was so mad that their 10 o'clock flight was delayed a long time. She finally got to the hotel to check in around 1 or 2 and they upgraded their room to a 2 room suite. I was mad cuz I paid extra just to have the 1 room version of a suite. haha If you go, check your bags at the desk and go party as long as you can. Then come back to check in before bedtime and maybe you will get lucky. Gawd I Vegas!
    @kazzy220 you should go in March with us. BUT we are going in a group of crazies so most people probably couldnt handle the partying we are going to do. hahahahaha

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn haha knowing me and Tim, we'd go check in right away just because we are worry warts!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads