Leather Furniture?

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I have had my new leather couch and loveseat for the last two weeks, I too had concerns and posted them. What I can say is I LOVE THEM!!!! I do not have any cats (yet) Joe wants one really bad, guess what he is getting for Christmas?? Lol...I am going to go to the pound and adopt, hopefully one declawed but if not it soon will be.

My older cat, who is a little over 10 years old, is declawed in the front. She never scratched my furniture, but at the time my Mom was keeping her for me most weekends & she was scratching up my Mom's chair. So I felt like I didn't have a choice. I had no clue how bad it was going to be. And I will NEVER do that to another cat. EVER. No way. It was so pitiful. Not to mention she boycotted the special newspaper litter you have to use after it's done, & started peeing everywhere... including on my bed! I felt so bad b/c like her spay, it wasn't completely necessary. It's your own personal decision, but just do a lot of research & know it's not a simple procedure. It's an amputation. Actually, 10 amputations for the front feet. It traumatized me as much as it did my cat. I have another cat that is not declawed. She's 9 years old now. She has her fave scratching post & doesn't mess with anything else. The only claw damage done is from them jumping on & off the furniture. The top of the nightstand in my bedroom is destroyed on top b/c they love to jump up there & lay in the window. That's what concerns me about leather furniture... not them intentionally scratching it, but it getting 'accidentally' scratched when they're jumping up or down. So even if you get the front feet done, you still have those back claws. I would suggest searching high & low to adopt one that's already declawed so you won't have to go through it. I can tell you from experience, it sucked! :cry:

Chloe & Yoda in what was a basket of clean blankets & towels.

100_5899.jpg

Kristin

Oct 31, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
George
My parents had bonded/micro type leather that isn't great for the claws, I thought it cracked and scratched mroe easily. My husband and I have leather...and the better quality you get, the softer more plyable it is to resist scratching. We have a few scratches but George's nails are very sharp after being cut and he will not let us file them; now that he is becoming a better jumper the issue isn't as bad. When he was just a few months he would jump up and not have the muslce strength to lower himself down so he would slowly drag and slowly scratch the edge as he slid off. I also condition my leather 2x a year; it takes 10 minutes for 2 recliners and 1 sofa. We live and the NE part of the US and with the weather changes I like to ensure it has all the moisture it needs so it will not crack. I'm not sure how cats would be with it because I am allergic so we've never had one but I can attest I have a huge family and there are always kids bouncing and jumping and spilling milk on my furniture...wipe it with a damp cloth and it's ready for round two. Best of luck with your furniture shopping!

B

bluee

Oh man is this happen? i m reading this from you 1st time this is really very nice idea and i m sure that this is very durable and awesome design. nice sharing by you dude

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.