Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

Lucy-licious

Default Re: I want to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @Lucy-licious! Where in Florida are you coming? I live here and so does @Bella'sMom in two different areas??????
    We'll be in Orlando doing all the typical tourist attractions. Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World etc.... and this time I'm hoping for a trip to Miami since I had to endure all those rockets at the Kennedy Space Centre, last time we were there.
    Chris wants to explore more this time too since we have already been once and done "everything". So were gonna look at where else we can go that is less commercial so we actually feel we have seen some of Florida too.

Any suggestions will be greatly recieved

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    ANGIE! Vegas is like 5 hours from me! If you go..I am SO there!!

Also my daughters wedding is May 26... Awwww..you'll be closer!!
    OMG that would be amazing...I will now have to try harder to save my pennies for the Vegas trip aswell as the family holiday.
    I'm really dont think I'll manage it as the dates are too close. But I will try xx

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@LariP I think I can get $300 for Christmas and $100 for my birthday from my dad..if I take cash instead of presents. I'm thinking it's worth it!

@Lucy-licious! I'd love to meet you guys! When would you actually be going, if you do? it'd be awesome to see you too @JAKEISGREAT!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    We'll be in Orlando doing all the typical tourist attractions. Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World etc.... and this time I'm hoping for a trip to Miami since I had to endure all those rockets at the Kennedy Space Centre, last time we were there.
    Chris wants to explore more this time too since we have already been once and done "everything". So were gonna look at where else we can go that is less commercial so we actually feel we have seen some of Florida too.

Any suggestions will be greatly recieved
    We are about 90 mins north of Orlando and @KMARINO, you are about the same right? Maybe we can meet up in Orlando for a day trip. Kelly will most likely have more ideas of Florida type places to see. I am in North Florida...more red-neck country, not your tropical beach type.

Always with me

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@Lucy-licious! and @Bella'sMom, yes I am about 90 min. from Orlando too. I lived in South Beach, Miami 7 years before I moved to Bradenton, so I know all about South Beach, but it is nothing but club after club drinking and partying 24/7, lots of reasturants Waaay overpriced, A total tourist trap, it is not a "family" type atmosphere. Where I live now is more family geared. The beach is about 20 min. away now. I used to live about 8 min. from it.

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @Lucy-licious! and @Bella'sMom , yes I am about 90 min. from Orlando too. I lived in South Beach, Miami 7 years before I moved to Bradenton, so I know all about South Beach, but it is nothing but club after club drinking and partying 24/7, lots of reasturants Waaay overpriced, A total tourist trap, it is not a "family" type atmosphere. Where I live now is more family geared. The beach is about 20 min. away now. I used to live about 8 min. from it.
    So Miami is not a great idea then. Chris and Connor dont want to go anyway, and I dont want to go anywhere thats not great for the family.

We will look at Brandleton on the internet and we may head out there instead
    And It would be wonderful if we could all get together whilst I am there

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

The Gulf coast has wonderful Beaches. You can hit Sanibel island, heard that is the place for shells.

The closest thing to us to visit, more adult, is St Augustine. Shopping down the cobblestones streets, touring the Fort and Light House, very historic but not a huge kid attraction.

Let me know the dates you will be in Orlando, I will make the trip to see you. If you are driving down and need a night to rest, we are just off 95.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    The Gulf coast has wonderful Beaches. You can hit Sanibel island, heard that is the place for shells.

The closest thing to us to visit, more adult, is St Augustine. Shopping down the cobblestones streets, touring the Fort and Light House, very historic but not a huge kid attraction.

Let me know the dates you will be in Orlando, I will make the trip to see you. If you are driving down and need a night to rest, we are just off 95.
    WELL I AM ONLY 3000 miles AWAY!! I MEAN REALLY PEOPLE!!!

Lauren..sorry to hijack your thread!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

@laurendoodler Sorry to be the party pooper, but I'm not sure if Vegas is a great idea. Sure it'd be fun (I just turned 21 in June) and I would have loved to go out there. But I know you just started a new job so time off may not be the best. Plus I remember from an older thread you posted that you had trouble even paying for your medications. Health has to come before fun. Plus since you've never gone out before even just going out to some bars near you will be a fun, new experience.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Apparently I need to be going to Florida, lol.

@Sarah I don't pay for my medications? lol. I have insurance and my mom picks up the rest. Also, I don't work alot so I can probably easily get time off. I've never missed a shift and work extra when needed. I doubt they'd have a problem with me taking a vacation; everyone else does it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

You had posted "Some background info as well that's a huge part of this. I have major depression. Extremely bad depression to the point where if I miss my medication, I feel like committing suicide. I try my best to be happy but it's just so hard sometimes. I go to therapy, I take medication. I don't take as much medication as I need, because quite frankly..we can't afford it. The anti depressant I'm on is not cheap. =/ We're talking $70 a month WITH insurance..I have good insurance..."

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

But I think you should keep the party bus idea in mind. Was SO much fun, seriously! A much better plan $-wise anyhow and you wont wake up with regrets of spending too much. Vegas is a town you dont wanna have to skimp on. lol Maybe you could save for something bigger like Vegas and just do the party bus this year. Heck I didnt even go to Vegas until I was in my later 20's and I am only 3 or 4 hours away. Seriously for 20 people it was 40 per person for 4 hours. Not bad at all!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads