Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
IMG_0672.jpg

This is sort of a "cheat" or shortcut recipe of one of my favorites, pineapple upside down cake. I used a vanilla cake mix which made baking this so simple and quick. Quick is important, right? Afterall, the quicker it's made, the sooner it can be eaten!

The mix I used was from Trader Joe's. I'm sure you can substitute it with most any other vanilla cake mix but if you can get to a Trader Joe's in your area, give this vanilla mix a try.

Here's the recipe:

• [*=1]1 package TJ's Vanilla Cake Mix[*=1]1 1/4 stick Unsalted Butter[*=1]2 Eggs[*=1]1 cup Milk[*=1]4 tbsp Brown sugar[*=1]2 cups Frozen Pineapple Tidbits
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 stick of butter, 2 eggs, and milk with the Vanilla Cake Mix; set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and remaining 1/4 stick of butter; mix until all the brown sugar has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Carefully pour the syrup into the bottom of a cake pan, lay the pineapple pieces over the syrup, and then fill with the cake mix. Place inside the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until you can pierce the center with a toothpick, and have it come out clean (also you can give it a quick shake; if it jiggles like gelatin, give it more time). Let cool. Carefully put a plate over the cake pan and flip it over so the pineapples are on top...Enjoy!Serves: 5 - 6
Cooking Time: 40 - 50 Minutes

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online